Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Herr Faust Schinken View Post
    nah you crazy man you can get a speeding ticket on a bike BTW
    Hahahaha, yes, back in the day I got stopped for doing 50 in a school zone (school was out). I got the "Son, do you know why I pulled you over? I clocked you at 50 mph." Me "Really? holy crap! Are you going to give me a ticket? If so I'm going to frame it as proof that I could do 50 in a sprint!" He told me to slow down and didn't give me a ticket.

Will
    '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
    '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
    '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
    '88 BMW M3

Comment

Originally posted by BlackbirdM3 View Post
      Hahahaha, yes, back in the day I got stopped for doing 50 in a school zone (school was out). I got the "Son, do you know why I pulled you over? I clocked you at 50 mph." Me "Really? holy crap! Are you going to give me a ticket? If so I'm going to frame it as proof that I could do 50 in a sprint!" He told me to slow down and didn't give me a ticket.

Will
      The one time you wanted the ticket the cop wouldn't give it too you SMH cops are always dicks lol
      88 325is Five Speed
      Lachssilber

Comment

Originally posted by Herr Faust Schinken View Post
        The one time you wanted the ticket the cop wouldn't give it too you SMH cops are always dicks lol
        The best thing was that I likely could have gotten out of the ticket stating "Do you really think a guy on a pedal bike can do 50 mph on flat ground?"

The truth was, there weren't a whole lot of amature cyclists who could sprint like that. Heck, even the pros were pretty thin on guys with that sort of sprint. When I got back to the bike shop I was working at, I had to tell the story, one guy fell down because he was laughing so hard.

Will
        '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
        '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
        '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
        '88 BMW M3

Comment

Just picked up a Felt TK3. It's my first track bike so I'm pretty stoked. I've been looking off and on for a bike for almost two years but the price was right and I had the money so this was what I stumbled upon. However. I'm not even going to get it to ride it this next two months because I'll be in Alaska. Agh! Happy to be back in the bike game.

-1976 2002 daily (Sold)
          -1986 528e 5 speed daily

Comment

[ATTACH]110072[/ATTACH]

Comment

From when in lived in Malibu ... enjoy the ride :) ...

I'm in Shanghai for another week then back to Oahu, will post bike pics then as access is totally restricted here, no FB nor Google.

Aloha

Comment

Olympics, Women's race -

The woman in blue tried to block the woman in orange. She forced her up to the wall and orange just rode right up onto the vertical fence to not be shut out. Orange survived, blue crashed out. HA!

Click image for larger version

Name:	WUT.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	7188201

Comment

That TK3 above is nice! I lived with a buddy for a while who had a TK2 and I loved that bike.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                  Transaction feedback
                  - jpod999

Comment

Originally posted by LateFan View Post
                    Olympics, Women's race -

The woman in blue tried to block the woman in orange. She forced her up to the wall and orange just rode right up onto the vertical fence to not be shut out. Orange survived, blue crashed out. HA!

The spectator expressions are priceless!

E46t

Comment

Three more inches with that front wheel and she's through the railing and dead meat. That would have been a nasty crash.

Comment

Is there a video of that?

Comment

Here's where I saw it...
                          Keirin is a track cycling event where racers start behind a motorized pace vehicle, then more or less sprint it out for two kilometers. During the final lap of heat two at the women’s keirin this morning, French rider Virginie Cueff tried to budge her way into the outside lane so she could try and swing over for the…

Comment

[ATTACH]110321[/ATTACH]

Comment

This my kind of biking.
                              This was in 2013, but more of skills from 1989

https://youtu.be/3syn6yTpPFk
                              Last edited by b-rad; 08-24-2016, 06:26 PM.
                              1987 BMW 325is,(M3 S50 Swapped)-Current
                              2010 FJ Cruiser, aka E30 Support Vehicle-(Daily)
                              2008 Scion xB Lowered
                              2001 BMW 325i
                              1995 BMW 318ti
                              1966 Ford Mustang Coupe
                              1965 Ford Mustang Coupe

My Thread

Comment

Originally posted by jpod999 View Post
                                That TK3 above is nice! I lived with a buddy for a while who had a TK2 and I loved that bike.
                                Thanks! She's not as pretty as it looks in the pictures. It's been ridden hard and put away wet so to speak. However, it still rides great. Funny enough my uncle has a TK2 as well. I remember seeing it in 2009 or so thinking it was the coolest thing. He's also got some really sweet Cannondale road bikes but I always had a soft spot for the tk2. I picked it up for a whopping $120 if I remember correctly. When I get home I am most likely going to do away with the wheel set and crank set/BB due to the gearing being really high.
                                -1976 2002 daily (Sold)
                                -1986 528e 5 speed daily

Comment

Working...
                                X