No announcement yet.

Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It definitely could be the plastic feed ramps. I was thinking that it had something to do with using goofy ammo in a 5.56 mag. I know it works 99.99% of the time but maybe whatever ammo he was using didn't quite mesh. I noticed Magpul makes a .300BO pmag, maybe that is worth a try.
    -Alex

Comment

I wouldn’t invest in new Pmags specifically for 300b. Both 5.56 and 300 b use the same case. The 300 is just necked down a fuzz. However, the part of the casing that makes contact with the mag feed ramps is the same size. I’m guessing his mag is just a bit out of spec, or if it was hot and may have flexed a bit and let a round slip past. I uses the clear lancers mainly because it would damn near be impossible to mistake them for my 5.56 Pmags and mess up my AR.

If you do buy some new mags get some that are easily distinguishable from the ones you use to run 5.56 especially if you let others shoot your gear. That way you can spot it immediately if someone grabs the wrong mag.
      Last edited by naplesE30; 07-09-2019, 01:08 PM.

Comment

Whelp, as of the 1st, California now requires a full BG check/wait period for simple ammo purchases.
        Web Designer / Front End Developer
        My Portfolio & Website

IG: @w_illriderz

Comment

That new law didn't address ammo components though correct? Just wondering if CA inadvertently created a new generation of reloaders.

Comment

Thinking about getting a PSAK-47 G3 for my first, and only commie semi. What are your guys thoughts and experiences if you were to only have one AK? I really don’t want to get a AK that end up having a canted front sight as that would drive me crazy every time I see it, and eat at me.

Comment

I too have been looking at getting the gen3 PSA ak47.

From the reviews on youtube, it seems to be a solid gun.

For me it's gonna be my, every now and then gun to shoot. If I could afford one, I totally would get one. The one with the red wood furniture looks pimp.
              1990 325is
              m52b28
              3.73lsd
              g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
                I too have been looking at getting the gen3 PSA ak47.

From the reviews on youtube, it seems to be a solid gun.

For me it's gonna be my, every now and then gun to shoot. If I could afford one, I totally would get one. The one with the red wood furniture looks pimp.
                Yeah the consensus seems to be it’s the best American made AK but is it better than all the commie bloc ones? The WASR AK’s seem to be a mixed bag but generally pretty decent quality lately.

Comment

If it was going to be my one and only AK, I'd save for an Arsenal personally.

Comment

as for arsenal, my budget, i.e. my wife, says otherwise lol
                    1990 325is
                    m52b28
                    3.73lsd

Comment

I can’t justify Arsenal type of money on any AK just based off of the accuracy of the platform. I am in the sub $500 market when it comes to the AK.

Comment

Aren't these considered some of the best AK based blasters available? https://rifledynamics.com/

I sure do miss the days of $300 yugos underfolders, $79 SKSs, and dirt cheap cases of surplus 7.62.

I guess I'll take the current salad days of ARs as a good replacement.
                        BEERTECH

Comment

Quality AKs are more than capable of fist sized groups at 300 yards. I don't really know how much more accurate you need for a fighting gun. That said, if you're looking for just a range toy, the PSA or WASR are probably fine and will provide just as much fun as a higher dollar gun. It's all in what you're buying it for. If I am only going to have one though, I'll go for the highest quality while being realistically priced. You can occasionally find Arsenals at or under $1k. While that isn't cheap, I think that when comparing that to a new $650-700 WASR you're getting your money's worth out of that extra $3-400, especially if you ever sell it.

Comment

I purchased a WASR-10 last year. If you do buy one I really recommend inspecting it before you take it home. The first one I purchased had messed up barrel threads under the slant brake. I took it home and it turned into a hassle shipping it back and waiting a few weeks for a refund. After that I decided to give it another try and get one from my local gun store. I stripped it and stained the blonde wood and now I shoot it all the time. It needed to be sited but its now one of my favorite guns,

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5022.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	7201910

Also my sparrow 22 finally got approved. Only took a year from the initial purchase to when I was able to pick it up. I love it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6795.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	119.8 KB
ID:	7201911

The Build:
                            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=191125

Comment

Nice! I like my sparrow as well.
                              1990 325is
                              m52b28
                              3.73lsd

Comment

Got a Mossberg 500 for free from the future father in law.

I wanted it as a home defense gun, given the rash of burglaries in the county. It's reached the point where my fiance is scared to be home alone when I leave for work at night.

I want to make this a manageable home defense gun that we can leave by her side of the bed. She's small, about 5'3 and 125lbs, so I want to try to make it easier for her to hold and use in the scenario where she might actually need to use it.

Looking for suggestions on how to do that. Pistol grip? Foregrip? In its current condition it's too long for her to comfortably hold it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
                                Last edited by Ryan...; 07-23-2019, 01:08 PM.
                                2007 Range Rover Sport S/C

Comment

Working...
                                X