Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dad!...come down!! Dad?

Comment

They pedaled up Going to the Sun highway in Glacier Park, skied around at the pass above the still buried visitor center, rode back down in a hailstorm. Adventure. Highway is cleared from the west side of the pass, but not open to cars yet. Lot of people up there they said, and a lot of people on electric assist bikes, which is new. But a lot of older people were up on top of this mountain, people who wouldn't normally get to see something like this.
      Last edited by LateFan; 06-23-2020, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LateFan View Post
        They pedaled up Going to the Sun highway in Glacier Park, skied around at the pass above the still buried visitor center, rode back down in a hailstorm. Adventure. Highway is cleared from the west side of the pass, but not open to cars yet. Lot of people up there they said, and a lot of people on electric assist bikes, which is new. But a lot of older people were up on top of this mountain, people who wouldn't normally get to see something like this.
        Awesome pics. I love the background. Any info about the bikes?

Comment

Lessee....he used his LeMond Poprad cross bike because it has discs and fatter tires for coming back down. She has an older (not as old as his!) alum Raleigh with some decent parts on it.

They're likely to open the whole pass in a couple of weeks, so they wanted to get up there while it's still just bikes and peds on the road. When I've done this, there were quite a few rocks on the road from spring runoff and plowing, and blind corners, and water pouring across the road, and drainage grates, so you can't just go blasting down. Besides, it's really chilly!

Comment

Accidentally rode of this wood rollin completely to flat. Snapped my titanium coil in 3 pieces.

Untitled by Nick Smith, on Flickr
            91 318is M50 swapped
            05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=302524

Comment

I'm just glad it's the bike's titanium coil instead of your not titanium coils.

I grew up skiing at Winter Park, Loveland, and mostly A-Basin.

Comment

Originally posted by calster View Post

Awesome pics. I love the background. Any info about the bikes?
                That bike was here this weekend - I took a closer look....
                Raleigh Team, about 2003(?), all Campy Record, Columbus alum tubing, Carve carbon fork and rear seat stays. Pretty decent CL bike for $300!

Comment

"What's the geometry on that?"

Click image for larger version  Name:	wooden bike.jpg Views:	0 Size:	66.9 KB ID:	9938366

Comment

As bikes are very hard to buy new right now, about a 6+ month wait, while I wait for my 2021 Santa Cruz Hightower C S build in grey, picked up this used:
                    Santa Cruz Nomad v4 Carbon X01 Build. Fox 36 Performance Elite Grip 2, Rockshox Super Deluxe Ultimate, Code R Brakes, Reverb Stealth C1 dropper and Carbon Reserve wheels. Got it for a song, frame is brand new replaced under warranty. Plan is to swap the Code Rs and RS SDU over to the new bike once it comes. Too bad I can't swap over the reserves.... I may end up liking this more, but as a 6' 3" guy, I prefer 29ers, especially for California chunk. I was and still am torn between my backordered Hightower and the Megatower.

Update the Hightower V2 C S came in!

Last edited by R3Z3N; 08-08-2020, 12:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X