So who has naked's of Kat Von D??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Jand3rson
    replied
    Originally posted by Ryan Stewart
    Josh, you are arguing and you are wrong. Yes it is subjective but its damn near universal that tats = unprofessional.
    I'm not arguing. I'm making counter-points. I'm not telling anyone they're wrong, I'm simply stating my circumstances, my experiences, and my point of view.

    Originally posted by Ryan Stewart
    When dealing with clients people judge you constantly. That is why I dont show up in cargo shorts and flip-flops. I dont have tats for the same reason.
    I wholeheartedly agree. That's why when meeting with clients, I also appear professionally, and wear long sleeves to cover my 2 visible tattoos.

    Originally posted by Ryan Stewart
    SOME business owners dont have issue? Fuck, even to work at Dick's Sporting Goods they have to be covered. That is a fucking $8/hour job. The vast majority of 50k+ jobs would shit on your tats.
    Yes, some business owners don't have an issue. Once I get my low voltage license in about 1.5 years, I'll be making at or around 50k+, with 2 visible tattoos.

    Originally posted by Ryan Stewart
    Your view is a bit skewed though, you think your boss loves them.
    Show me where I said that. When I got my job (which was offered to me while working for the company temporarily, BY the owner), I asked him if my tattoos were a problem. He told me not at all, and actually that he liked them, but that some clients might not. That's what was said.

    Originally posted by Ryan Stewart
    Problem is dont you do stereo installs? That isnt considered a profession, its a trade. Tradesmen are usually judged differently.
    No, I don't do stereo installs. I used to. If you'd read earlier in the thread, you'd have seen that I'm a voice/data technician, I do phone and network system installation and maintainence. I will eventually move out of this field after a few years into IT and server/network administration, at which time, if required, I will cover my visible tattoos without negative regard.

    Originally posted by Ryan Stewart
    Sure, there are some powerful guys who have them but they are the exception to the rule and THEY HIDE THEM. Just because you have them doesnt mean you are wearing them out and proud. THat is why most get some they can easily hide. Not flaming skulls on their neck.
    Shown earlier in the thread, my visible tattoos are 2 red stars with a black outline. No flaming skulls, nothing on my neck, never will be. Any further tattoos I get (and there will be) will be easily hidden.

    So hopefully, without arguing, I've covered your points. I'm not disputing the fact that tons of visible tattoos will rub people in more professional situations the wrong way. I'm simply saying that in the field I'm in, while some clients may turn their nose up at them, I'm generally only involved with clients for about 20% of my job, and if needed, I do cover them.

    Leave a comment:


  • parkerbink
    replied
    Originally posted by Pinepig
    This was decidedly weak.
    If it was so weak why so stuck on it?

    We can agree to disagree.

    Leave a comment:


  • Pinepig
    replied
    Originally posted by parkerbink
    Apparently you live in another country. The Constitution has been systematically "bent" Whether you acknowledge it or not, you are less free to travel, to communicate without being listened to, to go about your business unhindered than ever before under the flag of homeland Security.

    While I don't disagree here

    Originally posted by parkerbink
    That was more than sufficient.
    This was decidedly weak.

    Leave a comment:


  • s0urce
    replied
    Originally posted by Ryan Stewart
    I work for one of those goofy software companies with beer fridays and a tube slide.
    We've got the beer fridays, but TUBE SLIDE?! /jealous

    Leave a comment:


  • parkerbink
    replied
    Originally posted by Ryan Stewart
    Actually your statement was very much "tin foil hat."

    Liberties arent, in general, being taken away. I'll admit that while the USAPATRIOT Act is a pile of shit they have increased the number of states allowing gay marriage. We are on the cusp of removing federal regulation of weed. Feds dont regulate stem cell research, leaving that up to states.

    So while one act is bullshit more and more freedoms are being realized every day.

    Also, Josh, the walls are there. You arent seeing them because you are a tradesman but you wouldnt be allowed in my job with visible tats. They would have to be hidden at all times. And i dont even work for a horrible corporation. I work for one of those goofy software companies with beer fridays and a tube slide.
    Apparently you live in another country. The Constitution has been systematically "bent" Whether you acknowledge it or not, you are less free to travel, to communicate without being listened to, to go about your business unhindered than ever before under the flag of homeland Security.

    Originally posted by Pinepig
    Is that the best you got.

    The .gov loves folks with tats, much easier to ID you from others wearing that stylish headware.
    That was more than sufficient.

    Leave a comment:


  • Pinepig
    replied
    Originally posted by parkerbink
    Go to a proctologist cause you're going to need help getting your head out of your ass.

    Is that the best you got.

    The .gov loves folks with tats, much easier to ID you from others wearing that stylish headware.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ryan Stewart
    replied
    Originally posted by parkerbink
    Go to a proctologist cause you're going to need help getting your head out of your ass.
    Actually your statement was very much "tin foil hat."

