Best beginner camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

canon 800is
    price is down to 240 now but dont let that fool you. i have one and bought two more as gifts. they have taken the best pictures from a small pocket camera ive seen. optics are great, ergonamics are good and its a canon... just plain great.

i'm looking into getting the G9 now. was going to get the G7 but they snuck the G9 under my nose, how can i resist?

Comment

Originally posted by Zya8187 View Post
      he said $300-350 not $600+
      Used rebel xt kits go for $350-400...

Comment

I love my fuji s5200

plenty of features (both manual and auto) and very good video mode too. Picked it up on Amazon for low-mid 200's shipped

then picked up the fisheye/macro lens for 25 on ebay and love it!!!

My brother after a bunch of turkey lol

Macro Mode

With Macro Lens from Ebay

Comment

Originally posted by parkerbink View Post
          I just got a Canon Powershot G9. It is a point and shoot that is also able to be fully manual. I got it on Ebay for 420.00 delivered and I highly recommend it.
          +1. I think it can even shoot in RAW mode (?)

Comment

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
            +1. I think it can even shoot in RAW mode (?)
            Yes but what they don't say in the lit (buried in the manual it is) raw only in full manual.

I still love it. I also figured out last night if it is in sports mode you can take pictures until the card is full or the battery dies. I did it for almost three minutes, it took a picture every second until my hand got tired of holding the button down. Pretty cool

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Originally posted by sumyungguy View Post
              Used rebel xt kits go for $350-400...
              where ?

Comment

I would not recommend getting a camera used since the internals are so delicate. If you are trying to get into photography the digital rebel xt is a great camera for an entry level photography. Very easy to use and has plenty of room for learning curve. If you are not in desperately in need of a camera I would wait until you can afford one that suits your needs. It looks like you are looking for something with more options then a point and shoot. To bad you didn't go out shopping on black Friday they had some great deals.

Just my

Comment

Here are some used Digital Rebel Xt 8mp
                  Used digital Rebel Xt's

The price is coming down on the Body(a camera without a lens) since they came out with the 10mp Rebel recently.

Comment

I've been doing alot of reading on cameras, I am looking for something that can fit in my pocket, and I found dpreview.com to be incredibly helpful, you should really take a look at that site if you haven't already.
                    Reminiscing...

Comment

dpreview.com is an excellent resource

Originally posted by Zya8187 View Post
                      where ?
                      Create a login on photography-on-the.net (Canon forum), the classifieds section there is constantly moving. The Rebel XT also goes by 350d and a Digital Rebel is a 300d.

I always recommend that people try to hold a camera in their hands so you can get a feel for where the buttons are and well it "fits". I have bigger hands so the rebels are uncomfortable for me, I also don't like Nikon ergonomics and ISO performance (how sensitive to light the image sensor is, ie image quality in low light). If you have a little more in your budget I recommend a used Canon 20d, larger camera, well built (magnesium body), high shutter rate (5 frames per second), and good ISO performance.

Comment

The only DSLR that I found in my price range is a Pentax K110D. Has anyone used one of them or heard anything about them? The Rebel XT looks good, but it is just out of my price range and I don't really want to buy a used one.
                        Byron
                        Leichtbau

Comment

Working...
                        X