Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

God I want to go back to all those posts and quote every last one of you fucks who said it would not take off. I never even decided for myself, but GODDAMMIT I hated this stupid epidemic that spread here.

To those who said it wouldn't, go eat dick.
    Reminiscing...

Comment

ibtl.....
      Yours truly,
      Rich
      sigpic
      Originally posted by Rigmaster
      you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

91 318iS http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2396154

Comment

I motion that we go back through the other threads (lol, and this one!) where people insisted that the plane wouldn't take off and ban all of them. Think of it as purging the R3V gene pool.

Tim

1987 E30 cabrio | Bumper swap | H&R Sport | Koni Yellow | Eibach Sways | BavAuto strut bar | Cardinal seats
          MTech2 wheel | Husco Armrest | Smoked Hella Smileys | 5k HID | Stromung | RS003
          | Shadowline | Amber Fogs | Too much else to list

Comment

Originally posted by BENdashdash View Post
            here is the crux of this issue. in the midst of debate people have forgot what was asked. i forgot what was asked. but thats besides the point; it really depends who is asking. can we come to a mutual agreement?

if the treadmill is to match the ground takeoff speed required, the plane will take off as demonstrated on tv. however,

if the treadmill is to match the wheel speed, there will be no ground speed, air speed, or flying.

agreed?
            i cant make it any easier. if treadmill speed = wheel speed, it does not matter what propels the plane, as long as the plane is resting on its wheels. if the treadmill were to rotate in sync with the wheels, the plane could never move forward. it depends how the problem is translated.

:hitler:

Comment

Ban.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by BENdashdash View Post
                i cant make it any easier. if treadmill speed = wheel speed, it does not matter what propels the plane, as long as the plane is resting on its wheels. if the treadmill were to rotate in sync with the wheels, the plane could never move forward. it depends how the problem is translated.

:hitler:

1987 E30 cabrio | Bumper swap | H&R Sport | Koni Yellow | Eibach Sways | BavAuto strut bar | Cardinal seats

Comment

TeH WhEELS WOuLD JuST ROtATE At A FASTEr RATe. THe PlANE STIlL PrOPELS. BaN.
                  sigpic

Comment

If the speed of the wheels have something to do with the plane taking off, then care to explain how these air planes take to the sky.

1992 BMW 325iC
                    1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
                    1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Originally posted by JasonC View Post
                      If the speed of the wheels have something to do with the plane taking off, then care to explain how these air planes take to the sky.

Well duh, ever heard of a Jet Ski? And everyone knows they install snowmobile tracks on those Air Force jets...common knowledge, man...

Comment

Originally posted by trashcop 80s 80s View Post
                        TeH WhEELS WOuLD JuST ROtATE At A FASTEr RATe. THe PlANE STIlL PrOPELS. BaN.
                        So what you are saying is that an airplane could take off (non harrier) without any displacement at all if there was a large treadmill that could increase its speed fast enough to a nearly unlimited speed?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DarkWing6 View Post
                          So what you are saying is that an airplane could take off (non harrier) without any displacement at all if there was a large treadmill that could increase its speed fast enough to a nearly unlimited speed?
                          WTF? I didn't say any of that. I hate this topic. The plane propels itself with propeller/turbine. The treadmill could be going five times faster in the opposite direction, and the wheels would just be spinning that much faster, but the plane would still propel forward and take off.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by trashcop 80s 80s View Post
                            WTF? I didn't say any of that. I hate this topic.
                            Then why are you posting in it?

Comment

Working...
                            X