Knife Thread: All about Knives and other edged tools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
    for cutting your foot off so you can get outta the shackle to go find help for the shot guy laying on the floor of a abandoned shit house ????
    Duh. What else could I possibly be thinking?

Comment

It is not done, but I made a throwing knife. The hard parts are done, it is in the last stages of edge smoothing. I am going to add blood grooves on the blade.

I cut it perfectly balanced in the middle, it throws SO much better than my expensive throwers.

I made it from a left over section of steel from my Uncles garage. I would guess it is 1/8 of an inch thick by 8 inches long.

I used a sawzall to cut it out and a nasty grinder to add the edges. Then I used 60 grit sand paper all the way to 180 to smooth it out. It is a bit too sharp, hoping it will dull over time. With throwing knifes you want only want the point sharp.

In the future I am going to use some cardboard in the vise while holding them. It should help with the indents left from it.

In the end I saved 56 dollars on the style throw I wanted. It is not pretty but with a few more hours it will be polished and shaped.
      I got full spin throws after 4 tries, and then the best of the night was 21 feet full spin throw.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by F34R; 08-24-2010, 04:53 PM.
      ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
      ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
      ~ '87 535
      ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
      ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Why didn't you laser cut it? And its just mild steel?
        Ma che cazzo state dicendo? :|

Comment

finally got it been waiting a long ass time to pick this one up

]

Lone wolf Lobo.
          Originally posted by Fusion
          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
          William Pitt-

Comment

^ Do you like the operation of the assist? I'd worry about it getting loose. Pricey, maybe that makes up for it.

Comment

its a True AUTO not a assisted but you can open it like a normal manual open knife. Yeah I have had it about a week and been just playing with it to break it in and prolly have a 1000-1200 openings on it and not one sign of loosening. Its a very simple mechanism and I dont see how it will loosen up, its a life time warranty anyway. Really stiff no give once its open no side to side, no back and forth play once its locked in the open position.

Very nice knife and I am very happy with it.

My bench made I have to tighten up the pivot screw every so often.
              Last edited by mrsleeve; 09-19-2010, 05:27 PM.
              Originally posted by Fusion
              If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
              The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
              William Pitt-

Comment

My go to knife for camping/hiking, and also took it cave diving once.

Originally posted by Dozyproductions
                All girls fuck but not all girls fuck around with combustion engines.

Comment

pretty badass looking. what is it?
                  AWD > RWD

Comment

A Bekizo? I don't know...I bought it because:
                    a) CHEAP I got it on Ebay for like $10
                    b) wrapped in paracord
                    c) pretty thick, solid blade
                    d) nice sheath that you can secure onto your arm or leg (especially nice for a wetsuit)

So far it's held up really well.

Comment

Rambo III movie replica Knife designed by Gil Hibben. Leather sheath w/ leather chord for leg attachment. I don't use it in any practical ways, it's good for parties and random "thats not a knife, this is a knife" moments.

Overall Length - 16"
                      Blade Length - 11"
                      Blade Thickness - 1/4"
                      Material - 420 J2 Stainless Steel
                      Laminated Hardwood Handle

Last edited by Aus E30; 09-19-2010, 11:55 PM.
                      Your signature picture has been removed. Refer to the Signature and Avatar Guidelines in The Rules.

Originally posted by slammin.e28guy
                      I <3 dead naked girls.

Comment

hahaha right on mate!

Comment

im a straight up knife nerd. ill take some pictures for you guys soon.

Comment

I have yet to post here so I guess Ill post my every day carry. Its pretty quick and ultra sharp. Very well built. I was able to find it on a great deal after looking for months.

Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

/\ nice! is that a trodon or whatever its called? i use to have a grip of ultratechs. all i got left is a red, satin, plain edge clip point.

Comment

Currently carry a Gerber Tanto 2.5" and a Gerber Suspension Multi-tool every day. I have another Gerber hunting knife in my car just in case. I used to have a cheap chinese balisong I practiced with until the bite handle broke.

Currently saving for a Benchmade balisong, I miss playing with butterfly's.

There is some very nice steel in this thread. Keep posting away.

Comment

Working...
                                X