Valkyrie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Valkyrie

Great movie! I saw it last night at the new theater up the street. It's tells the true story of an assassination plot against Hitler. Although anybody with any bit of historical knowledge of World War II knows that Hitler wasn't assassinated and the attempt didn't succeed, the movie still manages to keep you on the edge of your seat. I especially enjoyed the eerie feeling that surrounded Hitler and the Nazi's. The level of organaztion and control that Hitler had over Germany was insane. When you couple that with his desire to exterminate entire races of people and take over the world, you feel lucky that he didn't succeed.

i agree. i saw it last night with my older bro. good movie.
    M Coupe

Comment

Tom is a Scientologist. I can't get that out of my head every time I see him now. And that's all I would be able to think about if I were to watch the movie.
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

I just cant stand Tom. It sucks, I know. Usually Im all over a WWII movie but I cant picture Tom being a nazi, and I cant stand him as a person so Im not even thinking of seeing this when it comes out on cable.

Mariano

2001 Titaniumsilber 540i Sport 6-Speed
        1990 Diamantschwarz Alpha-N 2.5L ///M3
        1986 Alpinweiss 325e M50B25 (R.I.P.)

-Talk to me when more sound comes from the induction than from the exhaust...

-Argentina........lo mas grande que hay.

Comment

Originally posted by joshh View Post
          Tom is a Scientologist. I can't get that out of my head every time I see him now. And that's all I would be able to think about if I were to watch the movie.
          I used to think the same thing but the movie was good enough to forget about all that. I didn't think about it even once. He is a good actor, although a crazy one.

Comment

Ze Germans weren't to thrilled with it by based on a few headlines I read. Then again, I'm sure they weren't to happy with Tommy boy playing Stauffenberg, their only hero of the 20th century. Didn't Germany open litigation against the Institution of Scientology for fraud or something not to long ago...?

He's an ok actor but he comes across as full of himself. That image of him doing that interview also comes to mind LOL!!!

The History Channel recently came out with a show on Valkyrie.

Last edited by Maluco; 12-29-2008, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Tom didn't even bother with a German accent and the Nazi officers don't wear arm bands? There's practically no swastikas in the whole movie, if any. Sham IMO.
              Advanded Delphin Division
              My e30s: 1987 325i/1994 318iT

Comment

Watched the History Channel last night, already know how it ends.
                The Keystone Killers

Originally posted by Cabriolet
                With 73k+ post, you'd think he'd have learned a little about life.

Comment

Originally posted by delfin View Post
                  Tom didn't even bother with a German accent and the Nazi officers don't wear arm bands? There's practically no swastikas in the whole movie, if any. Sham IMO.
                  seriously? were you not paying attention to the movie? what a joke.
                  M Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by reppin my e30 View Post
                    Thats wat i was thinking.
                    O and to those who says that Germans didnt like Scientology, well it goes a step further. They didnt want Tom Cruise to play that role.
                    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valkyrie_(film)#German_response_to_production

Comment

Originally posted by reppin my e30 View Post
                      I'll be straight up with you and tell you I haven't even seen the movie. But I heard it's nothing but Nazi apologia. IE don't think the Nazis were as bad as they are made out to be. But I also heard it's a good movie so I'm not sure. I'll probably go see it eventually.
                      Advanded Delphin Division
                      My e30s: 1987 325i/1994 318iT

Comment

I'll be straight up with you and tell you I haven't even seen the movie.
                        well, the first quote made it seem like you saw the movie since you jumped to all these conclusions. you should see a movie before you say that stuff. but dude go see it, its a pretty good movie.
                        M Coupe

Comment

I'll be straight up with you and tell you I haven't even seen the movie. But I heard it's nothing but Nazi apologia. IE don't think the Nazis were as bad as they are made out to be. But I also heard it's a good movie so I'm not sure. I'll probably go see it eventually.
                          It's about the plot against Hitler and the communication and drama between the people involved. It doesn't show Jews getting slaughtered, because it's not about the Holocaust. It doesn't show huge battles, because it's not about the War. Everybody knows that Hitler and the Nazis were evil, the movie doesn't need to spell it out for people. Watch it before you make judgments. It was a great movie in my opinion and history buffs like myself should enjoy it.

Also, all the drama between Cruise and the German government was cleared up and the German government official who originally spoke out against Cruise playing the part actually apologized.

Comment

Originally posted by CleanAzzE30z View Post
                            but I cant picture Tom being a nazi
                            Really? To me, it wouldn't be that far-fetched.

I think it looks good, I really want to see it, just for the WWII/Nazi Germany content, I've always been really interested in that stuff.

Tom Cruise --> :hitler: <-- Hitler.

Comment

Originally posted by h0lmes View Post
                              It's tells the true story of an assassination plot against Hitler. Although anybody with any bit of historical knowledge of World War II knows that Hitler wasn't assassinated and the attempt didn't succeed, the movie still manages to keep you on the edge of your seat.
                              Comrade,

I believe there were like 15 assassination attempts/plots on Hitler. The eagles nest is pretty cool if you have ever been. Its where he actually did the deed.

Comment

Working...
                              X