Uninsured driving ticket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by parkerbink View Post
    You had insurance, hence no fine. I said if you will reread my post UNLESS YOU PROVE YOU WERE INSURED AT THE TIME OF THE TICKET.
    True, my fine was waved because I did prove in court I had insurance on the day of the citation.
    The point is, they did not tow/impound my car when I was pulled over, and they would not have suspended my license even if I didn't provide proof of insurance. I'm looking at the "courtesy notice" right now, and the court appearance was optional. I could have just paid the $700 fine and gone on with my day.

-Erik

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Groupie View Post
      A chill judge eh? I wanna meet em! :)
      I had a pretty decent judge at the Multnomah County Courthouse. I was able to get some charges changed after everything was final by writing the judge a letter and explaining the situation. It allowed me to get my license back long before the suspension was over. The DMV is full of retarded assholes though.

Comment

Perhaps the rules in your city are different. I know that what I said is true in Burbank, or at least WAS true in '96 as I helped in the defense of a friend in that court at that time.

The judge placed him into custody when he appeared at the mandatory appearance when he did not have the 1800.00. I had to put it on my cc as it was the last court day before Christmas and had I not done so he would have spent a bunch of time in jail.

He was driving without insurance and the officer did not impound his car.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

I don't know what the courts are like in other states but in DC and Maryland you can get away with most car and driver related infractions by showing up on your court date. Most people would rather pay the tickets and fines and then let that be the end of it. But I think that if you show them that you care about the fact that you broke the law, they will cut you some slack.

Comment

Working...
          X