No announcement yet.

The R3V Bicycle Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

should only cost around 50-75 to get it powdercoated, and you'll learn how to break down your bike and such

m42brigade

r3v Photo Crew: Founding Member

Originally posted by Eurospeed
    Guys like him are the reason I love it when people do things to their cars that are different. It just like anytime Karlo posts a thread with pics of his car, I love watching all the elitist pricks on this site shit their pants when they see an E30 that doesn't fit their standards.

Comment

Originally posted by Gr00v3 View Post
      honestly dude, i think the mercier kilo tt is a nicer bike than the hour. if i had to choose, i would probably go with the mercier or the motobecane messenger. i've seen hours up close, and they don't really appeal to me. no offense to josh or anybody else who has one, apples and oranges i guess
      Why? I mean, I ripped half the shit off my '07 frame when I got it. But seriously, I've seen plenty of the other BikesDirect bike setups and there's really no huge difference in terms of specs.

Comment

Get the Kilo TT instead of the Windsor.
        tasty

Comment

Originally posted by s0urce View Post
          Get the Kilo TT instead of the Windsor.
          Why? aside from the super wide handle bars and shitty pedals (which you would need to buy anyway if you buy the kilo IIRC) the windsor is a nice bike. Besides, the frame is actually made by Fuji. It's IDENTICAL to the "Fuji Track" just with a different name. I don't necessarily agree with your guys' logic.
          1989 Bronzit 325ia- Sold
          1986 Diamondschwarz Grey Market 325i Sport Mtech 1- Parted out
          1988 Delphin 327i- Sold
          1995 Cosmos M3- Current

Comment

in the end, it's your choice. i'm sorry for projecting my opinion, i'm just saying, based on firsthand experiences, and measuring both bikes up next to each other up close and personal, the kilo looks like a much nicer bike in these aspects:

nicer finish
            looks more complete
            more aggressive geometry
            and overall just has that "bling" factor over the windsor.

maybe i'm being biased, which i have no reason to do so, but the kilo looks a bit more slick right next to each other.

i guess in the end, it's like choosing between a corolla and a civic, they're both great cheap little cars, but its what appeals to you more as the deciding factor

m42brigade

r3v Photo Crew: Founding Member

Originally posted by Eurospeed
            Guys like him are the reason I love it when people do things to their cars that are different. It just like anytime Karlo posts a thread with pics of his car, I love watching all the elitist pricks on this site shit their pants when they see an E30 that doesn't fit their standards.

Comment

Originally posted by Gr00v3 View Post

nicer finish
              looks more complete
              more aggressive geometry
              and overall just has that "bling" factor over the windsor.
              Bling factor is cool until you hit your first bus. I be shreddin' a dirty old city, man. No palm trees here.

Comment

The picture of that windsor is an old model (~07), they have nicer cranksets, stems (threadless), headsets and seats on them now.
                1989 Bronzit 325ia- Sold
                1986 Diamondschwarz Grey Market 325i Sport Mtech 1- Parted out
                1988 Delphin 327i- Sold
                1995 Cosmos M3- Current

Comment

learned leg over skids today while i was "working" w00t!
                  Originally posted by Dozyproductions
                  You know why you're drinking that Pabst? No its probably not because it was the first beer you grabbed. It's because you're a winner.

Comment

Originally posted by T3rd Ferguson View Post
                    The picture of that windsor is an old model (~07), they have nicer cranksets, stems (threadless), headsets and seats on them now.
                    True. They have FSA Vero cranks, threadless headsets and nicer stems. The pedals and clips are shit, as are the stock tires. The drops are shit, but you can flip/cut, and they make decent bullhorns. I added a front brake from used parts for $30, and did new Fizik bar tape for $18. I'm also getting a 17t Surly cog pretty soon for a slightly easier gear ratio.

Comment

Originally posted by T3rd Ferguson View Post
                      Why? aside from the super wide handle bars and shitty pedals (which you would need to buy anyway if you buy the kilo IIRC) the windsor is a nice bike. Besides, the frame is actually made by Fuji. It's IDENTICAL to the "Fuji Track" just with a different name. I don't necessarily agree with your guys' logic.
                      Well the fork for one. The fork is flat-crowned, not uni-crown, which I think justifies the $50 extra. Also, it's got a tighter track GEO.

As said before, they're both good bikes with shitty components. If I was going to drop the cash, I would build up a Kilo. That's just me though.
                      Last edited by s0urce; 09-14-2008, 12:48 AM.
                      tasty

Comment

A side note on my headset install, the long threaded bolt with 6 washers worked perfectly. Also, I found out from a guy at my LBS that the generic tub of lithium based grease is the best lubricant to use on bikes and you don't get charged out the ass for a tiny tube of it like you would at a bike store.
                        tasty

Comment

finally had the bike, the weather, and the time off.. 35 miles. shit. Trying to work up to a 65 mile ride in 2 weeks.. hope I won't need my legs for at least 4 days after that. And all you fixie guys make me wish I had one, but there's not exactly a "scene" here in lovely Corpus Christi, TX
                          sigpic89 M3

Comment

finished up powdercoating another frame today for bryan at b revs.

i'm racking my brain to try and remember what frame this is.. its something new. had like a beer mug as a logo? crap (just remembered... SE Lager)

we had been talking for a while about doing a raw frame in just clear powder.. it turned out pretty awesome.

the frame was stripped and then glass beaded to give a matte finish and then coated with a gloss clear

kinda looks silverish / nickle plated, plus had the accents from the brazing of the lugs

600hp beast

Comment

sickness. very understated.

Comment

Most of you fixie guys probably couldn't give two shits about my bike but I enjoy it. I don't have any long rides on it yet, so consequentially not many miles either but I'm working up. My front derailleur is being a little bitch though and won't shift right so I'm probably going to go bother my neighbors to help me out.

I posted a little while ago the specs page from Cannondale, but just again its an 08 Synapse SL-3 Compact. Without the lights (that wouldn't be on it anyway during the day), bag, water bottle or computer, my bathroom scale says its 17 pounds, its a size 56 frame. Shimano Ultegra bits but a DuraAce rear derailleur.

Comment

Working...
                                X