No announcement yet.

Official Aviation Thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

damn, AF1 at your airshow!? I cant' wait till October, I'm going to take way more pictures this time around. It's just not as much fun to drink biers enjoy the view and record everything with photos all at the same time.

The Alliance Airshow is truly a spectacle!

Comment

I see my jet in the first photo. It kind dominates most events. Wonder who's doing the airshow circuit?
      https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

They said Obama had to go somewhere that day (can't remember where). But later in the show Marine One along with two other helicopters came in. Then they taxied AF1 out on the runway and it took off. I guess it was a bonus since AF1 is stationed there.
        Last edited by JasonC; 05-18-2009, 07:56 PM. Reason: ***

1992 BMW 325iC
        1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
        1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Cool pics Jason

-> Afficionados join the M-technic I club

Comment

Awesome pics, I love prop aviation, esp WW2 stuff. Gonna go check this out soon, thank you Paul Allen for being loaded and into aviation. They have a FW-190D-13, SUPER rare bird, and my favorite WW2 plane. I love the long nose D series focke's.

Comment

We had a 777 in a couple weeks back for an engine change. I took this picture for my kids. Gives you an idea of the size of the engines on one of these birds. I'm 6'2" in my work boots.

Comment

Would have recognized the gear as a 777. We are getting CF6-50 over the next 10 years. Ours will be on the jets in 2012. Be like adding 2 more engines for us.
                https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Yeah the 777's really have collossal engines :D

-> Afficionados join the M-technic I club

Comment

Originally posted by Maluco View Post

Is there a story behind this (that you know of?). Looks interesting...
                    My new blog site: http://www.tomperso.com

Comment

I need to add to this... I'm Naval Academy and I selected helicopters. It's all a matter of timing and when I selected jets just weren't available (1992, the drawdown years).

I ended up flying jets, anyway. Having flown both, I actually prefer helicopters. Not as sexy, but a lot more fun!

Comment

Originally posted by hoveringuy View Post
                        I need to add to this... I'm Naval Academy and I selected helicopters. It's all a matter of timing and when I selected jets just weren't available (1992, the drawdown years).

I ended up flying jets, anyway. Having flown both, I actually prefer helicopters. Not as sexy, but a lot more fun!
                        What year did you graduate? '92, or earlier? Also, did you go through Whiting Field, or Corpus Christi? I was on the fence between jets and helicopters, and ended up selecting tailhook. I start in the T-45 (the three red/white jets in the middle of the picture set, with the P-47 in the right side of the picture) on June 22.

Also, for those that are interested, I just finished centrifuge training... painful. It broke the blood vessels in my ankles, as well as the cappilaries on the underside of every extremity (called the G-measles). And I wasn't beat up nearly as bad as some of my friends that had gone through it. Interesting experience, but I'm very glad I only have to do it once. I'll try to put up the video shortly.
                        sigpic89 M3

Comment

I'm '90. 20th Co.

I was in the pool for most of my first year in P-cola. VT-6, Whiting and then HT-18 at South Whiting.

HSL-44, Mayport
                          Monterey (ITM)
                          transition to TAR
                          HS-75, NAS Jax.
                          COMDESRON 1, San Diego
                          transition to C-9's.
                          VR-61, Whidbey
                          transition to King Air.
                          NAF Washington, Andrews AFB
                          ... some time in Afghanistan....
                          XO, Bremerton. My current billet.

While I was at NAF Washington I also moonlighted at the Academy and taught ES-360, Control Systems Engineering for non-Engineers.

I spent 3 years basicall being an airline pilot at VR-61 and NONE of the guys from the airlines that I flew with were really happy. Not much of a career anymore!

Originally posted by Ral View Post
                          What year did you graduate? '92, or earlier? Also, did you go through Whiting Field, or Corpus Christi? I was on the fence between jets and helicopters, and ended up selecting tailhook. I start in the T-45 (the three red/white jets in the middle of the picture set, with the P-47 in the right side of the picture) on June 22.

Also, for those that are interested, I just finished centrifuge training... painful. It broke the blood vessels in my ankles, as well as the cappilaries on the underside of every extremity (called the G-measles). And I wasn't beat up nearly as bad as some of my friends that had gone through it. Interesting experience, but I'm very glad I only have to do it once. I'll try to put up the video shortly.

Comment

Originally posted by aaron325ix View Post
                            hahaa, my dad is a delta pilot and he loves Fam guy. A couple weeks ago he threw in a giggity while speaking over the intercom, but nobody noticed, or at least no one said anything. He said his FO started cracking up and he almost couldnt finish his announcement w/o laughing.

They also sell stickers in the Delta store in ATL of Quagmire in his uniform! my dad said he snatched up the last 3 they had.
                            Haha, Thats awesome I think the better one is when all of the asians run out of his house and he's like "they are all tagged." My dad flies for delta also. Small World

Comment

Originally posted by hoveringuy View Post
                              I'm '90. 20th Co.

I was in the pool for most of my first year in P-cola. VT-6, Whiting and then HT-18 at South Whiting.

HSL-44, Mayport
                              Monterey (ITM)
                              transition to TAR
                              HS-75, NAS Jax.
                              COMDESRON 1, San Diego
                              transition to C-9's.
                              VR-61, Whidbey
                              transition to King Air.
                              NAF Washington, Andrews AFB
                              ... some time in Afghanistan....
                              XO, Bremerton. My current billet.

While I was at NAF Washington I also moonlighted at the Academy and taught ES-360, Control Systems Engineering for non-Engineers.

I spent 3 years basicall being an airline pilot at VR-61 and NONE of the guys from the airlines that I flew with were really happy. Not much of a career anymore!

See screen-name, best of both worlds (hover and go-fast). VT-28 in Corpus in 96', VT-22 in Kingsville in 97' (first of the TS Goshawk students) and VMA-231 for fleet duty until 2003 (after the sandbox) where I finished as an IP at VT-21 back in wingsville. NOT an airline pilot now (plenty of miserable friends doing it, zero job security). Miss the cockpit dearly. Good luck to the students on the board and Happy Memorial to those that serve/ed.

Comment

Originally posted by av8drvr View Post
                                See screen-name, best of both worlds (hover and go-fast). VT-28 in Corpus in 96', VT-22 in Kingsville in 97' (first of the TS Goshawk students) and VMA-231 for fleet duty until 2003 (after the sandbox) where I finished as an IP at VT-21 back in wingsville. NOT an airline pilot now (plenty of miserable friends doing it, zero job security). Miss the cockpit dearly. Good luck to the students on the board and Happy Memorial to those that serve/ed.
                                Good to hear. I also went through 28 in Corpus, and start up in VT-22 tentatively on June 22. We might be the last of the students to see the A- model, if not in the plane than at least in the sims. Enjoy your weekend.

And for the record, I was in 30th co.
                                sigpic89 M3

Comment

Working...
                                X