• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by imsotyerred View Post
    Zeppelin forever
    x2
    Byron
    Leichtbau

Comment

This is by far one of the most retarded songs ever ever ever written. However, the only possible redemption to be found out of the whole ungodly awful shitty mess that is Soulja Boy is the Travis Barker remix because he is a sick as fuck drummer.

Comment

Originally posted by JGood View Post
        It's where you draw your line of normality. This isn't wrong, it's just different. I think the majority of us here think its weird. When head bangers started, that was just as weird. This shit will probably grow. And as I said, it's the downhill slope of modern society. People are now looking up to uneducated ghetto stars. That's not evolution, it's deceleration.
        "It's a milestone on the downhill slope of modern society."
        That's what my Mom and Dad said! That jungle music.
        C'mon, guys. The kids are all right! White girls dancing like....well, you know.
        Last edited by 1991 318is; 10-11-2007, 02:23 PM.

Comment

jungle music???

Not trying to start shit here but jungle music

-> Afficionados join the M-technic I club

Comment

I will never understand why people listen to and buy that garbage. I will also never understand why people think that Travis Barker is a "sick as fuck" drummer. If anyone needs me I'll be in the shower, crying and listening to RUSH.

Comment

Originally posted by Tavern Gnome View Post
              I will also never understand why people think that Travis Barker is a "sick as fuck" drummer. If anyone needs me I'll be in the shower, crying and listening to RUSH.
              Travis Barker is a very skilled drummer. Post 1970's rock, there was a decline of instrumental drummers, such that they could actually play music with a drum. Most can carry a beat and sustain a band, but could not make an album of drums. Travis is one of the few recent drummers I have seen that can make music with two sticks, some metal, and plastic. If you just search for Travis Barker on YouTube, some of the stuff he has is amazing. Listen to Blink182 to understand how the drums carry the music, one of the major reasons why I enjoyed them so much.

Originally posted by Mtechnik
              jungle music???

Not trying to start shit here but jungle music
              Please elaborate how this garbage is anything different. I do a ton of stuff with music and my brother manages a night club that sees many higher end 'lesser known' groups including many rappers. These guys use generic beats that people can flow to, but have no purpose, meaning, or quality. It isn't music, its garbage. These albums sell because people like those 15 year old white girls can dance to them; not because intelligent and educated people can listen. If you want some real rap and hip-hop, I have nearly 10GB of 'real' stuff. Snowgoons, Atmosphere, Cage, INI, J-Dilla, RAZ, Scientific, Cormega, etc... Real rap, with real hip-hop beats. If you think 50-Cent, Kayne West, Chamillionaire, etc.. are real rappers, your unfortunately mistaken. They are entertainers, thus why they make millions. Early Jay-Z, early Ludacris, and Saigon are the closest things to mainstream quality rap...and you see how Saigon has been taken; nothing.

If you want to have an educated discussion about 'why' this is garbage, I can present you with any form of hip-hop and rap that you want. Until then, please, by all means, blow out your speakers with this garbage...of course unless you want some 15 year olds :) .

Wes

Comment

^ Jungle DNB dub-step and ragga has all proved the test of time. People have been listening to it for years now. I just caught a ltj bukem show last night and it was sold out. The people in attendance varied in all kinds of ways. Not only limited to their appearance and age. If you feel that this music is " Generic " and the same old I challenge you to go pick up the new Dkay c.d. or a London Elektricity c.d.. All real music, with real instruments, with real musicianship. Lets not be closed minded about music. Its vast and that c.d. that you might have looked over 2000 times might have been the best CD your ever gonna hear. Just because you personally dislike a certain type type of music does not mean mean that the music is therefore crap and shit by default. Different music for different people. I personally agree soulja boy is crap music. Catchy and makes you loose 30 IQ everytime you dance it. But hey hes making money of it and we are not. He must be doing something right.

Now as for my views on "EDM" ( electronic dance music )
                Sure you might think its crap, but i guarantee you that there is at least 1 band or producer out there that makes a certain kind of sound that you will like / agree with.
                Music is suppose to different and have its own individuality. Just dont knock on something though because you have heard 1 song and then therefore the whole genre is shit.
                Last edited by e30 gangsta; 10-11-2007, 07:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 92 mtechnic cabrio View Post
                  that was good
                  PNW Crew
                  90 m3
                  06 m5

Comment

how can people listen to that CRAP. what the hell is wrong with today's kids. ive been out of school since 02 and we never listen to that crap. just awful
                    NEED SOME VINYL STICKERS???

