No announcement yet.

Don't even sit in your car drunk...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the wonderful state of Arizona, you can receive a DUI simply for intent to drive. I.E. you've been drinking and you're hanging outside by your car with your keys in your pocket. If the keys are on your person, that's reason enough.

As well, if the cop thinks you are somewhat intoxicated at all, they can bring you in for a blood screening test. Even if you weren't intoxicated to the least degree, if you have any type of drugs in your system(THC for instance) = instant DUI.

I heart our state.

Comment

that sucks. Ive passed out b4 drunk as shit in my car with the radio on, parked by a park where friends droped me off. But luckly I was never fucked with.

Comment

One of my uncles drank at some sort of party, decided to sleep it off in his car a few blocks down the road in a parking lot. A cop woke him up, asked him what he was doing, he explains, cop assume he drove to the lot drunk. He gets a DUI, second offense, luckily my other uncle is a lawyer for lloyds of London, he got acd because he souls have recieved an intent charge.

On the funny side tho after I told my buddies this story, one goes to a bar, pregames before he leaves his house, passes a cop on the way there quickly pulls into a parking spot, throws his keys out the window in a hurry as the cop pulls past him. It's not a cop just a car with a primer hood. It took him half an hour to find his keys.

Comment

Dude, I feel so sorry for you. nearly $6,000 and losing license for a year is unbelievable. Thought of moving to a different state? Here it's a $40 class and $105 court fee for first time offense.

Comment

In PA you can put the keys in the trunk and it's totally fine to sleep in your car drunk.
            The Keystone Killers

Originally posted by Cabriolet
            With 73k+ post, you'd think he'd have learned a little about life.

Comment

Originally posted by Collin View Post
              In PA you can put the keys in the trunk and it's totally fine to sleep in your car drunk.

yup, I was out drinking....cause it was open bar from 9-12...got smashed. Then called the GF to pick me up. It started to rain so I sat in the car. Took the keys and tossed them in the trunk and sat and waited. Police rolled around and banged on the glass like 1 minute later to ask where I was going. i told them the keys are in the back if they want to look and that my GF was on the way to pick me up. Then they told me to have a good night.

Comment

I've never agreed with that law, I had a friend with the same situation a few years back. The only difference was he was stuck with a DUI and they also added on "Illegal camping" lol. Im not sure what resulted from the charges, if they stuck or not.
                Originally posted by blunt
                i would jerk larry king off while tonging jflips ass if h0lmes would blow his head off

Comment

thats a load of shit, you did the responsible thing by not driving, sorry about getting arrested :\

e24 e9 e30
                  IG: peterkaczynski

Comment

i believe in colorado, you can get the same charge just for having the keys inside the vehicle with you.....

i've never been fucked with. but i always put the keys on the back of the rim...
                    1991 325iC - Mauritsblau sumthin metallic blue. DEAD
                    1992 525i - Silber sumthin sumthin metallic- Rolling again, needs suspension/wheels/brakes/paint.... Fuck you A4S310R; BEAT YOU.
                    1989 325i - Cirrusblau Metallic sumthin sumthin-project - trying to clean up the interior(done), then the body, then a 5spd, then suspension, then..... - [Stolen :| ]
                    1991 325iC - Calypsorot Metallic
                    1994 540i - Granitsilber

Originally posted by scabzzzz
                    I've had blunts cock in my mouth, but I'm not gay.

Comment

Yeah, the law is kind of shitty, but I do believe that it is necessary. What I have a problem with is the officer's discretion. The "Physical control of a vehicle under the influence" law is there, but it is up to the officer to decide if I was in physical control of it. I was asleep, so how could I be in control of it? If it weren't so fucking cold out the keys likely would have been in my pocket. He should have just taken my keys for the night.

BUT, ignorance about a law is no excuse for not abiding by it. I take it as an expensive lesson learned and it surely won't happen again. And by the way, no matter where you are sitting in the vehicle; or where the keys are, if you are in it and the keys are as well you are guilty (at least in WA).

Comment

There is another Kronus?

Comment

Originally posted by TwoJ's View Post
                          Yeah, the law is kind of shitty, but I do believe that it is necessary. What I have a problem with is the officer's discretion. The "Physical control of a vehicle under the influence" law is there, but it is up to the officer to decide if I was in physical control of it. I was asleep, so how could I be in control of it? If it weren't so fucking cold out the keys likely would have been in my pocket. He should have just taken my keys for the night.

BUT, ignorance about a law is no excuse for not abiding by it. I take it as an expensive lesson learned and it surely won't happen again. And by the way, no matter where you are sitting in the vehicle; or where the keys are, if you are in it and the keys are as well you are guilty (at least in WA).
                          Up here in the good ol' Canada as long as you're not in the driver seat and keys aren't in the ignition you are good to go
                          http://www.steinbachphoto.ca

Comment

Originally posted by TDE30 View Post
                            Further proof that the US has a very immature outlook on alcohol. Whilst there are thousands of deaths attributed to drunk driving (and I don't mean to undermind the subject by any means,) it often seems that the US goes too far to prevent alcohol from leaving the bar. Europe seems to have a much more relaxed view of alcohol and its consumption.
                            Actually the law is the same here. Even if you have your car on jack stands and working under the car with the radio on but have an open beer that you have been drinking you will still get a DUI. The legal limit here is .05 and if your in an accident its .03. Remember the German beer is stronger too.
                            Originally posted by Nicademus
                            My car beats off to that car. :bow:

Comment

This happened to a girl i dated in E-burg, too...
                              92 325ic 5 speed, hard top, windscreen, 133k, for sale
                              sigpic

Comment

So, what happens if your keys are in the ignition but your suspension, powertrain and wheels are off of the car in a sealed garage?

P.S. Sorry you had to go through that, all it takes is one fuckstick cop to ruin your month/year/life.

Comment

Working...
                                X