The R3V Bicycle Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by e34john View Post
    a 61 and that much seat tube, how do you fit into an E30? Nice bike BTW, I love white.

Are those zipp logos gold? If so I need to get a set for my bike.
    Thanks... I waited for months for a used all white R3 to show up

It just looks like a ton of seat tube due to the sloping frame and the optics of the drop... I'm just 6' 3.

The Zipp stickers are the silver/gray big stickers. I think the sun in the background made the front one look a bit odd. The correct color is the one at 7pm on the rear tire.

Comment

I have an R3 too, Scott Addict R3.

Theo Bos stem with Cavendish bars, I hate the bar tape though I am going back to Fiziks or try the Shimano PRO. Plus the shop wrapped it too far across I don't ever use the horizontals.
      sigpic

Comment

Mercier Kilo TT "Stripper"

A.K.A: My fixed gear curiosity getting the best of me.

This is what happens when you go on bikesdirect.com after a few beers. Was looking for a road bike, then started poking around and saw this. I thought the idea of a "raw" frame (clearcoat only) was just the coolest thing ever. I ended up buying two bikes that night

I had never ridden a fixie, don't know anyone who has one, so why not buy my own? I almost got bucked off it on my first ride when I stood up to adjust my position on the seat and forgot I can't coast. It's fun though, I like having to actually think about how I'm pedaling as opposed to just spinning away.

All stock except for the pedals right now, but I'll definitely be making changes over time. Oh, and I peeled the stickers off. All three of them.
        '84 318i - Lapisblau/Schwarz (in cryosleep)
        '06 330i - Titansilber/Schwarz

Comment

about 3.5 years later this thread is still going. keep ridin' them bikes!! :up:

Comment

Made a rack for my ridin' around town bike:

Does not hold much weight, but carries the essentials: the shop apron for when I work at the shop and a beach towel.

Comment

Looks cool, but those screws in the middle of the plank are kind of a terrible idea :)
              Get some recessed, flush style ones? Love the bike. Looks fun!

Comment

Originally posted by scabzzzz View Post
                Looks cool, but those screws in the middle of the plank are kind of a terrible idea :)
                Get some recessed, flush style ones? Love the bike. Looks fun!
                yeah...I couldn't find beveled-heads in my jars of hardware.
                eventually......

Comment

what can you guys tell me about this bike? previous owner said he purchased it for over 1,500

]

Comment

Old Cannondale with a carbon fork and aluminium frame.

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
                      Old Cannondale with a carbon fork and aluminium frame.
                      worth anything? (just want to know, not trying to flip it)
                      ]

Comment

It seems to have 9-speed Dura Ace, but it looks like an 8-speed derrailleur, so it probably got upgraded somewhere along the line. My memory escapes me on the look of the 8speed derraileurs. The 9 speed that should have some value on ebay or somehting.
                        As for the frame, check for cracking or paint fractures on around the bottom bracket...usually drive side or by the cable guides. Also check for the same on the drive side and non-drive side chainstays. Check for cracking under the downtube by the headset.

Comment

Originally posted by E30_(1st Musk)_ View Post
                          what can you guys tell me about this bike? previous owner said he purchased it for over 1,500

Pretty sure its a replica of a race bike. Only the one off race bikes had that style of paint job IIRC from researching my Saeco team edition CAD4. Nice bike! I love mine, have had 2 now. Also appears to be mid 90's.

Comment

shit you guys know alot more than i do. I will check for cracks because i did a bit of research and heard that it is a stiff bike? cad3?

either way, we picked up the entire bike for $200 so im guessing it was a good deal
                            ]

Comment

Gary Fisher crack

Found this the other day on my GF Montare. Bike is one year old and is a street commuter. Warrantee will cover.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by hoveringuy; 05-05-2011, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by E30_(1st Musk)_ View Post
                                shit you guys know alot more than i do. I will check for cracks because i did a bit of research and heard that it is a stiff bike? cad3?

either way, we picked up the entire bike for $200 so im guessing it was a good deal
                                It appears to be very original too, minus the wheelset. I dont think it came wtih that style. Pretty sure it came with standard non aero hoops and Shimano hubs.
                                Appears to be a mid 90's CAD3. Yes, check for stress cracks. Cannondale was very innovative back then, they made extremely quality bicycles compared to their competition.

Comment

Working...
                                X