24 Hours of Lemons (yes lemons)

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • kellie
    replied
    My friend drove down to San Diego from the Bay Area with a trailer to pick up the furry Mitsubishi. He stopped by my work on the way back home so I could see the car, and MAN do I feel bad for the guys that had to drive the damn thing. The inside of it smelled like wet dog/dead horse/anything furry and disgusting that you could think of. We were joking that Pantene Pro-V should sponsor it because it needed a shampoo BADLY. The door handles looked like assholes, I was afraid to open the door, but once he did, I got a big whiff of horse ass. Ew.

    Leave a comment:


  • Fanzotti
    replied
    I'm all caught up.


    This I have to do.

    Leave a comment:


  • sumyungguy
    replied
    Originally posted by M42Technik
    I remember seeing this in an old Road & Track, some E30's were pretty quick, but they had a Corolla that won the race. Apparently you win $500 in nickels, no joke.

    Good times!
    This one was $1500 in nickels!!... The e30's did really good at this one as well, there where two in the top 5 for most of the race. Edge Motorsports' e30 was in first for a bit.

    Leave a comment:


  • M42Technik
    replied
    I remember seeing this in an old Road & Track, some E30's were pretty quick, but they had a Corolla that won the race. Apparently you win $500 in nickels, no joke.

    Good times!

    Leave a comment:


  • sumyungguy
    replied
    Originally posted by Fanzotti
    Dude

    You gotta tell us more. This seriously is the coolest shit ever. What are the rules? how can you determine what's worth under $500. are there any restrictions on who can drive? Can you be a professional race car driver? What mods can you do?

    That old alfa giulia is to nice to be in this.

    Most important question...Where do I sign up?
    There is a panel of judges, if they think your car is worth more than $500 you startout with a negative amount of laps. Its not a destruction derbey, but there is a lot of contact. There are restrictions on who can drive, and you can do what ever you want to the car as long as its under $500 total including the price of the car (you can spend as much as you want on saftey though). Check out Jon's post for all the fine print...

    That old alfa was rusted beyond repair..

    Leave a comment:


  • Jon325i
    replied
    Originally posted by Fanzotti
    Dude

    You gotta tell us more. This seriously is the coolest shit ever. What are the rules? how can you determine what's worth under $500. are there any restrictions on who can drive? Can you be a professional race car driver? What mods can you do?

    That old alfa giulia is to nice to be in this.

    Most important question...Where do I sign up?
    Clicky link....yo yo....clicky....
    Because racing isn't just for rich idiots... it's for all idiots.


    Jon

    Leave a comment:


  • Teaguer
    replied



    I spot a sideskirt donor . :D

    Leave a comment:


  • Fanzotti
    replied
    Dude

    You gotta tell us more. This seriously is the coolest shit ever. What are the rules? how can you determine what's worth under $500. are there any restrictions on who can drive? Can you be a professional race car driver? What mods can you do?

    That old alfa giulia is to nice to be in this.

    Most important question...Where do I sign up?

    Leave a comment:


  • Silence*
    replied
    #35 gimes me a warm fuzzy feeling inside.

    Leave a comment:


  • stevofthahill
    replied
    holy shit, I didn't catch that tire the first time around, bouncy bouncy

    Leave a comment:


  • Mtriple
    replied
    Originally posted by Fanzotti
    This is without a doubt the coolest thing ever.

    Leave a comment:


  • stevofthahill
    replied
    Originally posted by sumyungguy
    haha that thing caused many car beatings or even deaths..
    well at least you know you got quick transport to the funeral home!

    Leave a comment:


  • sumyungguy
    replied
    Originally posted by stevofthahill
    I was crackin' up the whole time looking through these pics for sure. Especially the Hearse getting sideways off the track. Fucking priceless!
    haha that thing caused many car beatings or even deaths..

    Leave a comment:


  • stevofthahill
    replied
    I was crackin' up the whole time looking through these pics for sure. Especially the Hearse getting sideways off the track. Fucking priceless!

    Leave a comment:


  • sumyungguy
    replied
    Most of them couldnt pass smog (CA owns) or were chosen cause the were good track cars..

    Leave a comment:

Working...