No announcement yet.

That'll teach those flag-peddlers...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my cats sleep next to my pass aleph 30, its pretty funny.

Comment

I used to work for a mid to high end home audio shop back in college selling and installing systems. The McIntosh dual 12's was a very nice sub and at the time Jurrasic Park was all the rage for home theater (should give you an idea of the era ;)) loved how that could shake a room! In the 5 or so years I was there, we only sold 2 complete McIntosh theater systems.. not a fast mover.

For receivers we carried Denon, Rotel, Yamaha, Sony ES and McIntosh in stock and out of those, you can't beat Yamaha value for the money. Still running mine after all these years with zero issues. Time to get a new one though for 7.1 and more HDMI/DVI imputs :D

I've never been a fan of the huge "wall o speakers" that seems to be prevalent with Polk fans. I prefer simple B&W or Energy/Mirage speaker setups.
      Chris
      90 Corrado/91 M3/01 M5

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson View Post

Oh my holy orgasmic god.
        Originally posted by Teaguer
        Filling an Eta's tank with super unleaded will reach the cars maximum attainable performance level .

Aa a bonus filling the tank will also double any Eta's resale value .

Comment

Originally posted by LINUS View Post
          If a M3 was 35,000 back then, and a new one is 60,000 - then you spent like 3000 bucks, and I bet half of that was for "them new fangled little silver LP" player.

At the time, the Denon changer was the only one that would play a disc when the disc drawer was open.

Cramer - my Polk RTA8's are tiny. They have an 8 inch woofer, an 8 inch passive radiator, and a single tweeter per box. They're approx. 36 inches tall by ten inches wide.
          McCain's military draft: Are you willing to bet your life?

Comment

We aren't a dealer for McIntosh, it's too much of a niche product, but we can get it. We do have several clients who own McIntosh components and speakers, though.

We have one client who owns a pair of 7' tall McIntosh XR290 speaker enclosures that come in at just over $25k for the pair. Each one has woofers, 13 midranges and 24 tweeters per enclosure. Each one runs off of it's own 1000w McIntosh amp, and each amp has to run off of it's own dedicated circuit, or they'll pop the breakers in the panel.

This is what the speakers look like:

Line array , need ROOM lol
            Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

mc1201 amps ftmfw. 200amps oh yes.

SILBER COMBAT UNIT DELTA (M-Technic Marshal)
              RTFM:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=56950

Comment

Originally posted by Jean View Post
                Line array , need ROOM lol

Haha - that guy made the same mistake I did.

Just because the BIGGEST speaker in the showroom is the coolest, that doesn't mean it will be the best sounding in the room you put it in. Resist the urge for overkill, and you get better sound.

However, mine are hardly as overkill as those. Not even 1/3 as much.

It's not how you handle the good times, but the faith you keep in the bad that defines you.

Comment

Originally posted by Lair View Post
                  At the time, the Denon changer was the only one that would play a disc when the disc drawer was open.

Cramer - my Polk RTA8's are tiny. They have an 8 inch woofer, an 8 inch passive radiator, and a single tweeter per box. They're approx. 36 inches tall by ten inches wide.
                  I wouldn't call 3' tall speakers tiny ;) But yes, Mr. Polk does make reasonably sized speakers, he just likes to showcase the HUGE ones!
                  Chris
                  90 Corrado/91 M3/01 M5

Comment

Originally posted by redbull 325is View Post
                    Hot!
                    I run this puppy:
                    It has a weird low laying distortion which changes when you play with the volume knob. The volume knob also works half assed (as of 2-3 years now) anyone have an idea how to fix this?

Julien
                    If the distortion is there all the time and it is always relative to volume level there may be a bad ground in the potentiometer (the component behind the knob). I doubt that though. I've noticed that if you leave an amp on for periods of time without and output it can develop noise like that. I think it just happen as they age.

As for the knob not working well, you can either clean or replace that potentiometer. And cleaning may or may not help.

Comment

pure awesome. Bible-thumpers beware!
                      Jay

Comment

hooray! i love noise...

running a rotel integrated amp through some platinum audio bookshelves and a cheap modified sony 12" sub. for what ive paid, its amazing.

Comment

christ on a bike.
                          past:
                          1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                          1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                          1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                          1985 323i baur
                          current:
                          1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Originally posted by dk View Post
                            christ on a bike.
                            this is where the phrase "speakers so loud they blow womens clothes off" comes from, isn't it?

Comment

my best setup was two 12s w/ combos and crossovers in 3cuft cabs, another box with two tens, and a decent set of mid/highs. it was ghetto, but it wasn't really a "home" setup, and it suited its intended purpose (durable w/ quick loadin/out from a vw hatchback).

i could still summon the police with it at will when i had it at my house.

i can't imagine how much air the hardware in that pic can move.
                              past:
                              1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                              1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                              1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                              1985 323i baur
                              current:
                              1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

These stories re-affirm my love of audio. Yeah its 0 Dbvf that is zero.

Mariano

2001 Titaniumsilber 540i Sport 6-Speed
                                1990 Diamantschwarz Alpha-N 2.5L ///M3
                                1986 Alpinweiss 325e M50B25 (R.I.P.)

-Talk to me when more sound comes from the induction than from the exhaust...

-Argentina........lo mas grande que hay.

Comment

Working...
                                X