Rasterbation - Anyone do it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rasterbation - Anyone do it?

No, not that kind of bation, but rasterbation. I searched around on the forum and didnt find anything so I'm wondering if its been discussed in our world. Seen it on a few forums not car related, so maybe we can discuss it. I just got a new place downtown, and I'm trying to get together some "original" art for it. With the price of original art pieces being way more than I can afford, this is what I've been trying to perfect for a few weeks.

For those who dont know what this program is or what it does, check out this gallery
    Wall art generator. Enlarges images to multiple pages, which you can then print and combine into huge posters.

For a download to the program, go here
    Wall art generator. Enlarges images to multiple pages, which you can then print and combine into huge posters.

Cliffs : You basically take 1 picture. Load it into the Rasterbator. Select how big you want the rasterbator to blow it up to. It puts it into single pieces of paper so you put it together to make one big picture.

Now for the part I need help with - I need some cool images. I scanned through the ENTIRE "This is Pictures" thread and found 1 maybe 2 things I'd consider blowing up or altering to put on my wall. Anyone have any cool artsy interesting picture ideas for a rasterbation?

I rasterbate all the time... I need to start putting my rasterbations on walls though. My GF is actually more into rasterbation than myself.

These are all true.
    tasty

Comment

Go on 4chan.org and skim the HR forum for a week or so. They tend to have some good shit on there from time to time. What kind of pictures are you looking for? What music you listen to? Do you like scenery? I have a bunch of pretty high resolution pics on the old HD.

Comment

hehe. I did one for my girlfriend of Bright Eyes. Looks kinda cool, but I'm kind of having a hard time figuring out how to hang it. I dont want a thousand thumb tacks.

Kind of thought of using some of that pink insulation type stuff used in construction as a backing, and them glue it onto that so its more like a picture than a poster.

Any thoughts? And what type of pictures did you rasterbate? I want something artsy and classy you know, not a picture of Kobe Bryant in my dorm room type shit.

Comment

Originally posted by andyman2487 View Post
          Go on 4chan.org and skim the HR forum for a week or so. They tend to have some good shit on there from time to time. What kind of pictures are you looking for? Music? Scenery? I have a bunch of pretty high resolution pics on the old HD.
          Im not partial to any subject. I found an old BMW picture in one of the threads here that had the old old BMW roundel logo with pictures of guys making planes. Thought that was cool. Also found some Banksy art work.

I have a loft in the middle of downtown Nashville so I kind of want an urban theme. Thought about Andy Warhols Brooklyn Bridge painting rasterbated... Whatcha got in mind?

Comment

It's always cool to rasterbate super pixelated images, think lego/pixel/pacman.
            tasty

Comment

Hmm.. Good idea. Maybe a skyline of NYC super pixelated....

Anyone wanna throw some pictures out for recommendations?
              Last edited by scabzzzz; 03-11-2008, 12:54 PM.

Comment

I've got 2 pretty sweet vectorized images that would make good posters. Depends on your taste in music. Theyre pretty huge (7000-10000 pixels wide). Here's a sample of each:

This one is pretty bad ass:

PM me your email addy or something if you want the originals because flickr won't upload the original files (too large). I've got a bunch of hubble pics and a ton of hr scenery too.

Comment

You got PM. Thanks man

Comment

If anyone else wants to share on their method of putting these on the wall, feel free to share.

Comment

poster putty, double sided tape, poster glue.

theres a lot of different ways.

Comment

Scabzzzzz - what bright eyes pic did you use?
                        "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

This pic:

Sorry for the hotlinking I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Jesse30 View Post
                            poster putty, double sided tape, poster glue.

theres a lot of different ways.
                            I was thinking Polystyrene Insulation.. that huge piece of foam you buy that is pink at home depot. Its cheap and huge and would be a smooth light flat surface to glue paper on to. Never heard of anyone using it though.

Turd - I have the pdf already rasterbated of that conor pic if you want it. Its huge though.

Comment

Andrew: That pic of Dali is awesome. Exactly what I'm talking about. Got any more of that?

Thanks for the pictures and ideas guys by the way. :)

Comment

Working...
                              X