X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

omg SEX

Comment

Originally posted by Turf1600 View Post
      I remember when I was into dirt jumping I made fun of kids with VFRs. They were like $170 at bike stores. I had a pretty nice free agent though so I thought I was big ballin. I was like 12.
      I had a GT mach 1 back in the day. once i got my 86 325e i gave it away to some kid. man i was dumb!
      My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
        I had a GT mach 1 back in the day. once i got my 86 325e i gave it away to some kid. man i was dumb!
        Those were pretty bad ass iirc. Was it the aluminum frame with kinda square tubing?
        "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

Nice bike source. Love that stem...

Comment

taking a break

My current favorite bike, a Redline 29 monocog, with big discs. This thing hauls ass. It is a very fast bike, and takes very little getting used to. I try to ride it 4 miles a day, but at least a mile for a quick break if I'm busy.

I absolutely refuse to say "29er". Thats like saying "3er" instead of e30. I don't want to be one of those guys.
            Attached Files
            Here is my photo gallery answering common questions about Ground Control Suspension, and e30 suspension problems in general.
            Ground Control Gallery

The Ground Control facebook page: Dragged, kicking and screaming into social media to see what happens next.
            Ground Control facebook page

Comment

Here is a technical idea for the single speed guys who like to stop pedaling every once in a while to go through a creek, and may help out some fixie urbanites too.

I disassembled a Shimano 9 speed freewheel, and the sprockets are 3+3+3. With some machining, I was able to do this.

I had to go to a 9 speed chain, and incidentally I broke a regular one right away, so I had to buy an expensive chain.

When I am going somewhere that is a lot of climbs, I just put the chain on the top or middle with a 15 mm wrench (a 29 with a strong guy cannot use a QR axle, in fact the tensioners are mandatory) before I leave. There is no derailleur. This works especially well if you are going so fast on the downhills that you don't pedal anyway. I usually carry a cut down 15mm wrench that would still freak out a roadie gram-hater.

The sprockets are 17-18-19, and the disc brake can handle the front to rear misalignment because the caliper is directly above.

99% of the time I have it on the 17 anyway, but this is a neat option for a Single Speed bike that goes different places.

Jay Morris
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Hellabad; 09-11-2008, 10:15 AM.
              Here is my photo gallery answering common questions about Ground Control Suspension, and e30 suspension problems in general.
              Ground Control Gallery

The Ground Control facebook page: Dragged, kicking and screaming into social media to see what happens next.
              Ground Control facebook page

Comment

my friend Ben from school has that redline, I love fucking around on it. it's so easy... unless it's 2 am and we're leaving the bar. that thing is badass in an urban environment such as Philly. he can run over people on that son of a bitch
                1989 Bronzit 325ia- Sold
                1986 Diamondschwarz Grey Market 325i Sport Mtech 1- Parted out
                1988 Delphin 327i- Sold
                1995 Cosmos M3- Current

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
                  I have a '96 GT interceptor (a step below the mach 1) and a '95 or '96 GT Vertigo rotting away in the basement of my parents house. The interceptor is complete, the Vertigo is just a frame and fork right now but I still have all the original parts.
                  1989 Bronzit 325ia- Sold
                  1986 Diamondschwarz Grey Market 325i Sport Mtech 1- Parted out
                  1988 Delphin 327i- Sold
                  1995 Cosmos M3- Current

Comment

I've got some new Soma track bars (the real deal ones, 1935 replicas) and a nitto njs pearl stem for sale or trade. I'm looking for tires for my fixed gear ideally, but I would also be interested in a carbon fork, or campy components for my geared bike (bianchi reparto corse, it was full campy but it got stripped and shimano 600 & ultegra stuff is on there now, I'd like to get it back to campy)

$35 for the bars, $50 for the stem (stem sells for ~65). both were mounted and on there for a few days, never really used.

Originally posted by blunt
                    can you get me a deal on cases of their (fiji) bottled water? i wash my 02 in that shit

Comment

lol i have a custom 2002ish Standard trls250... too bad i dont ride bmx any more...

All this fixie talk is getting me thinking about buyin one... Anybody in ct have one i can try out?
                      Last edited by So Live; 09-11-2008, 10:51 AM.
                      -Chris

Comment

chris buy one.

then we can have an e30 m50 top mount turbo fixed gear new sweden bbq

600hp beast

Comment

I don't really know shit about bikes but this is a cool thread and it makes me want to scoop one up!
                          1990 Islandgrun 535iM Sedan
                          Euro lights + trim | Eibach/Bilstein | BBS RC090 17x8 | EAT Chip | Port + Polish | IE 284 Cam | Built valvetrain

Comment

very nice

just got myself a joeblow floor pump. it's about damn time
                            Originally posted by blunt
                            can you get me a deal on cases of their (fiji) bottled water? i wash my 02 in that shit

Comment

Semi-whorein'

w/ uro-e30 Luv

Comment

Can someone explain what exactly you guys are changing on the gearing? I'm confused
                                1990 Islandgrun 535iM Sedan
                                Euro lights + trim | Eibach/Bilstein | BBS RC090 17x8 | EAT Chip | Port + Polish | IE 284 Cam | Built valvetrain

Comment

Working...
                                X