Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scabzzzz View Post
    48/18 is what I ride.
    If you're looking to do tricks and stuff, thats what you want to run.

If you like just riding in town, 48/16 or 48/17 will be good. 48/19 will have a really fast cadence.

I'm kinda weighty, I'm more after staying on the ground and not bending a wheel. so 48/16 then, It's maybe 15-20% hilly where I ride, there and maybe some beach related riding.

scabzzzz, what do you think of those wheels?

Comment

What kind of Bicycle computers do you guys use? I am currently using a GPS mounted to my handle bars to track my riding but it's not as accurate/instantaneous as I would like it to be.
      -Erik
      '16 Focus 2.0L - '99 Protegé DX 1.6L POS (Sold) - '87 4runner 22R-E (Sold) - '86 Schwarz S50 (Sold) - '02 WRX Wagon (sold) - '07 Impreza 2.5i (sold) - '91 Alpine M52 (Sold) - '89 Alpine 325is (Sold)

Originally posted by 87e30
      I just want to dance with some beezies

Comment

Originally posted by AlpineE30M52 View Post
        What kind of Bicycle computers do you guys use? I am currently using a GPS mounted to my handle bars to track my riding but it's not as accurate/instantaneous as I would like it to be.
        Got a Cateye Micro Wireless.

CatEye has a full range of battery or rechargeable headlights, safety lights, and computers.

Pretty nice, if you don't need cadence.
        James Peacock

WWFSMD?

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
          I'm kinda weighty, I'm more after staying on the ground and not bending a wheel. so 48/16 then, It's maybe 15-20% hilly where I ride, there and maybe some beach related riding.

scabzzzz, what do you think of those wheels?
          Those wheels look cool. I dont think your weight is really going to matter a long on that lace. I wouldnt recommend a radial lace or anything, but 2 or 3 cross will be nice and sturdy. Make sure the wheels are true and straight and your tires keep more than 80psi in them at all riding times.

And the color scheme sounds cool! I would do some clear grips on that Fuji frame.. would look sick that color scheme. Plus colored grips get dirty instantly. I cant stand dirty.
          I dont know how your weight would effect your driveline ratio.. or what you should get. 48/16 wont be too bad, I know people who commute that.

Comment

Originally posted by scabzzzz View Post
            And the color scheme sounds cool! I would do some clear grips on that Fuji frame.. would look sick that color scheme. Plus colored grips get dirty instantly. I cant stand dirty.
            Same here, that's why I did the Fizik bar tape. Hardly anything gets on it, and if it does, it wipes right off.

For not really even being squishy, that stuff is really comfortable.

Comment

Clear grips... Check. Any suggestions?

Side note. I just got back from a polish shoping trip. Got a 3" grinder w/ wheels to shine some of the ols stuff up.

Comment

Originally posted by m42technic View Post
                Got a Cateye Micro Wireless.

CatEye has a full range of battery or rechargeable headlights, safety lights, and computers.

Pretty nice, if you don't need cadence.
                that's looks like a great computer! I don't think I need a wireless one though. I am also looking at ones with cadance and I think I'm going to get the Cateye Astrale 8. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
                -Erik
                '16 Focus 2.0L - '99 Protegé DX 1.6L POS (Sold) - '87 4runner 22R-E (Sold) - '86 Schwarz S50 (Sold) - '02 WRX Wagon (sold) - '07 Impreza 2.5i (sold) - '91 Alpine M52 (Sold) - '89 Alpine 325is (Sold)

Comment

Ok, shit. This bike is flat-out GORGEOUS.

The yellow compliments the color of the frame perfectly, and the alternating colors of the front rim/tire are really cool.

Comment

^sweet bike, do you know what kind of frame that is?
                    tasty

Comment

So, stupid question, but what term do I search under for the sack protector padding wrap?

Comment

Originally posted by s0urce View Post
                        ^sweet bike, do you know what kind of frame that is?
                        Raleigh Rush Hour. I think if it had the same wheel/tire combo in the rear, and bullhorns with yellow tape, it would be nothing short of perfect.

Comment

So, stupid question, but what term do I search under for the sack protector padding wrap?
                          LOL!

Hopefully I'll have my bike done in a few weeks here. Its going to be... different.
                          Hemingway said it best. “There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.”

Help a brother out, buy your detailing products here...

Comment

WEOAH!! Check out this section of Wikipedia!

I would go with Top Tube Pad.

Last edited by Erik; 08-01-2008, 04:06 PM.
                            -Erik

Comment

So I just went on a ride through downtown Sarasota and apparently there's a Fixie scene here too... I want to start riding with them but I feel like an outcast.
                              -Erik

Comment

Dude, a lot of times they look at you like an outcast, but having the right attitude and self confidence, they will take you under their wing. Ask you try one of their bikes out! what is the worst they can say? and if you like it, you can convert an old one or buy one off the weebz cheap!

Im gonna post up a few pics from the past few days either later tonight or tomorrow! My Best friend and I went riding at the philly museum of art.

Andy
                                1989 Bronzit 325ia- Sold
                                1986 Diamondschwarz Grey Market 325i Sport Mtech 1- Parted out
                                1988 Delphin 327i- Sold
                                1995 Cosmos M3- Current

Comment

Working...
                                X