The 'favorite beer' thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just had the Stone IPA "Cali-Belgique"

I'm going to go ahead and say that Stone Brewery is the best brewer in America. Damn they know whats up over there. The Cali-Belgique one time brew i just had was amazing, just like the normal IPA. This Cali-Belgique was a bit sweeter with more citrus. it is made with Belgian yeast which really produces a sweet taste, but with the California hop balance. the head lasted for a few minutes and laced constantly while sipping from a glass mug. Good carbonation for a 6.9% ABV (Giggidy). After tasting Stone's brews, nothing compares. The complexity is unmatched. I'm glad I started working at a liquor store for discounts.

Comment

Im a lager kinda guy.

Comment

Just now tried this. Pretty good, very easy to drink too because of the huge drinking hole up top lol

2007 Range Rover Sport S/C

Comment

I'm getting my third homebrew ready to put into the fridge. Excited. Used a local honey as the catalyst. Still can't sway from unibroue though. Just had one of their bigger bottles-- terrible. It was a dark stout, and very tasty.
          Unibroue, brasserie québécoise basée à Chambly dont les produits renommés mondialement délectent les amateurs de bière depuis 1992.

(its name is "terrible")

as far as the cider taste of them, you can really taste it in ephemere and blanche. la fin du monde has a decent hint, but don de dieu is my favorite.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan... View Post
            Just now tried this. Pretty good, very easy to drink too because of the huge drinking hole up top lol

Great lager. I just wish I didn't have to pay import prices here in NJ for it, being that its generally the only good beer restaurants will have on tap in my county. Its either that or Sam Adam's seasonal, and SA Summer Ale gets old quick. I got the ShinerFfamily Reunion 6 pack a while back and the bohemian black lager is good. Hefeweizen was sub par, blonde ale was refreshing but lacking flavor. Ryes and shine was different and the Kosmos (limited run brew) was pretty complex. O and I had their summer Ruby Red but I'm almost certain the bottle was a past it's prime so I wont comment. I do like Shiner.

Also: I really want to start homebrewing. Are kits the way to go, and which ones do y'all recommend?

Comment

Found this website interesting:
              sigpic

Comment

Can never go wrong with any Stone. Just started getting Green Flash around here. Very good IPA's. Had a Westbrook White Thai for the first time tonight. Very good summer ale. A witbeir with an asian twist:

The Westbrook IPA is delicious as well:

It taste like fresh hops. It's hard to describe but it tastes green. :D

Comment

Originally posted by herbivor View Post
                  Found this website interesting:
                  http://beeradvocate.com/lists/popular
                  All of the liquor stores around here actually have beer advocate ratings posted on a majority of beers, which helps a lot when deciding on a new one to try.

Comment

Fuck it. I started a blog for reviews of craft beers. It's mainly for facebook friends of w/e but if anyone wants to sub or check it occasionally, I'll be posting reviews Mondays and thursdays.

I tried Flying Dog's Belglian IPA offering Today "Raging Bitch". True to its marketing, its loaded with Hops. Poured into a stein. Massive head, which dissipated in 2 minutes leaving thin lace.
                    First sip is loaded with hop taste. After covering my tongue it recedes into a sweeter taste with some apple hints, pineapple, and grapefruit (though light on grapefruit) The swallow is spicy which leaves an aftertaste of warm alcohol hints and cloves.

The Belgian yeast strains never really make an announced entrance, though. Decent beer, though it lacks balance in the aftertaste. medium complexity. I expected more.

Edit: Almost forgot. It tastes better (for me at least) warmer. About 55Degrees and it was more enjoyable.

7.5/10

Comment

i just had some newcastle for the first time, it was eh.
                      now im trying some Leinenkugels "summershanty" lemonade beer, tastes great!

but i really enjoy blue moon summer honey wheat, great brew.

but i've only had 6 or 7different types of beer, any suggestions from the beer drinking veterans?

Comment

@dermeister link me to blog?

Comment

Originally posted by Pantless Spency View Post
                          i just had some newcastle for the first time, it was eh.
                          now im trying some Leinenkugels "summershanty" lemonade beer, tastes great!

but i really enjoy blue moon summer honey wheat, great brew.

but i've only had 6 or 7different types of beer, any suggestions from the beer drinking veterans?
                          Just keep trying different styles until you find flavor profiles that you like, then you can work from there. If you like wheat beers look towards some German witbiers or Belgian saisons. http://beeradvocate.com/ check this site out for styles and flavor descriptions.

My beer pictures. Some random beers I've had that have been awesome

And my favorite local brew

and BMW content

Last edited by davey101; 08-19-2012, 09:44 PM.

Comment

Beer taste's like shit! Or maybe it's me that i'm not a man yet haha.
                            But some Daniel's my friends is the shizz ;D
                            IG: @_j.wn

Comment

Originally posted by illest318i View Post
                              Beer taste's like shit! Or maybe it's me that i'm not a man yet haha.
                              But some Daniel's my friends is the shizz ;D
                              Nice!

Comment

Bud Light - Platinum

Project log -- DIRTY 30

2.7i * Megasquirt tuned * E85 powered

Comment

Working...
                                X