The "Post pics of your home theater" thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Eric
    replied
    wow some of your HT setups are intese!

    all of my good stuff is in the states, and my current setup is ok, but my new favorite hi-fi gear is this Ipod stereo i picked up for pretty cheap



    blake, thos Kef speakers kick ass!

    Leave a comment:


  • psloan
    replied

    Leave a comment:


  • europeanplates
    replied
    My type of thread!!! Here is my current set up including wholehouse system, since I am in the industry most of my gear was bought 70-90% off hence being able to do most of what is in my home.

    House System

    ADA HTR2400 Custom built
    ADA PTM1260 60w x 12 Home amp
    ADA Keypads in each room
    Speakercraft and Elan speakers in every room
    Wholehouse Touchscreen
    15" to 32" LCD's in every room "Game room has 3 LCD's"

    Up Stair Theater

    Samsung 42" samsung
    Sony 3200ES receiver
    Sony DVD player
    Jamo Subwoofer
    Traid MINI LCR speakers x 5

    Lower Theater

    Screen Research 84" screen
    Sony Projector VPLVW100 1080 O YES
    Triad LCR Silvers
    Trial Surrounds Gold
    Earthquake Home subs x 2 Wired for 8
    Audiocontrol Richterscale
    ADA HTR 2400
    ADA PTM 6150
    Escient music library
    Sony DVD Have not gone blue ray yet
    Gaines audio xlr to rca and vice versa for 2 channel CD player
    System is wired with 14-4 for speakers and Video brilliance wire through
    Touchscreen
    Lighting is low voltage
    Room is sound treated

    There are a ton of behind the scene devices. Josh will know what I am talking about.

    Here are some pictures:::







    Thanks

    Ty

    Leave a comment:


  • iflytii
    replied
    My system is starting to get pretty dated - if I could just stop spending money on cars I would probably update it.

    No pics (same as above, crowded room - Christmas Decor, etc)

    Sony TA-E9000 ES Pre-amplifier
    Rotel 6x100 Amp

    Carver Tuner

    HK 5 disk player
    Pioneer cheap-ass (but works good) DVD Player (waiting on a single hi-def standard before purchasing another)

    B&W CDM1SE fronts and CDM CSE center
    B&W DM601 series II Rears
    Velodyne FSR 10 Sub

    Mitsubishi 55” 1080i TV

    Leave a comment:


  • cramer
    replied
    Some nice setups on here!

    No pictures of mine since it's not much to look at in my crowded room, after christmas stuff is cleared out I may take some pics ;)

    Sony 50" DLP 1080i
    Yamaha 600 series receiver (can't remember the exact model number) 5.1, DTS, HDMI switching etc. This is the next thing after the TV I'd like to upgrade to 7.1.
    Sony upscaling DVD player (bought this before HD/bluray was out)
    Xbox HD DVD

    B&W speakers all around:
    DM 602 Series 2 up front with matching center channel
    DM 601 Series 2 in the rear
    ASW400 (I think is the number) 400W 12" sub at any rate.

    Leave a comment:


  • StereoInstaller1
    replied
    Bev, what the hell is that D to A?

    Gorgeous setup, absolutely.

    Wish I didn't have kids...

    Luke

    Leave a comment:


  • bev
    replied
    I don't know if not having a tv counts..hopefully it does?




    bad pics all around..the lighting in my place is terrible, even in the day. usually the speakers have covers on them, haha. there is also a small sub somewhere..

    Leave a comment:


  • Jand3rson
    replied
    I still can't believe they took them to Goodwill. I would think that anyone who has sense enough to buy KEF speakers would have the sense to just have them repaired.

    Oh well! Their loss, and your awesome gain!

    Leave a comment:


  • bolognablake
    replied
    Originally posted by StereoInstaller1
    It does NOT add "Character", it adds "English", where they like their teeth just like their tweeters...crooked.

    $10/pr at goodiewill? F'ing great deal, man. Do you have some decent power to run them on? Go find an old HK receiver to power them if you has no monies.

    Nice score.

    Luke
    I'm running an older 2-channel Pioneer, it does just fine.

    I'll fix the tweeter eventually. I had to pull off the terminal plate on one and re-solder the the wires, it was cutting in and out really bad. I'm guessing that was the reason they got rid of them.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jand3rson
    replied
    Echoing what Luke said, NICE fucking score. KEF's are the shit.

    One of our product reps has a pair of KEF tower speakers he wants to trade me for coming back and doing some more work on his house.

    Leave a comment:


  • StereoInstaller1
    replied
    It does NOT add "Character", it adds "English", where they like their teeth just like their tweeters...crooked.

    $10/pr at goodiewill? F'ing great deal, man. Do you have some decent power to run them on? Go find an old HK receiver to power them if you has no monies.

    Nice score.

    Luke

    Leave a comment:


  • bolognablake
    replied
    Originally posted by StereoInstaller1
    Oh yeah, straighten out the tweeter before "someone" notices!
    It adds character.

    Actually, I'm going to complain at all, because I got them at Goodwill for $9.98.

    Leave a comment:


  • StereoInstaller1
    replied
    Oh yeah, straighten out the tweeter before "someone" notices!

    Leave a comment:


  • StereoInstaller1
    replied
    Originally posted by bolognablake
    I don't have any pics of the HT setup, but I did pick up these vintage KEF monitors recently. :D



    ven·er·a·ble /ˈvɛnərəbəl/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[ven-er-uh-buhl] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation –adjective 1.commanding respect because of great age or impressive dignity; worthy of veneration or reverence, as because of high office or noble character: a venerable member of Congress. 2.a title for someone proclaimed by the Roman Catholic Church to have attained the first degree of sanctity or of an Anglican archdeacon. 3.(of places, buildings, etc.) hallowed by religious, historic, or other lofty associations: the venerable halls of the abbey. 4.impressive or interesting because of age, antique appearance, etc.: a venerable oak tree. 5.extremely old or obsolete; ancient: a venerable automobile. –noun 6.a venerable person.

    Leave a comment:


  • bolognablake
    replied
    I don't have any pics of the HT setup, but I did pick up these vintage KEF monitors recently. :D



    Leave a comment:

Working...