The Scotch Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Scotch Thread

All scotch drinkers out there....whats your favorite?? I gotta say i had a Johnny Walker Blue label the other day that was absolutely great. So list some of your favorites!

I just started to drink Bourbon. I think scotch is another year out.

97 Cosmos M3

Comment

oban - neat on payday, regularly johhny black -- rocks with a lemon twist

Comment

Glenmorangie 12yr Or

21yr Ftw !!!!!
        Wine Chateau sells a large selection of fine wines at excellent prices. Free shipping on case orders. WineChateau®
        Last edited by atomic; 08-09-2007, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Paul I'll drink whatever you pour me and I dont have to get up.
          HDE30 <3

Comment

when i got back from basic training, I drank a whole bottle of Johnny Walker Black label. That was a bad night. I still love JW though

Comment

Originally posted by Avus E30 View Post
              Paul I'll drink whatever you pour me and I dont have to get up.
              hahaha i vaguely remember this...."Paul, get me a GODDAMN CHIMACHANGA!"

Comment

I like JW Black for an everyday, easy drinking scotch.

For single malts, my favorite so far is Lagavulin 16. I like Islays in general, but usually when the weather's cool outside. I haven't had Oban in a little while, but it's also very high on my list.

I think Glenmorangie 12 Sherry is an excellent value. It is pretty evolved for a 12 year!

Originally posted by whysimon
                WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Scotch.....ick a day of worshipping the porcelin goddess. Hard alcohol and me do not get along well together.

Comment

Lagavulin Single Malt is good. Macallans has a few good ones as well.

My go-to cheapo is Scoresby.
                    BEERTECH

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
                      Lagavulin Single Malt is good. Macallans has a few good ones as well.

My go-to cheapo is Scoresby.
                      nice.
                      Im not a fan of JW, seems overrated to me. Then again, im not into blends except to put in drinks.

My personal fav is the Balvenie 21yr Portwood. Its getting stupid expensive and I am on my last bottle. Do have a Glenfiddich 30 year to crack open.

I also like Aberlour's A'bunadh, its a bit cheaper.
                      Im now E30less.
                      sigpic

Comment

Laphroaig 15

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan Stewart View Post

Do have a Glenfiddich 30 year

Thats actually what I have cracked open and drinking currently

Comment

Im a beer drinker. But god bless you guys. I respect you dudes for drinking alky thats worth it. *thumbs up*

Mariano

2001 Titaniumsilber 540i Sport 6-Speed
                            1990 Diamantschwarz Alpha-N 2.5L ///M3
                            1986 Alpinweiss 325e M50B25 (R.I.P.)

-Talk to me when more sound comes from the induction than from the exhaust...

-Argentina........lo mas grande que hay.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan Stewart View Post
                              Im not a fan of JW, seems overrated to me. Then again, im not into blends except to put in drinks.
                              I used to think the same thing. Because JW is part of such a huge alcohol conglomerate and an industry titan in their own right, they have so much name recognition that even if you asked a high school kid what whisky he drinks he might say, "DUDE WALKER BLACK ON THE ROCKS FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111"

I have gotten over thumbing my nose at it. There aren't many $30/fifth 12 year whiskies that are as complete as JW Black. I have tried many of the components of JW Black separately and they all are lacking in one way or the other. Cardhu and Talisker are IMHO lesser whisky experiences than the whole especially when they are young. Caol Ila is actually very good once you get over the medicinal nose.

I'd only use Red Label as a mixer if I had to.

Originally posted by whysimon
                              WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Working...
                              X