PGE and wind energy...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PGE and wind energy...

My wife and I were checking out a small Farmers Market yesterday evening when we ran across a PGE tent with a young man sitting under it.
    We approached and started to talk to the guy about it.
    I had to get away from the booth I was getting twisted because this program is juicing the already juiced tax payer so that you are the ones paying for PGE to install these huge wind energy towers.
    Absolute horseshit!!
    It's the equivalent of me charging all my customers to pay EXTRA so I can upgrade all my woodworking equipment.
    It's a fucking scam if I've ever seen one. All they're doing is preying on the weak minded who think they're actually contributing to a cleaner source of energy when in actual fact PGE is just making more money. The power you may be paying for adds to the grid not to your house.
    The same idea is evident in the Prius. You pay more because the car is newer technology, not because it costs them that much more to produce.

Lets get even more money from the consumer.

Q. What is “new biomass” energy?

1. Some of the electricity in PGE’s renewable product portfolio is generated from renewable biomass. Biomass generation technologies use plants and organic matter to generate electricity. These resources may be burned directly or converted into another fuel before being used. PGE’s renewable products use only two sources of biomass: wood and landfill gas. Electricity derived from burning municipal solid waste is not purchased for any of our products.

........seriously...you mean like burning oil?
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

so wait, you're upset because people voluntarily pay more for energy that costs more to produce, because it's clean?

that makes no sense. The reason the PGE 'Blue Sky' energy costs more is because the energy costs more to produce. Simple economics, not a scam

Comment

our local utility has a similar program called greenergy. it's not a scam, it's for people who want to support sustainable energy programs.

Comment

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
        so wait, you're upset because people voluntarily pay more for energy that costs more to produce, because it's clean?

that makes no sense. The reason the PGE 'Blue Sky' energy costs more is because the energy costs more to produce. Simple economics, not a scam

Originally posted by hugh jass View Post
        our local utility has a similar program called greenergy. it's not a scam, it's for people who want to support sustainable energy programs.

Should you pay for all my woodworking equipment so I can do business? Even though you may not see any woodwork (from my shop) in your house...
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Apples and oranges... If you had a green way to do wood working, and people would rather pay that, over the original way. Sure, why not?
          Originally posted by blunt
          i would jerk larry king off while tonging jflips ass if h0lmes would blow his head off

Comment

Originally posted by jflip2002 View Post
            Apples and oranges... If you had a green way to do wood working, and people would rather pay that, over the original way. Sure, why not?

How is that Apples to Oranges...because you got suckered into thinking it's cleaner?
            And why should the consumer be the one to pay extra when the corporations are the ones producing more of the pollution?

Comment

Originally posted by joshh View Post
              Should you pay for all my woodworking equipment so I can do business? Even though you may not see any woodwork (from my shop) in your house...
              You're not getting it.
              Say you had 2 ways of doing your woodworking, option A and option B. Say option B cost more but was earth friendly or whatever and some of your customers didn't mind paying more if it mean you were using green products. You leave it up to your customers if they want to pay for option A or option B.

Comment

How is that Apples to Oranges...because you got suckered into thinking it's cleaner?
                dude, wind power is cleaner than coal or natural gas power, it's a fact. you aren't honestly trying to say that wind power isn't clean are you?

Comment

^ exactly. It's not like PGE is forcing you to pay more

Comment

Originally posted by hugh jass View Post
                    dude, wind power is cleaner than coal or natural gas power, it's a fact. you aren't honestly trying to say that wind power isn't clean are you?

Except that you are not reading...

Comment

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
                      ^ exactly. It's not like PGE is forcing you to pay more

Why would they need to, they obviously have you suckered.

Comment

Wind isnt cleaner if the air is from the central valley lol. Youre a retard, it seems like youre the only one that doesnt get this. People buy hybrids by CHOICE. People will be using this energy form as a CHOICE.

What I would do is sell it as clean wind energy, and give you the plain old fashion coal burned energy lol.
                        i would jerk larry king off while tonging jflips ass if h0lmes would blow his head off

Comment

Why would they need to, they obviously have you suckered.
                          Lol. Youre right, they wouldnt need to.

Comment

Originally posted by jflip2002 View Post
                            Wind isnt cleaner if the air is from the central valley lol. Youre a retard, it seems like youre the only one that doesnt get this. People buy hybrids by CHOICE. People will be using this energy form as a CHOICE.

What I would do is sell it as clean wind energy, and give you the plain old fashion coal burned energy lol.

Reading>you.

Comment

It's just like buying a car. You can pay $20K for a honda, or you can pay $40K for a BMW. It's your choice, no one is forcing you to pay $40K for a honda. And BMWs certainly aren't a scam just because they cost more.

Comment

Working...
                              X