No announcement yet.

Don't even sit in your car drunk...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I knew about that law. Kind of ridiculous, kinda like saying you have a gun, so you intend to shoot someone.
    sigpic

Comment

The other night I was planning on sleeping in my beater truck, however I couldn't get in the cab (damn chevy having two different keys) and ended up sleeping in the bed. I was woken up at about 3:30am by an officer, he told me he was checking to make sure I was alright and thanked me for not driving.
      m106 1990 e30
      e36 daily
      e32 cruiser

Comment

Originally posted by Rennsport View Post
        The other night I was planning on sleeping in my beater truck, however I couldn't get in the cab (damn chevy having two different keys) and ended up sleeping in the bed. I was woken up at about 3:30am by an officer, he told me he was checking to make sure I was alright and thanked me for not driving.
        See to me, that's a responsible cop. That's awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by atomic View Post
          He did say it happened back in February.

I knew of this law years ago.
          lol, reading owns me. sorry I must have missed that part.

another funny thing i found out a few days ago.
          yo-yos were intended to be weapons. lol now thats funny.

mtech1/2jzgte/r154/275tire
          function>form

Comment

I read something similar years ago. Really sucks, and any cop/prosecutor along the way who throws the book at you deserves a kick in the junk. I have a feeling that sitting in the passenger seat would be a better idea, but if they're gonna be dicks I guess they're gonna be dicks. I wonder if modern cars with convenience card starting crap means you can get arrested for going too close to your car while intoxicated. Afterall being 5 feet or whatever from a new benz = same as having traditional key in the ignition. Ugh.

Comment

Most of the set up have 3 antennae and can tell if you are inside or outside the car BTW.
              Originally posted by Matt-B
              hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Wow, I never knew about this. I always thought that if I had to sleep it off I'd just turn on the car and sleep in my nice A/C for a few hours (Screw you $4.32 gas!) but I guess that would be illegal.... fuck sweating, it's hot around here.

Good thing I just rush it home, it's like a video game.

Comment

Originally posted by TDE30 View Post
                  Further proof that the US has a very immature outlook on alcohol. Whilst there are thousands of deaths attributed to drunk driving (and I don't mean to undermind the subject by any means,) it often seems that the US goes too far to prevent alcohol from leaving the bar. Europe seems to have a much more relaxed view of alcohol and its consumption.
                  So i was riding my bike back from downtown brussels the other night.. hammered. My brother decides it's a good idea to cat-call a cop across the street....

and that's it, no bullshit, cop just looked at us and that was it. I love this place sometimes.
                  Julien
                  Build Threads:
                  Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

Yeah, I realize now that I should have been in the passenger seat if I wanted heat. I was driving my truck at the time (winter), so it had no backseat. Still, the passenger seat with the heat on or no heat at all was the way to go I guess.

The sad thing is, if I were to have driven, I probably would have made it without a problem. Even my attorney said it was pretty much bullshit when I described it to him. In my mind, the proper thing for the cop to do would be to take my keys and have me pick them up in the morning at the station.

But I digress... I should know the law, and I didn't, so I have to face the consequences. I was planning on buying an R6 this summer, but the money is lost to this. Live and learn.

Comment

dont feel to bad man. a relative of mine was coming home from a new years party this year. he shouldnt have been driving but in his mind he was good (of course). he got about 2 miles from his house and his GF decides he needs to pull over ASAP so she can yack out the door. so while hes pulled over on the side of the freeway with the car off, her hanging out the door harfing, WSP (washington state patrol) pulls up behind him and hits the lights.

they ask what hes up to etc and he tells them his GF is to drunk and she was getting car sick. they ask how many hes had and he refuses to tell them (apparently a good idea according to his attorney). they give him the breathalyser and he blows a .18. they book him for "intent to operate a motor vehicle while under the influence".

the officer asks who can get his car to avoid having it towed. so i got the call at 230am. his gf got a ride with his parents. he was booked and released into my custody (even though hes 22, weird). he got a attorney and got it reduced to negligent driving also 24hours in jail, has to go in front of a victims panel, and about $3500 in attorney fees and other fines.

so consider yourself lucky if all you have to do is pay attorney fees. in my relatives case he didnt lose his license and it soudns like you didnt lose yours either.

i look at it as DAMN WOMEN!! yes yes yes i know i know he shouldnt have been driving after drinking. but if his f'in GF had not needed to pull over this could have all been avoided, lol.

Comment

I learned about this law from an episode of cops! Some old redneck was passed the fuck out in his pickup truck and when the cops woke him up, they hinted that he was going to get a dui. But he was a smart cookie and threw the keys in the bed before he got in and dashed their plans.

Comment

Originally posted by gazellebeigem3 View Post
                          I learned about this law from an episode of cops! Some old redneck was passed the fuck out in his pickup truck and when the cops woke him up, they hinted that he was going to get a dui. But he was a smart cookie and threw the keys in the bed before he got in and dashed their plans.
                          everything i know i learned from watching cops
                          We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
                          www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

Whao. Sorry to hear about your episode TwoJ's.
                            But thnx for the heads up, I also never heard of this law.
                            Will inform if there are similar laws on this side of the pond.

-> Afficionados join the M-technic I club

Comment

Something similar happened to a fellow bmw driver on the ship not to long ago. He had left his car at 7-11 and went drinking and they had a DD and everything. He then realized he left his military ID in his car at the 7-11 and went back to get it, as soon as he got in the car to get his license the cops pulled up. He was in the driver seat without the keys in the ignition, and he wasnt booked with anything however he was turned over to the shore patrol and then went to captains mast where they took his rank and charge him 2 half months pay. I just find it quite odd that as strict and everything that the Virginia cops are, that they didnt give him anything but the Navy ground him into the dirt for it

Comment

Originally posted by blunt View Post
                                everything i know i learned from watching cops
                                No blunt you cannot flash your man nipples at cops to get out of tickets

Comment

Working...
                                X