The R3V Bicycle Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Turf1600 View Post
    If we had a flier or stickers i could hand them out at critical mass next week.
    That would be h4x!

I'm going to talk to Jon to see if he can help us out with that!

Paging Jon.
    tasty

Comment

If we had a flier or stickers i could hand them out at critical mass next week.
      what about fanny packs?

no fanny packs?

Ok, no fanny packs.
      1989 Bronzit 325ia- Sold
      1986 Diamondschwarz Grey Market 325i Sport Mtech 1- Parted out
      1988 Delphin 327i- Sold
      1995 Cosmos M3- Current

Comment

I think my cog or my sprocket might be bent from my crash last night. The metal cap over the spindle, on the non-cog side of the rear rub is also wobbling, and my drivetrain feels sluggish, and is making a weird, cyclical noise as the drivetrain turns.

Comment

I think it might have just been my chain tension was a little slack. The guy at the bike shop said everything felt fine, and the drivetrain was smooth.

Maybe I'm still just a little woozy from last night lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson View Post
            Another spectacular bail tonight! A was riding with some friends, and we were coming over a large footbridge, skidding it on the way down. My friend on the right was slightly ahead of me, and started to skid sideways in front of me, and almost came to a stop (he didn't see me), and I was still hauling ass in a skid, and smashed right into him.

He went straight down, and my bike pitched sideways and threw me over, hitting on my ride side, tore the fuck out of my elbow, continued to roll on my back, and SMACKED the back of my head dead bang onto the pavement. I've got this huge mother bump on the back of my head and a decent headache. But my bike is fine!
            Jesus christ. You lucky SOB! Glad you're alive!
            tasty

Comment

yay for fix3d.com and on the skateboarding rant note.... i've been skating for over 10 years constantly.. still at least 3 times a week, and without it i would probably hate life. but i also have a fixed gear, i ride every day back and forth to work, and just about everywhere else. funny thing is i think coming from skating is why i enjoy my fixed. people think " anyone can ride a skateboard" or anyone can ride a bike. but it's different than that. riding fixed acually makes you have to pay attention, and try to better your skills, and you can still eat it pretty easy. alot like skating in that aspect i think. i like to mountain bike too, but around town i wouldn't trade the fixed for anything.
              löwenbröke crew... ya herd?
              HSTuningUSRT|Southbend|Integrated Engineering|Boostvalve|ATP|

Comment

Originally posted by s0urce View Post
                Jesus christ. You lucky SOB! Glad you're alive!
                The funny part is, I just want to get back on my bike tomorrow and go ride some more.

And Delta, I'm glad you had the stones to come back and apologize for what you said before. Fixies are just becoming the new thing, and everyone that isn't into them is trashing it for whatever reason, and it's just silly. I said before, I'd be lying if I said part of the reason I got one wasn't because I thought they were cool, and my friends had them. Everything everyone does when it comes to sports, hobbies, or fashion is because someone else was doing it, and they thought it looked fun/cool/interesting.

Comment

Fuck 7 days of rain

1989 Bronzit 325ia- Sold
                  1986 Diamondschwarz Grey Market 325i Sport Mtech 1- Parted out
                  1988 Delphin 327i- Sold
                  1995 Cosmos M3- Current

Comment

rode alot tonight.. my new favorite spot to learn stuff. a school right by my house that has a lit up section of cement

löwenbröke crew... ya herd?
                    HSTuningUSRT|Southbend|Integrated Engineering|Boostvalve|ATP|

Comment

So i registered for f1x3d and i still havnt gotten a conformation. How long should it take? (same username as on here)

Originally posted by löwenbröke View Post
                      yay for fix3d.com ....

people think " anyone can ride a skateboard" or anyone can ride a bike. but it's different than that. riding fixed acually makes you have to pay attention, and try to better your skills, and you can still eat it pretty easy. alot like skating in that aspect i think. i like to mountain bike too, but around town i wouldn't trade the fixed for anything.
                      Couldnt have said it better my self.

And i saw some kid on my campus riding fixed last week. Im pissed i didnt get to talk to him. Would be nice to ride with someone...
                      -Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave

Outside the bar after the alleycat.
                        nice seat there tj
                        ;)

m42brigade

r3v Photo Crew: Founding Member

Originally posted by Eurospeed
                        Guys like him are the reason I love it when people do things to their cars that are different. It just like anytime Karlo posts a thread with pics of his car, I love watching all the elitist pricks on this site shit their pants when they see an E30 that doesn't fit their standards.

Comment

in regards to the initial comment; skateboarders hated rollerbladers. 80% of the skateboarders I know have fixed gear bikes (the rest don't havee the $ for fixed and have old roadies). that's the difference.

<- skateboarder who rides fixed

I think bicycles are cool because they transcend so many people, subcultures, etc. riding a skateboard well takes a long time, whereas most people can already ride a bike. Skateboarding is something you can only do with select people but bicycles have much more mass appeal. it's nice to be able to cruise with your lady, ride around with a bunch of friends, etc.
                          Last edited by ColdAccord; 11-18-2008, 02:32 AM.
                          Originally posted by blunt
                          can you get me a deal on cases of their (fiji) bottled water? i wash my 02 in that shit

Comment

I still can't stay off of a skateboard. I've been at it since 1996.

I'm too old and not hip enough for the fixie scene. I just enjoy riding.

Me too. I still have not tried riding a wheele. And rarely skid. I just like the "powerand" of a stripped down, bare bones device. But no skateboards for me anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by ColdAccord View Post
                              in regards to the initial comment; skateboarders hated rollerbladers. 80% of the skateboarders I know have fixed gear bikes (the rest don't havee the $ for fixed and have old roadies). that's the difference.

<- skateboarder who rides fixed

I think bicycles are cool because they transcend so many people, subcultures, etc. riding a skateboard well takes a long time, whereas most people can already ride a bike. Skateboarding is something you can only do with select people but bicycles have much more mass appeal. it's nice to be able to cruise with your lady, ride around with a bunch of friends, etc.
                              There was never much rollerblade hate down here. Granted, I worked at 3 skateparks over the years so I know all of the local rollerbladers pretty well. The only people who can't stand rollerbladers are the really old skool pool guys.

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
                              Me too. I still have not tried riding a wheele. And rarely skid. I just like the "powerand" of a stripped down, bare bones device. But no skateboards for me anymore.
                              I've tried wheelies but I don't think I'm geared right.
                              "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

Lets get the fuck outa here and into the new forum.

Duh!

Comment

Working...
                                X