Comment

Originally posted by whakiewes View Post
                      Until then, please, by all means, blow out your speakers with this garbage...of course unless you want some 15 year olds :) .

Wes
                      :D:D:D

Yours was the type of answer I was looking & waiting for in this thread. Substantiated enducated. Not bashment just because because the song comes from a "background of rap/hip-hop.

Comment

yea i agree i dont see why this is jungle music but trance techno and all the related types are any different.
                        catchy beat+mindless lyrics= success
                        Originally posted by ebelements
                        Also, for those who don't know, negative camber is the greatest thing since sliced bread(panera). Even tire wear is for city busses and the elderly.

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave
                          mtechnik likes Soulja Boy :(

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

LOL @ Girl on the left.

:D:D:D:D I'm sawwy i disappointed you. i got a mix cd from a freind and the song was just on there. As was the case for many wirth "Ay bay bay"-Hurricane Chris, I just started bobbin my head.

I am a person that hardly ever bothers with lyrics. Beats are what catch my attention first.

Comment

I feel the need for a group drive to Vegas and pick up on some Wayne Newton tickets. Danke shein baby!
                            Last edited by FL318is; 10-12-2007, 06:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mtechnik View Post
                              :D:D:D

Yours was the type of answer I was looking & waiting for in this thread. Substantiated enducated. Not bashment just because because the song comes from a "background of rap/hip-hop.
                              No problem man! I just see the decline of hip-hop as a direct result of songs like this. Beats are very catchy which is why they are played on the radio. Like I said, they are entertainers, not musicians. Ask one of them to play a guitar, hold a steady beat with a drum, etc... they can't.

Techno/Dance music differs completely, and to say they are the same is just as uneducated. The person that makes this beat for the song 'Soulja Boy' is a VP at the major labels making probably $1-5 million a year, not the rapper of the song. Just like Brittany Spears doesn't write any of her music. Techno takes a very particular talent, especially those who still use vinyls as their starting base. http://youtube.com/watch?v=Uw0v6kkasMk People like this are musicians in a different way than Travis Barker. Techno is in the same form that someone has the skill and knowledge to use digital audio creating devices to first establish a new, catchy beat (why you only see maybe one major techno song per couple of years; Castles in the Sky, Heaven, and now Everytime we Touch). Second, they must master that beat to the form they are following; Trance, Underground, Break, Lucid, etc... Third, they have to produce a digital format so that everyone has the ability to listen, not just those with $40,000 home audio systems. We are not even including those that digital create the 'ultimate' womans voice, make her sing, as well as stay on cue.

Rock is the only form of current mainstream music that has an established backing, which is also why the music is so slow to change. Country has turned to label created garbage, as well as hip-hop/R&B. You think all the smart rappers are merging into other forms of music and branching out to different avenues of income for money alone. Jay-Z is smart enough to know that what he has now won't always be there. Post mid-90's, mainstream music took a drastic turn to what you are listening to on this thread. The ultimate sign that music now is nothing more than a catchy beat...might as well not even write lyrics anymore.

Wes

Comment

If anyone is interested in real, current hip-hop that is good, I have a few reccomendations. Download Camp Lo, Luchini . Its the new 'underground' club hip-hop. Camp Lo, Coolio High is a good mix of beats but is more R&B type...might need to be high to really enjoy it :) . The whole Snowgoons album German Lugers is incredibly sick. If your looking for individual songs, the title song German Lugers is good, Black Woods is good, well really the whole CD. Everytime I put it in, I can't take it out, you get sucked in. The new J-Dilla album, The Shining is absolutely sick. Its post-record contract, so it features many more modern artists. Busta Rhymes, Common, Mos Def, etc.. are all featured on the album.

Those are the easiest to get accustomed to. Otherwise your going to get smacked in the face with 'underground' hip-hop and might not take kindly to it. Start slow then work your way up :) .

Wes

Comment

Working...
                                X