Watchmen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watchmen

-I figured this needed a seperate thread...

-OK, i saw the trailer last night before The Dark Knight (rocks btw), what is this movie about? The trailer blew my head! I get it that it was a comic book from the '80s, but... someone want to elaborate?
    1989 cirrisblau-metallic 325i

I skimmed through this at a Barnes and Noble a while ago. When they had a display of the graphic novel of 300 they also had Watchmen in a section right near it.

Since this thread had no such warning...I'll provide one.

WARNING...SPOILERS BELOW:

The novel in cliffs: takes place in mid 80's, surrounds a group of superheros in an America where they are outlawed, Nixon is President for a long time, Vietnam War is won swiftly thanks to super hero help, we're still in the cold war with Russia, an alien monster is brought to Earth. Not a very detailed summary, but it should suffice.

Let me just mention again this was from me reading it in a Barnes and Noble two years ago so I doubt I'm entirely accurate. I'm sure Mr. Anderson will elaborate in no time.

SC*AR (Schwarz Army)
    No longer stock ride height, rolling as low as a daily driver in New England should without worrying about breaking an oil pan. :up:

Comment

I must say that based on that trailer this will be the most badass in awhile.
      sigpic

88 325is

Comment

That trailer sold me. Time to pick up the book and get caught up!

It's funny what the right song for the right trailer can do, such as "Mad World" in Gears of War and now "The Beginning is the End is the Beginning" for Watchmen.

>> 1988 3.1 ITB E30 /// 2002 E46 M3 6MT / 2008 335xi 6MT / 1991 S38B36 E30 (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by Desaevious View Post
          Let me just mention again this was from me reading it in a Barnes and Noble two years ago so I doubt I'm entirely accurate. I'm sure Mr. Anderson will elaborate in no time.
          I love that I'm the R3V go-to guy for movies and comic books. All that nerdery and not getting laid in high school was worth something, I guess. :D

The Watchmen is WAY to hard to explain all at once, Wikipedia actually has a pretty good summary of the series. It's kind of a long read, but make sure you read at least the summary, if not the books, before you see the movie. It doesn't come out until March of next year, so you've got time:

Trust me when I say I'm stoked as hell. I haven't been this excited for a comic movie since Sin City. Just from the trailer, I can already tell that this movie is going to be incredible.

Comment

Haha its alright Josh. I was the go to guy for Marvel and Star Wars. ;)

SC*AR (Schwarz Army)
            No longer stock ride height, rolling as low as a daily driver in New England should without worrying about breaking an oil pan. :up:

Comment

It's gonna be insane. I can't wait to see Nixon after 5 terms as Prez on the big screen.

Comment

There is usually one movie trailer every year that just gives me the chills. Last year it was 300, this year the Dark Knight and for next year it is the Watchmen. I am going to read the graphic novel ASAP and I can't wait to see this movie.

Comment

The first movie trailer that makes you want to burn one, fuck, shit your pants, run, and kill something all at once.

edit:-as bad ass as Dark Knight was I keep thinking about the Watchmen trailer.
                  sigpic

88 325is

Comment

Originally posted by h0lmes View Post
                    I am going to read the graphic novel ASAP and I can't wait to see this movie.
                    You will LOVE IT. Seriously, everyone that wants to see the movie needs to go buy it.

Comment

I just watched the trailer and have absolutely no fucking idea of what it is supposed to be about. It looks great, but it seems to be about nothing. But then again, I'm not comic book person and never have been. Maybe it's one of the those flicks that only people into comics will understand.
                      www.ryanwhopkins.com

Comment

Originally posted by speedhop View Post
                        I just watched the trailer and have absolutely no fucking idea of what it is supposed to be about. It looks great, but it seems to be about nothing. But then again, I'm not comic book person and never have been. Maybe it's one of the those flicks that only people into comics will understand.
                        For the most part, yeah. If you're not of the comic mindset, it won't appeal to you much. I think the trailer is geared more towards those who know the books, but I'm sure the movie will follow a pretty watchable format, they wouldn't exclude such a huge audience. Sin City was the same way, most people who didn't know the books were put off by the trailers at first, but the movie appealed to a much larger audience than just the readers. Same with V For Vendetta (also a DC Vertigo graphic novel).

Comment

The Watchmen Trailer stolen from the Warner Bros. Studio. What do you guys think of it?

here's the trailer. i've read the graphic novel and i must say it looks nothing like the novel.
                          Originally posted by Hawt drift chick
                          Yeah, i'm a good dude i swear, i just like to be balls to the wall.

Comment

you mother fucker
                            sigpic

88 325is

Comment

ok ok here's the real mccoy.
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsDzH...eature=related.
                              Originally posted by Hawt drift chick
                              Yeah, i'm a good dude i swear, i just like to be balls to the wall.

Comment

Working...
                              X