baseball cards are a gyp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jflip2002 View Post
    Even if Barry bonds IS caught eventually. Hes still #2 of all time. I say you take off 150 of his HRs, and I think thats MORE than what the steroids helped him hit. If you do that, he still has his 600 HRs, and hes still #2. Hell, knock him back down to 500 HRs, and hes sitll #2. I think you miss the point that his HRs dont have the impact on his all time ranking, like you are so hung up on.

Hell take all the HR's away from him and he's still #2 in your eyes..... So NO you dont get our point....After all it makes perfect sense on your opinion of him since you are obviously a baseball fan and from the San Fran area. Thank GOD you dont have a vote in the hall of fame votes....

Comment

Originally posted by atomic View Post
      Hell take all the HR's away from him and he's still #2 in your eyes..... So NO you dont get our point....After all it makes perfect sense on your opinion of him since you are obviously a baseball fan and from the San Fran area. Thank GOD you dont have a vote in the hall of fame votes....
      +1

Steriod use has been a real black eye on all professional sports. It has to be tough as a player the day you decide wheither to be as ultra-competetive using whatever performance edge you can, or holding true to who you are & playing at a lesser level, therefore reducing your salary & chances to make recordbooks, hall of fame, etc.

I really wouldn't envy a player who has had to make this as a concious decision.

Personally I'm a Cal Ripkin man, and I sure as heck hope it never comes out he touched the stuff. That would be a real bummer to me, I really liked that guy - a real class act. So much so I bet he knew better than to even get mixed up with the 'roids.

Anyone who makes the record books who tested positive for 'roids will forever have a " * " tied to their stats - almost like there should be 2 seperate lists - Steriod & Natural - for all records.

It's not how you handle the good times, but the faith you keep in the bad that defines you.

Comment

crackers?

Comment

Originally posted by LINUS View Post
          +1

Steriod use has been a real black eye on all professional sports. It has to be tough as a player the day you decide wheither to be as ultra-competetive using whatever performance edge you can, or holding true to who you are & playing at a lesser level, therefore reducing your salary & chances to make recordbooks, hall of fame, etc.

I really wouldn't envy a player who has had to make this as a concious decision.

Personally I'm a Cal Ripkin man, and I sure as heck hope it never comes out he touched the stuff. That would be a real bummer to me, I really liked that guy - a real class act. So much so I bet he knew better than to even get mixed up with the 'roids.

Anyone who makes the record books who tested positive for 'roids will forever have a " * " tied to their stats - almost like there should be 2 seperate lists - Steriod & Natural - for all records.
          That's a good point and all, but then how do you distinguish between users and non-users? With your plan, bonds wouldn't have an * by his records. People don't realize that hundreds of people did this, and they were all playing agianst each other. Some players and former team employees say that over half of the people in the league were using. How about pitchers? Should there be astericts by the rocket's wins/strikeouts/Cy Youngs because he got a lot bigger in the course of his career?

Comment

Originally posted by LINUS View Post

If youre such a huge fan, spell Cal RipkEn Jr. correctly. Thanks.

And as far as me being in the San Francisco area.... Sure, if you consider about 4 hours away in the area. Im a lot closer to LA than SF. And none the less, Im a Tigers fan. Tigers, Eagles, Flyers, Magic, Wolverienes.

And yes, Crackers... And Im also a honkey.
            Originally posted by blunt
            i would jerk larry king off while tonging jflips ass if h0lmes would blow his head off

Comment

Originally posted by TwoJ's View Post
              That's a good point and all, but then how do you distinguish between users and non-users? With your plan, bonds wouldn't have an * by his records. People don't realize that hundreds of people did this, and they were all playing agianst each other. Some players and former team employees say that over half of the people in the league were using. How about pitchers? Should there be astericts by the rocket's wins/strikeouts/Cy Youngs because he got a lot bigger in the course of his career?
              Damn good point. A pitcher on roids Vs. a hitter on roids = Cancel the roids?

I dont know, its one of those things where everyone will have their own opinion on it all. I personall dont like or hate bonds. Im neutral on him. But I do think hes #2 all time. I'll even listen to arguements dropping him to #5 of all time. Either way, top 5 of all time.
              i would jerk larry king off while tonging jflips ass if h0lmes would blow his head off

Comment

Originally posted by jflip2002 View Post
                If youre such a huge fan, spell Cal RipkEn Jr. correctly. Thanks.

And as far as me being in the San Francisco area.... Sure, if you consider about 4 hours away in the area. Im a lot closer to LA than SF. And none the less, Im a Tigers fan. Tigers, Eagles, Flyers, Magic, Wolverienes.

And yes, Crackers... And Im also a honkey.

Sorry - I don't stare at my old cards nor do I live & die by baseball, it's what I watch while waiting for football. So if I spell RipkIn wrong, too bad. I was making a point & sharing a view. Get over it.

And if Bonds has tested positive EVER, then he should have a "*" by his name. Just like Giambi, McGuire, & anyone else who ever tested positive, white, black, brown, or green.

Like I said, it's just got to be tough knowing they work & that many players you compete against are doing it, but either holding true to who you are or not.

And I'm mostly white, so sure - you can call me a cracker. Woo hoo.

It's not how you handle the good times, but the faith you keep in the bad that defines you.

Comment

McGwire.. And I agree with you. But the fact is, they HAVENT tested positive. Even Giambi hasnt, though he has admitted using it.

Comment

Working...
                  X