Just got an iphone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got an iphone

Simply amazing. The capabilities are endless and it was worth every penny! I am looking at R3v right now on it. adn ill be albel to tell the second someone replies to this thred cuz i will get an email on it. Not to mention that the camera is sick... better than any camera phone hands down. This one thing replaces my ipod, blackberry, cellphone, digital camera, and most of what i use my labtop for all at once. At&t also did a great job with the plan. I pay only 10 bucks more a month than i did with verizon but now i get unlimited data that was $65 extra a month from verizon clueless.

I know some of you guys are anti-apple but this thing is just incredable
    e30sport.net
    '15 Porsche GT3 - 7-speed PDK - Daily Driver
    '86 325es - s54b32tu - 6-speed - Mtech 1
    '89 325is - m20b25 - 5-speed - Individual

I was 100% anti, because I've purchased fancy phones before, and they just end up serving their purpose as a phone and nothing else.

But a coworker brought his in today. Fucking amazing. I hope Verizon picks them up in the not too distant future.

Comment

+1 for verizon picking it up
      Originally posted by ebelements
      Also, for those who don't know, negative camber is the greatest thing since sliced bread(panera). Even tire wear is for city busses and the elderly.

Comment

Can I hate on the iPhone because I can't afford one? :P
        '89 325is S50 Track Montser
        '04 X5 Daily/Tow Vehicle

http://www.avarestoration.com

http://www.myspace.com/brendanfiddle

Click here if you want to be my zombie slave...

http://www.youtube.com/user/Fidhle007

Comment

ahaha that phone is worth more than a lot of the cars on here

Comment

probably not on verizon, since apple/at&t have 5 years of contractual exclusivity.

there are and have been way better camphones on the market. my year old k800i takes excellent pics in 3.2mp, legit xenon flash allows for night pics (official party phone, screw led flashes)

the problem with most convergence devices, like bill said, is that they do a bunch of things with mediocre quality.

the iphone is pretty cool, i'll admit it. it's got a sweet interface and screen, and has been marketed very well. there's no one device that is great at everything (maybe an n95, except for battery life or no keyboard)
            sigpic

Comment

you have to send it back to apple to get the battery replaced? wtf

As time went on, the factory developed the car each year, making it faster, more comfortable, and capable of handling at higher speeds.
              You don’t want this. You want the trickiest, most dangerous, oldest model you can find. Only then can you prove to the world that you’re a man.

Comment

doubt verizon will pick it up since it is a GSM phone and verizon is not a GSM carrier. also looking at the OPs post, if youre using it now, then its not working right cause i was under the impression it auto corrects your spelling?

Comment

Originally posted by madjurgen View Post
                  you have to send it back to apple to get the battery replaced? wtf
                  Which should be scary given the problems with the first gen ipods and the current macbooks. Batteries arent really apples thing.

The thing is does well is the multitouch interface. If it catches on that will be apple's legacy. Other than that different makers will come out with superior and cheaper products quickly, and its not a "new" market like the ipod was.
                  Im now E30less.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan Stewart View Post
                    Other than that different makers will come out with superior and cheaper products quickly, and its not a "new" market like the ipod was.
                    Nothing really new here, just the first pictures of the latest MiniOne M8 redesign from the sides, top, bottom, and back. Sorry, we'd love to tell you when this 11.8-mm of sexy will break loose Stateside and beyond but we can't. Still, if it makes you feel any better you can always prop these pictures up next to the dubious import pricing and dates we heard about this morning. You know, with claims of releasing a game changing 3G, HSDPA with WiFi worldphone packing 16GB of flash by early 2008... isn't it about time for Meizu to get this project out of their Chinese language bulletin boards and issue an honest to goodness foreign press release? In the mean time, we'll continue to cast doubt while you go toe-to-toe with product renderings in the gallery. Oh, and before you go... it looks like an iPhone. Ha, you didn't think you'd escape this post without some kind of Apple reference did ya?%Gallery-4444%

not exactly cheaper... but a competitor nonetheless

Comment

Originally posted by smonkbmw View Post
                      if youre using it now, then its not working right cause i was under the impression it auto corrects your spelling?
                      BAHAHAHHAAA! You beat me to it!

Closing SOON!
                      "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

how much??
                        IT IS BETTER TO DIE ON YOUR FEET THAN LIVE ON YOUR KNEES - emiliano zapata!

Comment

The only reason why I am anti-iphone because I think that there is too much crap on cell phones as it is. Nothing annoys me more than to have to put up with some little plastic box that is no larger than a deck of cards that is making buzzes, squeeks, dings, and horrible sounding music all day long.

And it gets on my nerves when I hang out with friends and the whole time that we are together they have their heads buried in these devices with the 2 inch screens. There is just too much going on inside of a screen that small. I mean we could be talking and then all of a sudden, "BEEEP BURRRR-- CHIRRP!" and everyone grabs their phone/pda/camera/whatever else is in that thing to see if its them that is being summoned. Last month I got so frustrated with one of these gizmos that I ended up smashing one in the parking lot.

My cousin's kid came to my house to spend a couple of weeks in DC and the whole time we are riding in the car, he has his face buried in his cell phone. I am asking him things about school and drugs and girls and his hobbies and so forth, and every response is an unenthusiastic "Uh-huh". So after the first couple of hours I said, "Put that damn thing away!" By the end of the day I had enough of him and his multi-faceted cell phone and I grabbed it out of his hand and said, "Gimme that!" and I slammed it on the ground. I figured if I heard that thing beep one more time I was going to hurt him.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill 84 318i View Post
                            I was 100% anti, because I've purchased fancy phones before, and they just end up serving their purpose as a phone and nothing else.

But a coworker brought his in today. Fucking amazing. I hope Verizon picks them up in the not too distant future.
                            Yup. Fucking amazing and very pretty. Right up until you drop it. Which you will.

AT&T really had themselves prepared, too. They sold so many, they weren't even able to activate them all! There are still people that bought them that haven't been able to activate them yet, who right now are sitting at home with a $600 paperweight. Way to go Apple/AT&T!

I don't know, call me a hater. I just think it's completely overdone, overhyped and over the top. I'll wait 3 years, and get one when it's the free phone you get for starting a new contract.

Comment

meh, my treo still does what I need it to do. My wife wants one 'cause "its pretty"

Our local carrier (cincinnati bell wireless) is tied in with AT&T -- all our out of the local area stuff is done over AT&T's network. They are supposed to have them soon. She wants one - trying to talk her into waiting for the next gen of them or at least until the bugs get found/worked out.
                              Current Cars
                              2014 M235i
                              2009 R56 Cooper S
                              1998 M3
                              1997 M3

Comment

Working...
                              X