The R3V Bicycle Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dont come in and shit on us. Please?
    Last edited by scabzzzz; 11-17-2008, 09:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by scabzzzz View Post
      Dont come in and shit on us. Please?
      I apologise Scabbbbbbbzzzzzz. I was in a weird place earlier. I like the style of bikes, the customizing intrigues me. It reminds me alot of our cars and v-dubs... most of theses bikes are actually worth more than my car!;)
      Yours truly,
      Rich
      sigpic
      Originally posted by Rigmaster
      you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

Originally posted by delatlanta1281 View Post
        This of course does not apply to all of you. Just the guys with muffin tops in girls jeans, one pant leg rolled up, a painters cap, and a messenger bag full of instuctions on how not to get laid.
        My contribution.
        Sorry - I LOL'd at this bigtime.

However, whats it have to do with skateboarding?
        Last edited by Turf1600; 11-17-2008, 11:10 AM.
        "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

Sorry guys, but I cant help but be reminded of something. Alot of you sound like skateboarders and BMX riders. Not making fun, but stoplight dancing? Really? This fixie trend (at least in Atlanta) reminds me of the extreme roller blading trend. I watched a group of guys outside a bar at 2am drooling over this one guys bike. He then tried to ride home and fell over onto the hood of a parked car. I called him a cab, we put his uber expensive bike in the bar (no helmet or light) and sent him on his way.
          This of course does not apply to all of you. Just the guys with muffin tops in girls jeans, one pant leg rolled up, a painters cap, and a messenger bag full of instuctions on how not to get laid.
          My contribution.
          I roll my pant leg up.
          -Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Turf1600 View Post
            Sorry - I LOL'd at this bigtime.

However, whats it have to do with skateboarding?
            That part has absolutely nothing to do with skateboarding.
            So Live, if you like to roll your pant leg up then cool.
            Yours truly,
            Rich
            sigpic

Comment

I apologise Scabbbbbbbzzzzzz. I was in a weird place earlier. I like the style of bikes, the customizing intrigues me. It reminds me alot of our cars and v-dubs... most of theses bikes are actually worth more than my car!;)
              It is a lot like skateboarding as far as the culture, and its path to intertwine into mainstream society. But I feel you. You cant judge an entire culture based off 1 dude you saw in your city.

And yeah dude, these bikes are serious bidness. Its pretty easy to build a 3k dollar track bike.

Comment

Originally posted by scabzzzz View Post
                It is a lot like skateboarding as far as the culture, and its path to intertwine into mainstream society. But I feel you. You cant judge an entire culture based off 1 dude you saw in your city.

And yeah dude, these bikes are serious bidness. Its pretty easy to build a 3k dollar track bike.
                I like the track aspect, it seems "core" to me. I agree with the one bad apple thing, it seems like skateboarding @ 1999 to me, real popular, with a good core, but everyone wants to be an intricate part of it.
                Yours truly,
                Rich
                sigpic

Comment

I like the track aspect, it seems "core" to me. I agree with the one bad apple thing, it seems like skateboarding @ 1999 to me, real popular, with a good core, but everyone wants to be an intricate part of it.
                  I still can't stay off of a skateboard. I've been at it since 1996.

I'm too old and not hip enough for the fixie scene. I just enjoy riding.
                  "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

I would consider riding to stay in shape. But I would get a geared road bike or a mountain bike to do it.
                    Yours truly,
                    Rich
                    sigpic

Comment

So basically http://f1x3d.com/ is ready to go.

At this point everything is setup from a technical standpoint. Right now me and Kevin are going to start the content crunch. I'm looking to get the boards filled up with all the technical know-how I can through this next week. I'm going to be posting several DIY articles as well as a complete "how to build a track bike" thread.

I'm looking for anyone and everyone from r3v to help contribute. Of course r3v members are the first in line for mod access. I know we've got Andy and scabz helping out from the start.

Check it out! Let's get some bike pr0n on here.
                      tasty

Comment

Originally posted by s0urce View Post
                        So basically http://f1x3d.com/ is ready to go.

At this point everything is setup from a technical standpoint. Right now me and Kevin are going to start the content crunch. I'm looking to get the boards filled up with all the technical know-how I can through this next week. I'm going to be posting several DIY articles as well as a complete "how to build a track bike" thread.

I'm looking for anyone and everyone from r3v to help contribute. Of course r3v members are the first in line for mod access. I know we've got Andy and scabz helping out from the start.

Check it out! Let's get some bike pr0n on here.
                        Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

Comment

Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.
                          Thanks dude! Definitely register and contribute! We're definitely going to need mods in the near future when we start getting some traffic.
                          tasty

Comment

Originally posted by s0urce View Post
                            Thanks dude! Definitely register and contribute! We're definitely going to need mods in the near future when we start getting some traffic.
                            If we had a flier or stickers i could hand them out at critical mass next week.

Comment

That part has absolutely nothing to do with skateboarding.
                              So Live, if you like to roll your pant leg up then cool.
                              I lol'ed at this part.
                              -Chris

Comment

If we had a flier or stickers i could hand them out at critical mass next week.

oooo consider it done! our logo is tits mc gee thanks to chris... We'll make something happen for sure. f1x3d for life!

Comment

Working...
                                X