I think it's high time tasering be reviewed.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • DarkWing6
    replied
    Do you think driving habits would change if there were no cops to enforce the law?

    Leave a comment:


  • nando
    replied
    Originally posted by DarkWing6
    What would happen if no cops ever wrote tickets?

    the state would lose out on billions of dollars in revenue....

    don't think speeding tickets have any other purpose.

    Leave a comment:


  • DarkWing6
    replied
    Originally posted by Jordan
    Its based on personal experience, none of which is influenced by driving violations because I don't have any. Cops have proved to me time and time again how they are a waste of space with precious few examples of usefulness.
    You're pissed because a couple hundred bucks worth of stuff that got stolen from you is not worth their time?


    Originally posted by Axxe
    I hate to say this, but I agree with Jordan on this matter. When one of our trucks gets stolen, the cops just don't give a flying fuck about a 120k + piece of machinery. But when it's booking someone for going 10 over, they are all over it like white on rice. I have never seen police do anything positive.

    And what do you expect them to do? There are different officers for different things. Some are hired to police traffic. Ya, they give tickets for 10 over and that is the law. What would happen if no cops ever wrote tickets?

    Leave a comment:


  • Axxe
    replied
    I hate to say this, but I agree with Jordan on this matter. When one of our trucks gets stolen, the cops just don't give a flying fuck about a 120k + piece of machinery. But when it's booking someone for going 10 over, they are all over it like white on rice. I have never seen police do anything positive.

    Leave a comment:


  • nando
    replied
    I would have just signed the ticket - especially if I know I'm not guilty, they're pretty easy to get out of if you contest the ticket in court.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jordan
    replied
    Its based on personal experience, none of which is influenced by driving violations because I don't have any. Cops have proved to me time and time again how they are a waste of space with precious few examples of usefulness.

    Leave a comment:


  • DarkWing6
    replied
    Originally posted by Jordan
    No doubt, they ought to throw every one of them in front of a speeding semi before they allow them to become a cop too. Cops are a waste of human skin and they have proved this to me time and time again when my personal property is stolen or vandalized and they couldn't give a flying fuck.
    That is the most ignorant thing I have ever heard you say.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jordan
    replied
    Anyone got any of those videos where the cop gets nailed by a passing motorist?

    Leave a comment:


  • Axxe
    replied
    It all could of been avoided if the fucking cop actually had a case for speeding and told him how fast he was going.....

    Leave a comment:


  • BimmerBall
    replied
    horrific audio, wasn't able to hear much of what was said. however, here are my observations.

    one of the most dangerous places for police officers to be is standing at your fucking window. why? people driving see the pretty blue lights and start staring over there. then what happens? they absent-mindedly start steering towards them. So I don't have time to debate with you on the side of the fucking road. That's what the goddamn court date is for.

    Two, the tape jumped until the officer was making his return to the vehicle with the summons. He may not have run the driver and vehicle info automatically, it's pretty much officer discretion if they choose to do that or not. Next, it appeared the officer did not explain the consequences of not signing the summons - that it was not an admission of guilt and he would be taken into custody and brought before a magistrate if he refused to sign.

    Next, if you have a person outside the car on the side of the road, someone you don't know from adam, and he jams his fucking hands in his pockets and starts walking away, that's a problem. Especially if the officer just told you to turn around and put your hands behind your back. He could be grabbing a weapon, could be he's trying to flee, could be that's just a natural posture for him. The officer had no idea what the fucking guy's intentions were. The wife is lucky she didn't get shot. I saw the car door open and thought "oh fuck, this is not going to end well." The guy trying to walk away after being told to turn around and put his hands behind his back justifies the use of force.

    Again, as stated earlier Miranda only applies to questioning.

    I don't know if the officer ever told the guy how fast he was going. Someone earlier said 48/40. well, that's still speeding. State/local laws vary, but that 100 ft rule may not be the case in your area. It may just be the plane of the sign.


    Cliffs Notes: Officer could stand to communicate better but use of force was justified.


    /

    Leave a comment:


  • 2002maniac
    replied
    Originally posted by trashcop 80s 80s
    They are only required to read the Miranda warning before interrogation or questioning, as that is what they are about. The Miranda warning doesn't really have anything to do with being arrested. I think its funny when people bitch that that haven't been read their rights, and they are not even being questioned.
    Lol. most people only know about this from TV.

    edit: I completely agree with Jgood

    Leave a comment:


  • Ryan Stewart
    replied
    Even as an affluent, white male I think we need to start coming down harder on these cops. Much harder. The idea that they would be removing dash cams to protect themselves from lawsuits is just fucking scary. Hopefully after it costs them cases or the lives of officers they will reconsider and put them back in. Nothing is worse than a person in power who has no accountability.

    The problem is they are the ones in the position of power and they often abuse that power. There are countless more stories just like the one of the kid with the dash cam. Hell, once leaving a movie theater at 1:30am (late night show) we were all stopped by a big group of cops and held for over an hour. They were lecturing us and attempting to find violations on our vehicles or other reasons to hold us. Thankfully my neighbour was high ranking and on duty so I could call him to let these fuckers know that we all had rich parents with good lawyers (not to mention the area is crime free and they dont like people fucking with their kids).

    There is also a big problem with the view of less than lethal force. They have been wrestling with the definition since those means can easily be lethal for people suffering from conditions that arent apparent.

    People on here conjecturing about how the guy "might have had a gun" are totally full of shit. That could be justification for shooting the guy if you extend that shitty logic out enough. That is like the moron logic that only 134 people saw a passenger plane flying at the pentagon so it must have been a missile. Unless the guy presents a weapon the cop should use conventional means to restrain him. The guy was walking away, not reaching for the pigs sidearm.

    Leave a comment:


  • ncgneto
    replied
    I know that cop in the video..... He's an @$$hole. All the time. He thinks he's god. There are some cool cops in Utah but this guy does not fall in that small percentage

    Leave a comment:


  • JGood
    replied
    Originally posted by trashcop 80s 80s
    They are only required to read the Miranda warning before interrogation or questioning, as that is what they are about. The Miranda warning doesn't really have anything to do with being arrested. I think its funny when people bitch that that haven't been read their rights, and they are not even being questioned.
    Wow. I just read the wiki article on that, good info to know. Thanks.

    Leave a comment:


  • trashcop 80s 80s
    replied
    Originally posted by Sean
    because the officer never read him his rights
    They are only required to read the Miranda warning before interrogation or questioning, as that is what they are about. The Miranda warning doesn't really have anything to do with being arrested. I think its funny when people bitch that that haven't been read their rights, and they are not even being questioned.

    Leave a comment:

Working...