No announcement yet.

So I just found out I have cancer..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank for the advice Scot. My biggest issue is that I transitioned from one subcontracting company to another so my health insurance changed from Aetna to Cariten. I've been warned that Aetna can be very bitchy about large claims.

For those of you who wish to see me well when I survive chemo should come to the Southeast Fall Rally. The summer rally was a graduation celebration for me so this one can be my last chemo celebration.

Comment

Aetna is the biggest piece of shit company around. They fucked over my GF during her car accident. First, they didnt pay for her air lift from the accident site. Then they didnt pay for the imaging, to see if she had internal bleeding. After she was about to get out of the hospital, the doctors and nurses recommended this physical rehabilitation institute in SB. Aetna actually approved that! Until she got out of the center, then we recieved the bill for the entire stay at the center. They again, refused to pay that. Needless to say, we're suing Aetna.
      Originally posted by blunt
      i would jerk larry king off while tonging jflips ass if h0lmes would blow his head off

Comment

Just passing through wishing you well Robert

-> Afficionados join the M-technic I club

Comment

Originally posted by jflip2002 View Post
          Aetna is the biggest piece of shit company around. They fucked over my GF during her car accident. First, they didnt pay for her air lift from the accident site. Then they didnt pay for the imaging, to see if she had internal bleeding. After she was about to get out of the hospital, the doctors and nurses recommended this physical rehabilitation institute in SB. Aetna actually approved that! Until she got out of the center, then we recieved the bill for the entire stay at the center. They again, refused to pay that. Needless to say, we're suing Aetna.
          HMO or PPO?

They are probably going to deny everything because auto insurance should cover it.
          "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

Hope all is going well for you man, you're still in everyone's thoughts.

I'll try to make it out to that Southeast Fall Rally you mentioned, it'd be cool to meet you.

Take care man.
            - Trey

E90 325i/6 (ZSP, ZPP, ZCW)
            E36 325i sedan
            E30 325i sedan
            Volvo 945T

Comment

Originally posted by Turf1600 View Post
              HMO or PPO?

They are probably going to deny everything because auto insurance should cover it.
              I believe PPO. They were "supposed" to cover everything auto insurance didnt, which was only something like $10k in injuries. The airlift alone was over $100k IIRC.
              Originally posted by blunt
              i would jerk larry king off while tonging jflips ass if h0lmes would blow his head off

Comment

Sorry I missed this Robert. Had to find out via PM.

Let me know if you need anything!

Hope to see you at the next rally man!

Comment

Just stopping by to wish you well man. I don't know if you've come to this realization but Roosevelt got it right when he said that all we have to fear is fear itself. I've never been through anything like this but I've had some tough times and the best way to get through them is to realize that the reason you're so scared is that you don't know what will happen.

"So, first of all, let me assert my firm belief that the only thing we have to fear is fear itself—nameless, unreasoning, unjustified terror which paralyzes needed efforts to convert retreat into advance." -FDR

Once you understand and accept that tomorrow will come whether you like it or not, and what happens then cannot be predicted or changed today, you can shed the debilitation of the fear of the unknown and soldier on, doing what can be done today - like telling your loved ones how you feel, and doing the fucking dishes.

Comment

Treatment #3

Good News - WBC is up

Bad News - Doc won't let me ditch the pain in the ass Nuelasta shots.

My WBC wac 9.2 which is in the high normal as opposed to the last treatment that was 2.4 which was considered abnormally low.

On a good note my Lyphocyte numbers are back into the normal range which shows that the supplements I've started taking are really starting to work well. Each time I go my CBC show an increase in Lymphocyte% and #.

Today was weird. All the nausea came as I started the treatment. Then I was fine, and then I went to Wal-Mart and some dumbass soccer mom backed into me while I was walking in the parking lot (I'm ok though). Once I got home and ate and drank TONS of water I felt fine till about 9-10pm then I had to hit the Phen.

I can only hope this weekend eases up on me. Everyone is worried that I'm going to "over do it" at home and at work. I've esplained that it is vitaly that I stay active to avoid depression and take my mind off the nausea. My boss even suggested maybe taking off 2 months and drawing short term disability. I told that if it looks like it might get to the point that I become a liability at work then tell me I would gladly sit on my ass for a paycheck.

Comment

Glad to hear. Sounds like you are improving.

Keep fighting!
                      Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                      Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                      One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Superb Robert!

-> Afficionados join the M-technic I club

Comment

Keep it up man!
                          Originally posted by Simon S
                          When a dream is a dream for too long - it becomes a fantasy..

Comment

Don't give away my locker just yet... I'm back in the chemo club. :(

I started it this morning. Pills this time; the same as I had when this all started and I had to go in for daily radiation zaps. This time though I'm taking the full dose. Back then it was just 50% and it wore me out pretty quickly. I've had half a dose today and I can feel it already. Seven days on, seven days off. Good thing I got the new drivers seat finished this weekend.

What sucks most is -I- have to take them. At least when I was getting the drip all I had to do was get stuck and then sit there. With these, I have to get the pills out and swallow them on my own knowing what they'll do to me. The temptation to "miss" a dose is going to be horrible. So much for the next three months. :(
                            - Sco

Keep Our City CLEAN & SAFE Do Your Part

Comment

How long do you have to take the pills?

When do they expect for it to be in remission?

Blah, I don;t even want to think about making myself take the pills. Today the nausea has been absolutely horrid for some reason. Even the nausea pills aren't working.

Comment

you'll get through this part man! I would advise not to look at vlad's car show pics... some may make you feel worse!
                                Yours truly,
                                Rich
                                sigpic
                                Originally posted by Rigmaster
                                you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

Working...
                                X