Holy fucking malware... HELP PLEASE!!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • TDE30
    replied
    Have you got the original OS software?

    If so, save all of your documents/programs to a flash drive, iPod, etc. and reinstall the OS. It sounds like whatever is on that computer is pretty catastrophic.

    Leave a comment:


  • JGood
    replied
    Originally posted by 325_e30
    just goto download.com and get spybot search and distroy, and or adaware. and run those and theyll kill most of the spyware shit in your comp. and if you dont have a anti virus you can goto avg.com and dl the free antivirus there and run that shit and itll clean the rest..thats what i did and do to keep my shit clean..cuz lord knows i goto many questionable sites lol
    haha, this is above what those programs will do, and as I said, I can't run most .exe's.


    Originally posted by abepark
    system restore points are your friends! just restore from a good known point in time.
    As Jason said, restore points have been removed.


    Originally posted by VacMan
    Go grab hijack this and find one of the tech sites to post a log to. They'll look at the log and tell you what to kill. Or you can be brave and kill it all yourself.

    Tim
    hijackthis = .exe

    I posted on majorgeeks.com already, saying what I've said here, still no response.

    Originally posted by MoparJ
    This is what I do; although problems like this rarely ever happen to me these days. MSCONFIG is an great tool that few people know about...


    Zonealarm + AVG + Spybot = awesome protection for no cost.
    Yep, that's what I'm doing now. All malware cleaning tutorials state that you should set msconfig to normal while cleaning, but it's very hard to get the PC to boot without malware processes running in the background, blocking the deletion of the random .dll files. So I'm just doing it myself. I've got a case of beer and another 24 hours with nothing to do, this bitch is mine!

    Leave a comment:


  • MoparJ
    replied
    Originally posted by TDE30
    keep an eye on the Task Manager and make sure you know what each program is and what it does. Run AdAware, SpyBot SD, etc. Then, run the program 'MSCONFIG' go to 'Startup' and only check programs that you need at startup.
    This is what I do; although problems like this rarely ever happen to me these days. MSCONFIG is an great tool that few people know about...

    Zonealarm + AVG + Spybot = awesome protection for no cost.

    Leave a comment:


  • VacMan
    replied
    Go grab hijack this and find one of the tech sites to post a log to. They'll look at the log and tell you what to kill. Or you can be brave and kill it all yourself.

    Tim

    Leave a comment:


  • jhower08
    replied
    Originally posted by abepark
    system restore points are your friends! just restore from a good known point in time.
    This is true.

    Unfortunately, most malware viruses destroy your restore points or so I hear...

    Leave a comment:


  • abepark
    replied
    system restore points are your friends! just restore from a good known point in time.

    Leave a comment:


  • 325_e30
    replied
    just goto download.com and get spybot search and distroy, and or adaware. and run those and theyll kill most of the spyware shit in your comp. and if you dont have a anti virus you can goto avg.com and dl the free antivirus there and run that shit and itll clean the rest..thats what i did and do to keep my shit clean..cuz lord knows i goto many questionable sites lol

    Leave a comment:


  • jhower08
    replied
    Sounds like exactly what happened to my computer a few months ago. I tried to run some anti-malware programs and it got rid of a TON of files. I just kept running the scanner and deleting them as they were found. Then all of a sudden, my computer wouldnt even boot. Thats why Im currently using an AWESOME 20gb hard drive. I guess Im just afraid to admit that I have to reformat that hard drive :(

    Good luck dude...

    Leave a comment:


  • TDE30
    replied
    I'd say just clean the registry, get rid of any and ALL unnecessary programs (Viewpoint being one of them,) and keep an eye on the Task Manager and make sure you know what each program is and what it does. Run AdAware, SpyBot SD, etc. Then, run the program 'MSCONFIG' go to 'Startup' and only check programs that you need at startup.

    I do some IT work on the side, and this is pretty much what I do to my client's computers. I'm no expert in the subject, but I'd say I know a bit about it. If none of those procedures work, save all of your documents to a flash drive and reload the OS.

    Leave a comment:


  • JGood
    replied
    Fuck. Vundo brought up nothing. I've done several reboots, here is the only problems that remain:

    Cannot open firefox (did a uninstall/install, no change), or several other .exe programs, but can open some .exe programs

    When using IE, if I click a link, it opens an ad page. If you think about it, this makes it virtually unuseable.

    My task manager has restored, but it shows 2 known bad processes, 27304.exe and 444.470



    My background is back to normal, and my IE homepage stays as I set it. No more pop ups for the most part. Every now and then, I get a box asking me to put in a code to verify my computer is legit (malware obviously).

    Leave a comment:


  • TDE30
    replied
    If you know what to look for, cleaning the Registry can be very, very beneficial. For instance, I use IE7, so any traces of Netscape or Mozilla (that come on the OS from the factory) I delete. Do some Googling once your computer starts functioning normally, and find out which registry keys to delete.

    Leave a comment:


  • metalix1021
    replied
    You might just have to go registry diving....not so fun.

    I feel for you....

    Leave a comment:


  • JGood
    replied
    Thanks, I'm running VundoFix now. I found a Task Manager restoration program, and that works (for now?). So i found a few process that don't belong, and ended the process tree (ending the process would end it, but it would come right back).

    I'm just trying to get to the point where I can run the .exe programs. Still no luck.


    Originally posted by Hallen
    Good luck. It is very frustrating and maddening experience. It is amazing that there are so many idiots in the world who spend their days making this stuff. What a waste.
    My website got hacked a few weeks ago. I was mad, but I let it go. Now I'm fucking pissed. If I ever met anyone who admitted they do this shit, I don't know if I could physically control myself. They hide behind the defenses of their keyboard thinking they vandalize whatever the fuck they want. I have a wake up call waiting for them, in the form of a 10lb sledge to the dome piece.

    Fuck I'm still pissed.

    Leave a comment:


  • Hallen
    replied
    An interesting thing about Windows that I found out through a similar incident with my son's computer, is that .exe file extensions are not protected or special in the OS. You can redirect the OS to open a .exe file with a program or remove it from the known files list altogether. Then, any time you try to run anything, it just pops open the "what program do you want to use list". It is very annoying and a pretty big flaw in the OS.

    Good luck. It is very frustrating and maddening experience. It is amazing that there are so many idiots in the world who spend their days making this stuff. What a waste.

    The best advice is to stay away from those hacks and cracks websites because 90% of the time, that is where this stuff comes from.

    Leave a comment:


  • TDE30
    replied
    Originally posted by JGood
    I'm not a violent person, but if I came face to face with the fucker that wrote this shit, I would hit him til he couldn't move anymore. Fuck I'm pissed.
    ROFL.

    That sounds like the Vundo virus, I recommend running the following program (don't worry, it's safe and legit.) It may fix your problem, I had similar issues and this solved them.



    Best,

    Leave a comment:

Working...