No announcement yet.

Rasterbation - Anyone do it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gonna get something done at a print shop for my office wall, any suggestions?

Oh, and bump!

Comment

That dude grimm was such a douche.

"Its preparations are concealed, not published. Its mistakes are buried not headlined. Its dissenters are silenced, not praised. No expenditure is questioned, no rumor is printed, no secret is revealed."

John F. Kennedy

Comment

You can do all this in MS Paint.....how come you guys don't trim the white off? It only takes a few minutes with a ruler and X-ACTO knife.

1. Go to file. 2. Change all margins to 0.(it may change it to .XX but that's not important) 3. Then under scaling change to "Fit to" and choose how many pages you want it to print on. 4. Print it.

Of course the quality of the image will deteriorate if you print it bigger than its actual resolution.

I haven't checked to see if Rasterbation will compensate for images with low resolution. But if it does I may have to start using it.

Edit: Just googled it. They use a Halftone/Pointillism technique to create the image using different size/color dots.
        So up close you'll see the dots but as you get further away the image looks real.

I still prefer the MS paint method if I have a Hi-res image. But if I want a 10' x 20' image Rasterbation would be a better choice.

According to MS paint a resolution of 4320x3240 = 44.99"x33.75"; you could probably still enlarge it without losing too much detail.
        Last edited by NeedaBimmer; 03-17-2012, 01:32 PM.

Comment

I trimmed the edges on two sides of mine and then just overlapped the sheets over each other. You also can't just re-size a small picture into a poster and expect it to look good. Especially when you make it as big as the one I made. I started with a 1440x900 picture, and as you can see, from anything over 5ft. away, it looks like a regular picture.

Comment

Working...
          X