Knife Thread: All about Knives and other edged tools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love this knife!!

Last edited by emoshun; 01-20-2010, 01:13 AM.

WTB: e30 in So Cal

Originally posted by downernsp
    See I was young too but wtf is up with these perves that know damb well they are manipullating females wiyh all their promises and words.

Comment

If you ever wanted a nice KA-BAR kukri or usmc fighting knife, tanto, etc. Now is a GREAT time to get them. Amazon has them on sale for crazy good prices. I just picked up a kukri and fighting knife myself for 100 bucks shipped. Here's the ones on sale.

Ka-Bar 2-1212-3 Black Fighting Knife - $46.40

Ka-Bar Knives - USMC Fighting Knife, 7 in., Serrated, Nylon Sheath - $56.99

USMC Straight Edge Fighting - $54.17

Ka-Bar 2-1245-1 Black Tanto Knife - $53.90

KA-BAR US Army Fighting/Utility Knife Serrated Edge - $47.99

Ka-Bar Machete Kukri Md: 1249 - $45.98
      Who doesn't love a little BBQ?
      Griot's Garage at a Deep Discount

Comment

Its so classy looking. ^^^ I'd love to have one.

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
        ~ John Adams ~

Comment

I carry a serrated version of the torrent every day. its a great knife
          Originally posted by Fusion
          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
          William Pitt-

Comment

My current favorite knife. I carry a plain edge kershaw leek when not working and combo/serrated leek at work.

Last edited by myinfernalbmw; 01-19-2010, 07:36 PM.

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

aren't fixed blades illegal in MN other than during hunting season and the only when actively engaged in hunting activities????

That said I have been known to carry a boot knife from time to time, NO not posting Pictars
              If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
              The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
              William Pitt-

Comment

I have no idea what you are talking about carrying fixed blades.;) I actually don't know the law, I asked my LEO buddy and he has never had a clear answer for me. He basically told me that he didn't think there was any issue with it as long as I wasn't using it as a weapon/ in a threatening manner. I haven't seen a definite statute on the subject either way. Definitely not something I flaunt around either. Its also only a 3 inch blade so he thought it was ok.

Comment

What are some good SOG throwing knives for $32? SOG Throwing Knives

edit: I just bought them...haha!
                  Last edited by emoshun; 01-20-2010, 01:22 AM.

WTB: e30 in So Cal

Originally posted by downernsp
                  See I was young too but wtf is up with these perves that know damb well they are manipullating females wiyh all their promises and words.

Comment

SOG is a good company and they're local (Lynnwood, WA).

I love that RAT knife. I've been eye balling that RC-3 and the RC5 for a while. I bought the Gerber LMF II on eBay for a sweet price used, but I wish it was a bit longer and non-serrated for batoning.

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
                    ~ John Adams ~

Comment

I have wanted the LMF II for like the last 4 years but thought it might be a bit long for any practical use for me. I like that the RAT is just big enough to tackle some medium duty work but small enough for EDC(not that I do that;)).

Comment

I have really taken a liking to Busse knives, but I just can't imagine paying that much for a blade. I can still dream about the ASH1 and Active Duty.

Comment

What exactly is the practical use for a fixed blade knife in day to day life? I mean, I use my folding Kershaw daily, but a big fixed blade would just be not only overkill, but clumsy.

I don't mean for this to be an attack of any type, I really am curious what you guys use these for.

Comment

Originally posted by NitroRustlerDriver View Post
                            What exactly is the practical use for a fixed blade knife in day to day life? I mean, I use my folding Kershaw daily, but a big fixed blade would just be not only overkill, but clumsy.

I don't mean for this to be an attack of any type, I really am curious what you guys use these for.
                            I carry one in my boot that is a gerber. I use it for fishing/hunting also sometimes at work.

www.gutenparts.com
                            One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

You have never been on a Farm, or Ranch have you. there are lots of reasons to have a fixed blade over a folder, for practicality and safety in some situations

Originally posted by NitroRustlerDriver View Post

William Pitt-

Comment

My RAT 3 is really not cumbersome but I don't think I would carry anything bigger. It fits nicely horizontally at the 11 o'clock position on my belt.

I like my kershaw leek but I don't feel comfortable using it on heavy duty work. It will tackle just about any average daily task but I like knowing that if I needed a utility knife for anything I have one that can conquer anything. I have used it plenty of times in both the garage and out at my buddys farm. I hope to get a little backpacking usage out of it as well. There is also the self defense reasoning that a fixed blade is always faster than a folder, but I really doubt that will ever apply to my daily usage.

Comment

Working...
                                X