So i saw a dead guy today. . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So i saw a dead guy today. . .

It was fuckin creepy. I was walking to the gas station to get my morning coffee for work and right before this intersection, I see a cop standing next to a white sheet on the sidewalk. I said,"good morning" he said,"not for this guy" and he pointed down. I asked,"what do you mean?" he pulled the fucking sheet back. I about fuckin dry heaved. Right there in front of me was a Mexican dude in about his late 30's early 40's. It looked to me like it was by natural causes but what was weird was that he had no shirt on, just basketball shorts and no shoes. I have never before in my life seen something that disturbed me so much.

I couldn't believe that the cop pulled the sheet back. Isn't that against regulation? They should just say,"move along" right?

Anyway. Has something like this happened to anyone else?

Discuss.

Taylor
    Need a performance chip for you BMW? Shoot me a PM and I'll get you taken care of!!
    Taylor- Follow me on Instagram @e30_fiend

I used to work at a hospital doing security. On a daily basis i'd have to do morgue runs, which involves going to the morgue, getting a stretcher, bringing it to the room and placing the body on the stretcher. I've seen some fucked up things, like a guy who killed himself with a shotgun to the face but didn't die right away so was brought to the hospital, and missing limbs. And it is true, people do shit them selves when they die, it's the most foul smelling thing in the world, i've gagged almost every time I smell it, and hear it..
    1985 325e 2.8 Turbo VEMS

Comment

Uhhh, what? You are either full of BS or we will see you on the next episode of Jackass or some hidden camera show.

That doesn't happen.
      85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
      e30 restoration and V8 swap
      24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

Im not an expert on this situation... but anyone who dies on the street doesnt die of natural causes.
        Originally posted by blunt
        i would jerk larry king off while tonging jflips ass if h0lmes would blow his head off

Comment

Originally posted by JGood View Post
          Uhhh, what? You are either full of BS or we will see you on the next episode of Jackass or some hidden camera show.

That doesn't happen.
          Well it happens in Oxnard, CA. This place is a shit hole. And Jflip, you're right, he probably didn't die from natural causes but what I was referring to was the look of him. He looked fine, pale, but fine. No cuts, no bruises nothing.

This is a very odd city for sure.
          Need a performance chip for you BMW? Shoot me a PM and I'll get you taken care of!!

Comment

Originally posted by jflip2002 View Post
            Im not an expert on this situation... but anyone who dies on the street doesnt die of natural causes.

Heart attack, stroke, many things happen of natural causes... The reaper does not ask one where he or she would like to die. He just takes as he pleases.

As for the OP, its natural... everyone dies. I can see a cop doing that. Its odd and not something that you see everyday. It makes you think about life beyond your physical body. Nothing worse than walking into a room and watching your dad die of cancer right before you. That one was a hard one for me to swallow.
            Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by E30_fiend View Post

This is a very odd city for sure.
              told you before, move to torrance. :)

ive never seen anything like that before.

although.. about 3-4years ago i was walking home from 7 eleven.. it was night time. i saw this this guy almost like a bum. he was wearing black shirt black sweat pants and a big black bag. he was sitting by the bench at the bus station. didnt say anything to me, he was reading something though. next day.. my mom came home from work and showed me the newspaper. guy was dead on that same spot i think 1-2hrs after i him passed by.

weekend warrior!

Comment

In high school, some friends and I were going to a concert. Driving to the show, we passed a parking lot that had some police cars and an ambulance in it. Plain as day you could see some guy laying on the ground dead. That was my first random death experience other than funerals. It is kinda creepy.

Comment

Originally posted by Vedubin01 View Post
                  Heart attack, stroke, many things happen of natural causes... The reaper does not ask one where he or she would like to die. He just takes as he pleases.

As for the OP, its natural... everyone dies. I can see a cop doing that. Its odd and not something that you see everyday. It makes you think about life beyond your physical body. Nothing worse than walking into a room and watching your dad die of cancer right before you. That one was a hard one for me to swallow.

I relate. Very very much.
                  My father died the day my whole family went to see him.
                  He called us in one by one talked and then to all of us.

A few minutes later we are told he just seemed to give up.
                  Content though, of seeing his family one last time. Or so I'm led to believe.

What's really messed up is that he died the day before my sister's
                  11th Birthday.
                  I can't even imagine what that's done to her psyche.

Stomach Cancer.

Comment

Eh, messed up, you'd figure that protocol in that situation would just be for the policeman to usher onlookers away from the scene. He should have had a bit more respect for the dead guy. Tacky and tasteless if you ask me.
                    - Trey

E90 325i/6 (ZSP, ZPP, ZCW)
                    E36 325i sedan
                    E30 325i sedan
                    Volvo 945T

Comment

Originally posted by Vedubin01 View Post

I know exactly how you feel. I watched my grandma pass right in front of my eyes. But I was so young that I didn't know what happened until it was explained to me later on in life.

It is very hard to swallow

Comment

I'm going to my uncle/godfather's funeral tommorow, he had lunch with his wife, walked out to his porch on the lake, sat down in his rocking chair, asked for some lemonade, by the time it made it from the kitchen, he was gone. People just go. He was at his favorite place in the world, it was time to go.

Comment

Originally posted by TDE30 View Post
                          Eh, messed up, you'd figure that protocol in that situation would just be for the policeman to usher onlookers away from the scene. He should have had a bit more respect for the dead guy. Tacky and tasteless if you ask me.

That's exactly what I was thinking.

Comment

I couldn't continue my job as an EMT because I was so affected by seeing people in those events.

Comment

Once your dead your rights are gone. That cop should know better though. - and hey - it's just a dead guy.
                              '89 "is" = M technic II build mode.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X