Knife Thread: All about Knives and other edged tools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stoner Sam23 View Post
    Had that ones big brother. The pocket clip bent like a cheap pen and that slick knife slipped out and is lost after a week of edc.
    I've been carrying the same one for over a year and never had a problem with it. Both the Scallion and 2 different Leeks over the past 5 years. Never had one slip out of my pocket or break.

Comment

Originally posted by Pac1373 View Post
      For you mon ami; http://www.warriorsandwonders.com/ no duties, pesky customs clowns, or additional tax. Canadian site
      Wow I want one of those rapiers...more shit to waste money on, yay!

Comment

Originally posted by Pac1373 View Post
        For you mon ami; http://www.warriorsandwonders.com/ no duties, pesky customs clowns, or additional tax. Canadian site, I myself am about to grab an SoG Flash 2 tanto blade, assisted open.

been waiting for too long to get one though. :(
        I have had a regular Flash 2 (half serrated) in black for about 7 years now, still a solid knife and I haven't had any problems with it. I carry it with me everywhere, and it does sit quite low in the pocket.

Originally posted by NitroRustlerDriver View Post
        I've been carrying the same one for over a year and never had a problem with it. Both the Scallion and 2 different Leeks over the past 5 years. Never had one slip out of my pocket or break.
        I like Kershaw's knives but my sister did break the tip off once when she dropped it. It was a nice scallion too, tip was still in the floor next to knife on ground.

Comment

Anyone have the gerber artifact?
          Ma che cazzo state dicendo? :|

Comment

Originally posted by Joe G View Post
            i sold few back when i sold cutco. Cool pieces.
            Just started working for them... I like it so far

Comment

Originally posted by Roysneon View Post
              Now you're going to get me in trouble :)

Pat, do you know if automatic opening folding knives are legal for carrying for us?
              Roy,

No, we cant have automatic knives (button actuated), or balisong (butterfly) BUT we can have any spring "Assisted" open knife.
              you push very slightly on the thumb post, and then a spring "takes over" and SNAP...

it is pretty much to get around anti switchblade laws I think, it seems to be the next best thing.

I would still love to pick up an auto next time I go to the states though, I would love to have a front open/ retract style auto again...
              chances of me getting in trouble with one as a pocket carry are pretty freekin low.

Lodsin, thanks for the info, Nice to have some feedback I will be making my order pretty quick.
              Originally Posted by ACMF74
              i clicked on this cuz i saw p3nis

Comment

After a little bit of research, that's what I thought. The assisted open that you mentioned looks nice for the price. Might have to keep that in mind.
                For all things 24v, check out Markert Motorworks!
                Originally posted by mbonanni
                I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

yea, I was a little surprised that it is so inexpensive, it almost made me rethink it on the basis that it couldn't be that good for that money. I think I will go ahead with one anyway, if Lodsin has been using one for 7 years and it is still kicking thats pretty awesome.

my current edc is a Rex Applegate design Mini-covert by Gerber, would love to have the Auto version, but not available here:(

Comment

I'm assuming, however that given where you live and your occupation your uses for a blade would be different than mine give where I live....

gf had some ghetto rats from the co-op down by Halifax Shop, I got her a cheap Gerber from CT that night. Told her not to be afraid to use it. Wipe it down and throw it away.
                    For all things 24v, check out Markert Motorworks!
                    Originally posted by mbonanni
                    I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

+1 for the scallion
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Roysneon View Post
                        I'm assuming, however that given where you live and your occupation your uses for a blade would be different than mine give where I live....

gf had some ghetto rats from the co-op down by Halifax Shop, I got her a cheap Gerber from CT that night. Told her not to be afraid to use it. Wipe it down and throw it away.
                        No shit, HRM is WAY rougher than it has any right to be, it's like a nicer looking, more temperate Winnepeg. tell her to take care. that we can't CCW up here really pisses me off sometimes given the state of affairs in most urban centers now.

at least they changed the Canadian laws regarding Self defense/use of force you may not face a long prison term for defending your life now.

Comment

If your going to try and use a blade in a Self defense situation, I suggest you get some serious training in how to use it. Getting into a knife fight and having no idea how to use it is a really fast way to get your throat slit. I am way outta practice but I know the basics of how to slit YOUR throat with YOUR knife while its in YOUR hand still, faster than than you can react in many cases by using your own movements and attack against you.
                          Originally posted by Fusion
                          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                          William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                            If your going to try and use a blade in a Self defense situation, I suggest you get some serious training in how to use it. Getting into a knife fight and having no idea how to use it is a really fast way to get your throat slit. I am way outta practice but I know the basics of how to slit YOUR throat with YOUR knife while its in YOUR hand still, faster than than you can react in many cases by using your own movements and attack against you.

alright mister! who the F are you!?
                            you are an expert on politics, fine watches, AND e30's, many engineering topics, and now a trained assasin?

come one, spill the beans buddy, are you chuck norris?

Comment

LOL No not an expert in anything man just know a quite a bit about lots of different things that have piqued my interest over the years or have had to learn in the course of my life to get by. Jack of all trades master of none so to speak.

As to this topic, when I was a kid I was in a some martial arts thing my mom signed me up for. This very topic was something we covered for a month or so of instruction rubber knife and all. Something I seemed to pick up good I guess. There is even instructional videos on the interweb to lean the moves to do this, if you have someone to practice with.

All that said I would never carry a knife for S/D because I dont know how to use in a manner that I prolly wont end up bleeding out on the side walk. This is why I carry a gun :)
                              Originally posted by Fusion
                              If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                              The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                              William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                                LOL No not an expert in anything man just know a quite a bit about lots of different things that have piqued my interest over the years or have had to learn in the course of my life to get by. Jack of all trades master of none so to speak.

As to this topic, when I was a kid I was in a some martial arts thing my mom signed me up for. This very topic was something we covered for a month or so of instruction rubber knife and all. Something I seemed to pick up good I guess. There is even instructional videos on the interweb to lean the moves to do this, if you have someone to practice with.

All that said I would never carry a knife for S/D because I dont know how to use in a manner that I prolly wont end up bleeding out on the side walk. This is why I carry a gun :)

hahahaha nice.
                                first step when i turn 21 is a firearms tactical class and to obtain a conceal carry permit.

anyways, i should probably go take pics of my chef's knives so i have something to contribute

Comment

Working...
                                X