X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Economy Part III

Some of you will remember this thread:

So...

How are things now and where do you see it going in the future?

What I have observed lately is that nobody has and money... Not even the banks.

Many of the shops including several well established independents and dealerships in my area have gone tits up...

A good friend of mine is now totally out of work after a long downward financial spiral and has lost just about everything...

This in particular is kind of what set me off again... (We have kids the same age and his look shell shocked... Will probably have them stay with us for a while).
    It will get better after it gets worse
    67.16%
    The sky is falling and we are toast.
    14.93%
    Obama will fix it so... Everything is Bitchin'
    8.96%
    Huh?
    8.96%
    Last edited by DCColegrove; 01-22-2009, 07:41 PM. Reason: Still can't spell...

1st

Comment

Originally posted by atomic View Post
      1st
      Actually....

I was first.

Comment

Where is this change I hear about?

www.gutenparts.com
        One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

yeah I think you will see lots of multi family homes living like that due to similar reasons. I am ok for now looks like my industry is only going to slow up a little bit form the best 24 months in history. like 8-10% down from last year but we have lots of work. The inlaws are in bad shape so we are helping them out to the tune of 1k a month and I am off with no UE till the end of feb so living on savings right now.

only time will tell, we are in no waay near the bottom of this shit. The credit card fuck storm has not even begun yet wait till all of these people that ahve been laid off run out of credit and money and the defaults start uh flying in that.
          Originally posted by Fusion
          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
          William Pitt-

Comment

I'm still unemployed.

Comment

Robert.
              - Trey

E90 325i/6 (ZSP, ZPP, ZCW)
              E36 325i sedan
              E30 325i sedan
              Volvo 945T

Comment

my neighbor got "retired" from his job but I haven't seen much effects yet. I think it will be another 6 months of shitty news and unemployment will continue to climb until early next year before it finally comes back.. and that's if another major bank doesn't fail. If one does (citi's looking pretty ugly right now) all bets are off.

the only benefit is the market keeps bottoming out near the october/november lows. There are a lot of investment opportunities out there if you have any extra cash, some things are priced for armageddon rather than a severe recession.
                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

nando BofA is not looking to good either right now. This is gonna get really bad I have a feeling
                  If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                  The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                  William Pitt-

Comment

Another interesting question here...

What do you think is necessary to solve the problems?

Comment

Originally posted by e30s52 View Post
                      Where is this change I hear about?
                      under your driver's seat rail

I am not kidding. Every E30 has like ten bucks down there by now.
                      Not that I care, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                        nando BofA is not looking to good either right now. This is gonna get really bad I have a feeling
                        they would have been fine until the government basically forced them to absorb merril lynch and their huge losses. oh well.
                        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

While i voted for obama, i think its unrealistic to expect drastic change in the economy from him only. There are just to many other factors...

But i'm hopin'

Comment

Originally posted by DCColegrove View Post
                            Another interesting question here...

What do you think is necessary to solve the problems?

Incentives to big business to keep good paying jobs here or bring them back to our country, namely manufacturing

William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                              Incentives to big business to keep good paying jobs here or bring them back to our country, namely manufacturing
                              what, like lower corporate taxes?

if wishes were horses...
                              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Working...
                              X