Business practices of US Bank.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thectrlguy View Post
    Honestly, I can't believe there's a thread about this..... the bank is a business, it's not your personal babysitter.... if you can't manage your money, ask your parents for a weekly allowance until you feel comfortable doing it yourself.
    What happens if your bank us so fucked up it can't manage your money?

Comment

Originally posted by myinfernalbmw View Post
      What happens if your bank us so fucked up it can't manage your money?
      It's not up to the bank to "manage" your money. That's your responsibility. All of these so called "practices" are made available for your review when you open an account at any bank, and you signing on the dotted line indicates that your read and understood them.

Comment

Originally posted by delatlanta1281 View Post
        Wait a sec, you're upset b/c you couldn't balance your checkbook? I don't get it. It sounds pretty cut and dry, if you don't have the money in your account, DON'T over spend. If you are planning on depositing the money, do it before you spend it. If the bank drafts you for services and or savings transferrs, note it in you ledger. If you don't use a ledger, remember that the money will be withdrawn. This is all your fault, you signed up for it.
        Black and white here, they aren't bad business practices, they are the way the word works.
        If you mess up, pay the piper and DWI.
        I have been with BOA since High-school, It was Nations Bank then. I have never ever been charged for something I didn't mess up on. And when I messed up I didn't complain. i learned from it and I moved on.

You didn't read the first post obviously...
        I have no problem with them charging me for an overdraft, it's the fact they didn't log the first over draft then two days after making more charges accrue.
        See the difference there...
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Originally posted by delatlanta1281 View Post
          I believe they will if you ask them to. But as far as i know they won't support different accounts without the owner's consent.
          they will *After the fact*. after the've racked up $100 in overdraft fees, they will let you pay them with what's in your savings account. NOT helpful.

atyp's post illustrates what I'm talking about.
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by joshh View Post
            You didn't read the first post obviously...
            I have no problem with them charging me for an overdraft, it's the fact they didn't log the first over draft then two days after making more charges accrue.
            See the difference there...
            it's not their job to babysit you

Comment

Originally posted by rwh11385 View Post
              it's not their job to babysit you
              Exactly. I still don't get it. YOU knew you were walking a thin line, you even deposited money to offset prior spending. You need to be mor careful when spending.
              Yours truly,
              Rich
              sigpic
              Originally posted by Rigmaster
              you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

Like I had mentioned earlier, and tho they arent responsible for your money management skills, I think that the fact that they will charge you an overdraft fee because your "pending" balance is negative is bull. They shouldnt charge you a fee until everything has officially posted.

Comment

Story #1:
                  I applied for a personal line of credit for $8000 (balance transfer) at US Bank. Ive been there all my life. They asked for my income + all my incoming money from student loans, I told them $75,000, probably not including money from bonuses, GI Bill, etc. My credit score is 730 from one agency, and 719 at another. I have never been late paying my CC bill with them.

I got declined.

Story #2
                  Sister wants to buy a $6000 used car. They apply her for the loan, she gets declined. My dad who makes 6 figures, acts as a cosigner.

They get declined.

This all occured at US Bank within the last 2 weeks. Although I have had no previous issue with them, I would encourage you to take your business elsewhere. I worked for a credit union, and a big bank, and the credit union has your best interests in mind.

Comment

^ dude, seriously? What the hell are they smoking...hmmm

I switched over to Golden 1 last year, F WF and BofA
                    Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Originally posted by Jean View Post
                      ^ dude, seriously? What the hell are they smoking...hmmm

I switched over to Golden 1 last year, F WF and BofA

When I got declined, the manager called it in to talk with lending, they wouldnt budge. A few days later I called to see if they would at least decrease my APR, they still said no.

Comment

They must be looking at how many lines/cc's you already have maybe? I don't know... just seems very unreasonable.

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

1 Credit Card, Federal Student Loans, some shit ass Best Buy card (paid off), Trek CC (paid off). No other lines of credit.

Comment

Maybe they hate rotary engines....

Comment

After giving just about everyone a loan they are clamping down because they fucked up so badly over the last number of years. I don't feel for them.

Good luck with the loan.
                              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Originally posted by Jean View Post
                                Maybe they hate rotary engines....
                                We'd be on the same page, see? Rotary engines: worst engines ever.

Comment

Working...
                                X