The R3V Bicycle Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by So Live View Post
    Fixed. Those are the stock wheels though so no lock ring therefore i need a brake. Idk if id be comfortable right now with out one anyway. Im not strong enough resisting to stop fast if i needed to.

I was more thinking about pedal retention.

I have been thinking about going to those big old POWER STRAPS because I have MKS GR-9 platforms, they would be at home on a bmx bike. What do you guys say? Size 16 shoes in LL MKS clips does not work well, even with a pair of Chucks.

Comment

I hate power straps. I have a couple of friends that have them, and they drive me nuts!

Comment

no one commented on my beautiful new ride....:( you guys got FIXED on the brainz. my new bike has way more HP to the wheels than your stupid little girly vTECH FIXED gearz. comment on how awesome my bike is before i come to each or your cities and illegally street race you with my drag race giubilato. also, i just realized the original craiglist thread got deleted, so you cant see my new ridez. so ill get some new pics up soon. just remember campagnolo>everything else
        www.benjamineliward.com

Comment

Originally posted by lowlightbw View Post
          campagnolo>everything else

That's the attitude I hate. Right there. My Huffy is better than all at jumping dirt mounds in the vacant lot next to my parents house. Even better than your campy.

Comment

Farbin, I think he's just fucking around.

Comment

I pulled the Huffy card. I was joking as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave
                It wouldn't matter if he had more threads or not since 1) they wouldn't be the reverse thread for a lockring and 2) lockring threads are smaller/different anyways.
                Ah yes, that's true. I always forget that they're reverse threads.

I just noticed yesterday that the new Swobo seat I got has a bottle opener on the underside of it. I guess now I have to start drinking Weinhard's root beer or something else with a cap.

Comment

lowlight, fuck your shit your bareknuckle pwns all.
                  1989 Bronzit 325ia- Sold
                  1986 Diamondschwarz Grey Market 325i Sport Mtech 1- Parted out
                  1988 Delphin 327i- Sold
                  1995 Cosmos M3- Current

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson View Post
                    Do you have room on the spindle still for a lock ring? You really should get one, they're really cheap. If you go and try to pedal really hard or stop hard by resisting, you can slip the cog.
                    Yeah, id run a "lockring" but theres no room and im not sure how much itd help. I was reading on sheldown browns page that sometimes the extra lock ring on a std hub is more trouble than its worth. I guess it doesnt really help that much and if it does unscrew itll lock the wheel up instead of rolling away.

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
                    I was more thinking about pedal retention.
                    Dude you cant skid on platforms? Somethings wrong with you...

Just kidding, those are time z platform/clipless pedals. I kinda hate having to wear my 661 shoes even though they look like skate shoes (kinda)

Originally posted by lowlightbw View Post
                    no one commented on my beautiful new ride....
                    Dude chill, if the add still worked and anyone knew anything more than its all campy(!!!!!!!!>everything!!!!) someone might have said something...
                    -Chris

Comment

No recommendations on chainring or crank upgrades ; (

Comment

Dude chill, if the add still worked and anyone knew anything more than its all campy(!!!!!!!!>everything!!!!) someone might have said something...[/quote]

DUDE YOU BETTER NOT LET ME CATCH YOU RIDING YOUR SHIT IN SAVANNAH GA!!!!!!!!! WE WILL RACE FOR PINKS MY CAMPY VTECH KICKS IN WHEN I SWITCH TO MY 52T RING AND ILL BLOW YOUR CLIPS OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IM FOR SERIOUSES

;)my frame is dipped in chrome, what now bitches.
                        www.benjamineliward.com

Comment

"wow...just wow."

EDIT: 7,500th post

Comment

Hey Farbin, look what I'm getting from a friend of mine in the near future...

Comment

Tittayz. That's not square taper is it?

Comment

I'm not sure, I'll have to ask him.

Comment

Working...
                                X