So who has naked's of Kat Von D??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Farbin Kaiber
    replied
    Originally posted by s0urce
    ^^^ IMO stars are probably the gayest, most trendy SHAPE you can get permanently branded on yourself. Because I'm yet to hear any justification from ANYONE with a star tattoo as to what they could possibly represent (besides the fact that they like the shape, just as a toddler might), I just assume people with star tattoos are trendy morons, with a severe lack of creativity and an apparent impulsive lifestyle.

    No offense of course.
    Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber


    Looking at getting this, it's taken from...



    Just trying to figure out what font/text to put the Latin around it in.
    Here is my justification for a "star" tattoo. It is a variation of the original version of my "Family Crest" I guess it does not represent a typical star, and it is intended to be placed in a tee-shirt hidden place.

    Also, the meanings of the Star/Crescent

    Crescent: One who has been honored by the sovereign; hope of greater glory (horns to the chief)
    Estoile: (star with six wavy points) Celestial goodness; noble person

    Leave a comment:


  • parkerbink
    replied
    Originally posted by Pinepig
    I expect more from a " Rev Elite", everyone around here has pretty snappy replies, sadly you lacked any originality in your "witty comeback". I was trying to help you out so you avoid a faux pa such as that at a future date.

    or

    You need to make those hats a size bigger, they are constricting the blood supply to your brain.

    If you do decide to get a tat, may I suggest this for your forhead.

    I offered you the courtesy of agreeing to disagree. You don't want to play nice? Ok.

    You seem to have a problem understanding the nature of my derogatory remark.

    I made a point which you later admitted made sense, therefore saying pull your head out of your ass was exactly the right statement seeing as you appear to have done so.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ryan Stewart
    replied
    Originally posted by s0urce
    Kat Von Don't?
    josh

    Leave a comment:


  • E30nate
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
    None taken, and I agree with you to an extent. I got mine for the reasons I listed earlier, and unfortunately, I get lumped in with the rest of the trendy hipster kids getting nautical stars everywhere, which I have, but I got them before the whole star-trend really exploded.
    Try living in Nor-Cal and having a nautical star tattoo, not that i do.

    Leave a comment:


  • regnu
    replied
    Originally posted by s0urce
    ^^^ IMO stars are probably the gayest, most trendy SHAPE you can get permanently branded on yourself. Because I'm yet to hear any justification from ANYONE with a star tattoo as to what they could possibly represent (besides the fact that they like the shape, just as a toddler might), I just assume people with star tattoos are trendy morons, with a severe lack of creativity and an apparent impulsive lifestyle.

    No offense of course.
    Nautical Star - The nautical star is a very old modern tattoo, going back at least a century or more. Back in the days of yore, before modern navigation, sailors would navigate in part by the stars in the night skies, in particular the North Star in the Northern Hemisphere, and various other constellations of stars in the night sky. In the Southern Hemisphere, sailors had to use different stars and the Southern Cross became quite well-known. Sailors would then tattoo nautical stars on them because they relied on the stars to take them home, and being superstitious, they hoped their star tattoos would get them home safely as well. Compass stars are also popular for this reason. The nautical stars were originally used by sailors to help guide their way as they sailed through the night. They relied upon the stars to protect them and bring them home safely.



    taken from http://www.vanishingtattoo.com/tatto...tical_star.htm



    Leave a comment:


  • s0urce
    replied
    Kat Von Don't?

    Leave a comment:


  • Pinepig
    replied
    Originally posted by parkerbink
    If it was so weak why so stuck on it?
    I expect more from a " Rev Elite", everyone around here has pretty snappy replies, sadly you lacked any originality in your "witty comeback". I was trying to help you out so you avoid a faux pa such as that at a future date.

    or

    You need to make those hats a size bigger, they are constricting the blood supply to your brain.

    If you do decide to get a tat, may I suggest this for your forhead.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ryan Stewart
    replied
    Originally posted by s0urce
    Haha, well in all honesty, I'll have to disagree with you stating you did it before it was trendy. Star tattoos date back well into the 1950s as a new form of identification among the tough bar lesbians: a star tattoo on the top of the wrist, which was usually covered by a watch. This was the first symbol of community identity that did not rely on butch-fem imagery. This trend faded out and soon was revived in the 70's.

    How old are you?
    I didnt know he was a bulldyke!

    Leave a comment:


  • s0urce
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
    Fuck yes, my tattoos transcend time.
    Haha, well in all honesty, I'll have to disagree with you stating you did it before it was trendy. Star tattoos date back well into the 1950s as a new form of identification among the tough bar lesbians: a star tattoo on the top of the wrist, which was usually covered by a watch. This was the first symbol of community identity that did not rely on butch-fem imagery. This trend faded out and soon was revived in the 70's.

    How old are you?

    Leave a comment:


  • Ryan Stewart
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
    None taken, and I agree with you to an extent. I got mine for the reasons I listed earlier, and unfortunately, I get lumped in with the rest of the trendy hipster kids getting nautical stars everywhere, which I have, but I got them before the whole star-trend really exploded.
    Ahh but that is the fun, you get lumped into it because that is the trendy thing now. Its not like it can change.

    loved/liked. Either way you said your boss liked them. Again, you are in a trade. There it is considered acceptable by some. Its definately something that doesnt fly in professional services.

    IT its a flip/flop. Some guys are douches about it and some arent. Business wise it just depends on whether or not you are going to be seen by customers.

    I didnt say you had a skull on your neck. just using it as an example. If it was "normal" like people like to think you wouldnt be hiding it. Its still anything but normal and it closes lots of doors.

    Most people consider that prejudiced or judgemental but I dont see it that way. I see your tats being the same as wearing a wife beater everywhere. Sure you might not beat your wife but you made a decision to look like it. Being judged because of something you dont control, bad. Being judged by your action, normal.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jand3rson
    replied
    Fuck yes, my tattoos transcend time.

    Leave a comment:


  • s0urce
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
    None taken, and I agree with you to an extent. I got mine for the reasons I listed earlier, and unfortunately, I get lumped in with the rest of the trendy hipster kids getting nautical stars everywhere, which I have, but I got them before the whole star-trend really exploded.
    Before the big bang?

    Leave a comment:


  • Jand3rson
    replied
    None taken, and I agree with you to an extent. I got mine for the reasons I listed earlier, and unfortunately, I get lumped in with the rest of the trendy hipster kids getting nautical stars everywhere, which I have, but I got them before the whole star-trend really exploded.

    Leave a comment:


  • s0urce
    replied
    ^^^ IMO stars are probably the gayest, most trendy SHAPE you can get permanently branded on yourself. Because I'm yet to hear any justification from ANYONE with a star tattoo as to what they could possibly represent (besides the fact that they like the shape, just as a toddler might), I just assume people with star tattoos are trendy morons, with a severe lack of creativity and an apparent impulsive lifestyle.

    No offense of course.

    Leave a comment:


  • Justin B
    replied
    I dunno what I think about tats, as in I dont know if I could have one myself, but I see sick ones on other people all the time. I don't care if they're limiting themselves or not, its up to them. Depending on the placement it may not be anyway. By the way Josh, those stars are sick, every time I see them I think of Rogue beer... LOL

    Leave a comment:

Working...