The R3V Bicycle Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AlpineE30M52 View Post
    So I just went on a ride through downtown Sarasota and apparently there's a Fixie scene here too... I want to start riding with them but I feel like an outcast.
    Don't worry, in about 3 months there will be a Fixie scene everywhere there is a bike shop...

Comment

hahaha, agreed. It seems like it's becoming such a huge trend I really had no idea the r3v crew would represent fixed gears this hard. It's amazing!

Andy
      1989 Bronzit 325ia- Sold
      1986 Diamondschwarz Grey Market 325i Sport Mtech 1- Parted out
      1988 Delphin 327i- Sold
      1995 Cosmos M3- Current

Comment

From what i am hearing, there is a large company that will be trying to cater to the urban fixed gear and single speed community in a big way in a few months

Comment

The guy at the bike shop I was at today said fixwed gear bikes are the new skateboard.

Comment

lol. truf. as a lifelong skateboarder, every skateboarder in my city is rocking a fixed gear
            Originally posted by blunt
            can you get me a deal on cases of their (fiji) bottled water? i wash my 02 in that shit

Comment

singlespeed bishes!

btw- I'm about to order one of these framesets in either white or baby blue with matching handlebars and Profile cranks.

Last edited by Mtriple; 08-01-2008, 09:27 PM.
              Originally posted by Simon S
              When a dream is a dream for too long - it becomes a fantasy..

Comment

Comment

Nice bikes bob! i used to skateboard since i was 5 years old, and i rode BMX since i was like 8 years old. I'm gonna be 23 in 14 days and I've been riding fixed for almost 2 years. I am just ecstatic that all you guys are into it!!

andy
                  1989 Bronzit 325ia- Sold
                  1988 Delphin 327i- Sold
                  1995 Cosmos M3- Current

Comment

I used to skate in junior high (was never really that good), and rode mountain bikes, then rode BMX in high school, I had a 20" Haro. Then I had a nice Gary Fisher mountain bike in college, rode that around everywhere. So I was always into bikes, I just fell out of it the last 5 or so years. I've had my fixie for a month now, and it's the most fun bike I've ever had, hands down. Just now got back from our crew's second night ride, about 10 or so miles altogether, and I had a blast every minute of it. I'm getting stronger and faster every time I ride, I love this damn bike. Best $300 I ever spent.

Comment

Originally posted by T3rd Ferguson View Post
                      Nice bikes bob! i used to skateboard since i was 5 years old, and i rode BMX since i was like 8 years old. I'm gonna be 23 in 14 days and I've been riding fixed for almost 2 years. I am just ecstatic that all you guys are into it!!

andy
                      Thanks man but I should mention that those are not mine. Those are some of my favorites from the SS forum over at mtbr.com I have a couple of mountain bikes including an old school Cannondale that I'm in the process of building into a SS. I'm going to take some of the Ringle components off of it and use them on the Texas Cruzer that I plan on ordering next week. I'll take some pics later.

Comment

Josh, i'm stoked youre into the scene. when i was a 5 years old my next door neighbors woke up to an old school H-street board on their front yard, and they gave it to me. I hopped right on without missing a beat, and I still skate to this day. But I have been riding brake-less BMX for almost 7 years so naturally fixed just grew one me. I love the bare bones- simple form that they provide me. skidding for 35 feet in front of the philly art museum for 35 feet is the best feeling in the world to me.

Andy
                        1989 Bronzit 325ia- Sold
                        1988 Delphin 327i- Sold
                        1995 Cosmos M3- Current

Comment

Here are some pics from yesterday. philly museum of art. my best friend since age 11 is kyle, the white windsor with all the tattoos. I have the black and green fixed and the green shirt.

full lock. doesnt look like it, but he's a little new yet....

full lock for about 35-40 feet in front of the museum. I need a new rear tire.

just cruisin.
                          1989 Bronzit 325ia- Sold
                          1988 Delphin 327i- Sold
                          1995 Cosmos M3- Current

Comment

I love these white windsors! I'm going to order one soon
                            My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

I love these white windsors! I'm going to order one soon
                              My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Yeah he changed out the bars right away, and the pedals for some MKS track pedals and clips. other than that, they are absolutely great bikes for the money.
                                1989 Bronzit 325ia- Sold
                                1988 Delphin 327i- Sold
                                1995 Cosmos M3- Current

Comment

Working...
                                X