No announcement yet.

Official Aviation Thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That pilot is baller. So smooth you coulda thrown some ski's on and went for a rip. Kudo's to him, could have went a lot worse.
    1985 325e 2.8 Turbo VEMS

Comment

a number of pictures at the below link...

Reddingswerkers helpen mensen die gewond zijn geraakt bij het vliegtuigongeluk bij Schiphol. Reuters Reddingswerkers helpen mensen die gewond zijn geraakt bij het vliegtuigongeluk bij Schiphol. Reuters Het vliegtuig kon de Polderbaan van Schiphol niet bereiken. WFA Reddingswerkers helpen mensen die gewond zijn geraakt bij het vliegtuigongeluk bij Schiphol. Reuters Reddingswerkers helpen mensen die…

Comment

I sent a link to my dad and he is really digging the thread. And that Airliners site blew his mind, So many amazing pics. (He used to be a pilot/AV mechanic)

Comment

Originally posted by Miasma View Post
          I sent a link to my dad and he is really digging the thread. And that Airliners site blew his mind, So many amazing pics. (He used to be a pilot/AV mechanic)
          I spent about a full day on that site when I first found it. It would be awesome to have a pilot in the family!

Nice sig! It actually goes with Norton, I can hear him saying it...

Comment

LOL

Comment

Not sure if its been posted yet but this is one of my favorites, its my current background. I'm hoping to fly one of these when I get out of college
              Attached Files
              <---Goodnight, sweet prince

Eat well, stay fit, die anyway.

Originally posted by Brandon12V
              unlikely. too many e46 guys craving Big Fucking Cock

Comment

Originally posted by Maluco View Post
                LOL

hahaa, my dad is a delta pilot and he loves Fam guy. A couple weeks ago he threw in a giggity while speaking over the intercom, but nobody noticed, or at least no one said anything. He said his FO started cracking up and he almost couldnt finish his announcement w/o laughing.

They also sell stickers in the Delta store in ATL of Quagmire in his uniform! my dad said he snatched up the last 3 they had.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aaron325ix View Post
                  hahaa, my dad is a delta pilot and he loves Fam guy. A couple weeks ago he threw in a giggity while speaking over the intercom, but nobody noticed, or at least no one said anything. He said his FO started cracking up and he almost couldnt finish his announcement w/o laughing.

They also sell stickers in the Delta store in ATL of Quagmire in his uniform! my dad said he snatched up the last 3 they had.
                  that is classic! I love when pilots take the time to inject a little humor. I've been flying since I was a little kid and have always had great respect for pilots. There's something about pilot humor.

Two that come to mind:

about 20 or so mins after our planned departure time, "I'd like to welcome everyone aboard flight blah, blah blah, I'm embarassed to say I've forgotten the keys to the plane at home... but don't worry, I've called my wife and she's on the way with them. We should be towed out in 10 to 15 mins"

Flying into Kennedy Intl to make a connection for Rio. As we're about 300 to 100 or so feet from touchdown we get hit with a hefty crosswind. The pilot purposely throws the plane onto the runway. Hardest landing I've had. He comes on and says "sorry ladies and gentlemen, I'm afraid I can't take credit for that landing, it will have to go to the crosswind" As, I walk past him on the way out, I told him "I didn't see any crosswinds" to which he replies, "well that's the thing isn't it" and we all LOL...

Comment

PM me if you have any questions. My roommate just selected Tailhook out of Primary, he goes to Meridian, MS for Jet Advanced training next Friday. I'm still kinda torn, but looking towards Helicopters for a platform.

Originally posted by CreamE30 View Post
                    Not sure if its been posted yet but this is one of my favorites, its my current background. I'm hoping to fly one of these when I get out of college
                    sigpic89 M3

Comment

Originally posted by CreamE30 View Post
                      Good luck vs. the naval academy guys. They are stupid competitive over those fighter positions. Your best bet would have been enlisting and then try for an officer position after you finished schooling.
                      Advanded Delphin Division
                      My e30s: 1987 325i/1994 318iT

Comment

HAHAHA you have no idea how funny that is, being a Naval Academy grad (as was my roommate, and everyone who selected tailhook this week. 4 grads from the class of 08 selected this week, all four got jets.) But, it's really most people in the program. My buddy, who was not an Academy grad, graduated Primary with an 80 NSS. Which means, his actual grade was higher than the Navy will record. It's like scoring above a 1600 on the SAT, it's unreal. And your best bet, if not in ROTC already, is OCS. It's very, very hard to pick up a commission as an enlisted guy despite what the recruiter will tell you. Not impossible, but difficult. There's some guys here with thousands of flight hours, and a bunch with dads, family, etc. in Naval Aviation and it's really in their blood.

Originally posted by delfin View Post
                        Good luck vs. the naval academy guys. They are stupid competitive over those fighter positions. Your best bet would have been enlisting and then try for an officer position after you finished schooling.
                        sigpic89 M3

Comment

don't they already shoot frozen turkeys through jet engines? And i know military bases have a green-orange-red code for bird hazards.. something like that?
                          sigpic89 M3

Comment

FAA implementing new anti-bird measures for all commercial airliners...

Comment

Comment

Went to Andrews AFB air show again. Didn't get as many pictures this time plus they aren't the best either, but here they are.

1992 BMW 325iC
                                1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
                                1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Working...
                                X