The R3V Bicycle Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not my bike.
    Luke's bike surrounded by parts we all know and love.

Andy
    -Andy

Comment

I don't get how people ride fixies without bullhorns. drops are so low (unless you have an upward rake on your stem) and they're pretty uncomfortable without hoods. flat bars are ok, but your hands are kind of close together and the steering is more touchy. bullhorns ftw imo.

btw about frame size; I ride a 55 pista and it fits like a glove. it's the same size as my geared bike (bianchi reparto course). the frame geometry is a bit different obviously, bottom bracket is higher on the fixed (165mm crank arms). I'm 5'11" 165 lbs

and those getting into it; frame geometry plays a big part in how a bike fits. You should get the length of every tube and the angle, and figure out what works for you. also consider frame material. a lot of people are really into light bikes. I weigh in at 17 lbs and the only thing I would change is a carbon fork. aluminum frames are light, but fuck do they let you feel every little bump.

thumbs up to mks pedals and clips, I also roll with them
      Originally posted by blunt
      can you get me a deal on cases of their (fiji) bottled water? i wash my 02 in that shit

Comment

I like risers. I can still pull just as hard as my friends with bullhorns, but my friends with drops ain't got shit on us.
        1989 Bronzit 325ia- Sold
        1986 Diamondschwarz Grey Market 325i Sport Mtech 1- Parted out
        1988 Delphin 327i- Sold
        1995 Cosmos M3- Current

Comment

I hate drops, I flipped mine over and cut them to bullhorns 3 days after I got the bike. I just re-wrapped them with red Fizik tape, but I'm going to get some good proper bullhorns pretty soon.

Comment

Urple! This thing is awesome, so clean.

Comment

That thing is badass. I seriously want a fixed gear now... Like, for real.
              -Erik
              '16 Focus 2.0L - '99 Protegé DX 1.6L POS (Sold) - '87 4runner 22R-E (Sold) - '86 Schwarz S50 (Sold) - '02 WRX Wagon (sold) - '07 Impreza 2.5i (sold) - '91 Alpine M52 (Sold) - '89 Alpine 325is (Sold)

Originally posted by 87e30
              I just want to dance with some beezies

Comment

^ I've been considering that paint scheme for some time now.. I think it's that, or similar to this one off velospace...

R.H.D
                M-technic I club

Comment

I love white Deep V's. I'm getting red ones once I get some money.

Comment

I cant decide on paint...

Heres some ideas I came up with:

I FUCKING HATE MS PAINT.

Illustrator decided to shit a brick...

R.H.D
                    M-technic I club

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson View Post
                      Scabzzz, I didn't realize how much I hated the stock Windsor pedals until I put the new pedals/clips I just got on. HOLY FUCK. I feel so much more in control of pedalling now, my feet are farther forward, and held SO much better now. It feels like a new bike.

Dude, and flip that damn stem over.
                      My feet hurt from the stock pedals, in fact, I started regretting my purchase when I first put my feet in. Then after the MKS pedals happened, it was like sweet butter. I do recommend getting the double straps though. I went with single strap MKS's.

Andy - Thanks dude. Where can I buy a bike carrier for a bike to take it on a plane? Im thinking about coming up that way in the fall now. I would hit up Levents and then head your way.

Comment

Originally posted by scabzzzz View Post
                        My feet hurt from the stock pedals, in fact, I started regretting my purchase when I first put my feet in. Then after the MKS pedals happened, it was like sweet butter. I do recommend getting the double straps though. I went with single strap MKS's.
                        Exactly how I felt. And with my feet more planted and a little farther forward in the pedals, I was amazed at not only how much faster I was, but how much easier it was to ride. I had hardly any pain in my thighs right above my knees, and could just pedal easier and harder. I've just got some cheap SunLite plastic clips on there now, I'll upgrade to something better later.

Comment

Exactly how I felt. And with my feet more planted and a little farther forward in the pedals, I was amazed at not only how much faster I was, but how much easier it was to ride. I had hardly any pain in my thighs right above my knees, and could just pedal easier and harder. I've just got some cheap SunLite plastic clips on there now, I'll upgrade to something better later.
                          Just buy the cheap Wellgo flat pedals and piece together MKS parts for it like the steel cages (10 dollars) and single straps (10 dollars).
                          My local bike shop always has spare parts lying around in the back they sell to me. I've got like 30 bucks wrapped up into my pedal set. For srs.

Comment

I've got the Wellgo flats already.

Comment

I've got the Wellgo flats already.
                              Family owned operated since 1928, Ben's Cycle is the leading bicycle shop in Milwaukee, providing high-performance bikes, bike parts, bike accessories, bike apparel and bike gear online and in store.

Family owned operated since 1928, Ben's Cycle is the leading bicycle shop in Milwaukee, providing high-performance bikes, bike parts, bike accessories, bike apparel and bike gear online and in store.

On the cheap.

Comment

meh, for stuff like that i say go to your local bike shop. my buddies own/work at my lbs so they hook it up, things like installing my fixed cog, aligning the derailler on my geared bike, bottom bracket service, etc. is all free labor. try to buy whatever I can from them.
                                Originally posted by blunt
                                can you get me a deal on cases of their (fiji) bottled water? i wash my 02 in that shit

Comment

Working...
                                X