    Liberties arent, in general, being taken away. I'll admit that while the USAPATRIOT Act is a pile of shit they have increased the number of states allowing gay marriage. We are on the cusp of removing federal regulation of weed. Feds dont regulate stem cell research, leaving that up to states.

    So while one act is bullshit more and more freedoms are being realized every day.

    Also, Josh, the walls are there. You arent seeing them because you are a tradesman but you wouldnt be allowed in my job with visible tats. They would have to be hidden at all times. And i dont even work for a horrible corporation. I work for one of those goofy software companies with beer fridays and a tube slide.

    Leave a comment:


  • jflip2002
    replied
    Originally posted by parkerbink
    Go to a proctologist cause you're going to need help getting your head out of your ass.
    :ohsnap:

    Leave a comment:


  • parkerbink
    replied
    Originally posted by Pinepig
    Buy Reynolds stock cause you must go through a shitload of tin foil making those hats.
    Go to a proctologist cause you're going to need help getting your head out of your ass.

    Leave a comment:


  • s0urce
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
    So for now, and for the forseeable future, my tattoos aren't putting up any walls, and probably won't.
    The walls are up, you're just not bumping into them.

    Leave a comment:


  • Pinepig
    replied
    Originally posted by parkerbink
    who knows four more years of liberty revocation and things may change.
    Buy Reynolds stock cause you must go through a shitload of tin foil making those hats.

    Leave a comment:


  • CleanAzzE30z
    replied
    I have pictures of her and me on my cell phone. I saw her at a bar I go to all the time. I think shes really hot.



    Mariano

    Leave a comment:


  • blunttech
    replied
    Originally posted by el_gringo
    You can tell who is old and young in this thread. The world has changed a lot since the 70s to 90s people. Peircings and tattoos have became more acceptable in the community. Most people support individualism (if its a word). I have ink, and I don't want a corporate job in the fucked world it is. People don't look at ink in a neg way as much as they used to. If someone with id10t on their forhead, prob won't get a nice job. But someone (as myelf) who has the brains to have a tattoo hidden (your aware they make makeup to cover tattoos in obvious spots which are NOT gong to be noticed once covered, right?).

    Reguardless. A tattoo artist makes more on average a week than anyone else who works a 9 to 5. Like cosmetic tattoo artists at hospitals, or the ones who tattoo nipples to breast cancer victims (such as my aunt who faught it with both breasts at different times).

    I can do this for hours. But I got things to do. Later
    youre contradicting yourself junior in several ways. first you claim you have the brains yet you cant form a coherent sentence let alone spell 2 words in a row correctly.
    then you state ink is much more accepted nowadays .. if so why the need to hide yours and why have makeup to cover them??. the FACT is people in general still have a negative outlook on tattoos. if you choose a career that takes you into a trendy coffee shop, a record store or a shop building custom bikes youll fit right in. otherwise like i said before, you are severely limiting your earning potential. if 40k is living large to you then thats great. show me a middle aged guy or gal fully tatted up making 300k a year and i will cup your balls while i give you a rim job.

    Leave a comment:


  • parkerbink
    replied
    Originally posted by el_gringo
    You can tell who is old and young in this thread. The world has changed a lot since the 70s to 90s people. Peircings and tattoos have became more acceptable in the community. Most people support individualism (if its a word). I have ink, and I don't want a corporate job in the fucked world it is. People don't look at ink in a neg way as much as they used to. If someone with id10t on their forhead, prob won't get a nice job. But someone (as myelf) who has the brains to have a tattoo hidden (your aware they make makeup to cover tattoos in obvious spots which are NOT gong to be noticed once covered, right?).

    Reguardless. A tattoo artist makes more on average a week than anyone else who works a 9 to 5. Like cosmetic tattoo artists at hospitals, or the ones who tattoo nipples to breast cancer victims (such as my aunt who faught it with both breasts at different times).

    I can do this for hours. But I got things to do. Later
    You can also tell who is available to alternative opinions and who is less so.

    I don't have tattoos, I don't care if someone does. My best friend is tatted back. It's not something I choose to do but for the moment they are legal, who knows four more years of liberty revocation and things may change.

    Leave a comment:


  • blunttech
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
    Some people are into body art, some people aren't. Simple as that. That's what makes them what they are, not everyone has them.

    I just really don't consider myself a fucking idiot, or that I'm limiting myself in any way.
    dude relax and dont take things so personal. i dont consider you a fucking idiot either. im just stating my opinion and i normally do it in a rather coarse way. i think you know that. if i were closer i would hold you in my arms and tell you it will be ok, tatts or no tatts

    Leave a comment:

Working...