No announcement yet.

Knife Thread: All about Knives and other edged tools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What kind of steel is he using and what are price ranges.

Comment

Originally posted by Mlarsen View Post
      What kind of steel is he using and what are price ranges.
      154cm steel, heat and cryo treated. the knives with the black coating are 1095 carbon steel. price range is $150 for smaller size knife with sheath/ $225 for larger knife and sheath.

Originally posted by blunttech
      Dude this is r3v. 20 bucks gets you a used timing belt or a low mileage head gasket

Comment

Dude this is r3v. 20 bucks gets you a used timing belt or a low mileage head gasket

Comment

He's definitely got some talent, the handles are excellent. The blade shape and finish however leaves a little to be desired, that's what's keeping them looking homemade IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by cale View Post
            He's definitely got some talent, the handles are excellent. The blade shape and finish however leaves a little to be desired, that's what's keeping them looking homemade IMO.
            Some of these knives are a month or so old. He's gotten a lot better with the blades since then, I'll snap some pics soon.

Comment

Well I have gone and done it.................. I found one of those Spartans on Ebay for about 150 bucks off MSRP and could not resist...... It showed up this afternoon, so far I am very impressed with F&F stay tuned for pictars and a little review

Edit:
              Well as promised I give you the Spartan Blades, Akribis. Akribis, is ancient greek meaning sharp and precise. It lives up to its name.

SO far it lives up to all the reviews I have seen of it. The basics, Blade is CPM S35V, titanium frame lock with some G10 bolted to it, Meteorite Gray frame and blade coating, Ti. Pocket clip and Binder/clip retention bolt/ lanyard hole and of course 100% engineered, made and hand assembled in the good ol USA, Aberdeen NC to be a little more precise. .

This thing Opens and closes like greased butter on glass, the hand tuning of the blade to the frame is very evident with the perfect centering when closed. Lock up is very very solid in all axis's , the little details are still coming to light the more I play with it. From the sizing of the stop pin to the radiusing of the g10 scales. the rolled edges on the jimping to keep from biting your thumb or finger . Its very evident that lots of thought went into this thing and even the little things have been well sorted.

P5201676 by mrsleeve, on Flickr

P5201678 by mrsleeve, on Flickr
              Last edited by mrsleeve; 05-21-2014, 03:02 AM.
              Originally posted by Fusion
              If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
              The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
              William Pitt-

Comment

Any suggestions for a good EDC blade with a deep pocket clip? <$50. I already know about the SOG Flash II but curious what else would be recommended from you knife freaks.

I currently carry an Ontario Rat 1 but it has a decent amount of pocket stickout and would prefer to be a bit more incognito to not freak out the...well...you know.

Comment

i got this recently its cheap and its not only has a knife but has 2 screwdrivers that i have used more then the knife. but it does not have the size of a multi-tool and feels small still. the blade is under 4in which was needed for my job.

Comment

Originally posted by ParsedOut View Post
                    Any suggestions for a good EDC blade with a deep pocket clip? <$50. I already know about the SOG Flash II but curious what else would be recommended from you knife freaks.

I currently carry an Ontario Rat 1 but it has a decent amount of pocket stickout and would prefer to be a bit more incognito to not freak out the...well...you know.
                    this

+

This and tip down carry should get you what you want

I just picked up 2 skylines and working on tweeking them a little bit will post pics of simple easy mods when I get the 1st one done in the next couple of days. They are not that bad for a light duty normal person kinda knife, they are really light, have a decent steel in them lock up seems to be pretty good for a single side liner lock, the whole thing has a bit of side to side flex but what do you expect out of 2.5oz, and your not supposed to use it as a pry bar anyway. Its a flipper type deployment which I think I am going to have to Polish up the blade and the phosperbronze bushings to get it to deploy with a big wrist flick in conjunction with the flipper at least on the one I am messing with. Look around you should be able to find one a little cheaper than the amazon link, I got mine from there for 37 bucks. Blems can be found for 25-30 bucks as well.

I still prefer s30V/S35v and a frame lock thoguh this thing is not bad for what it is. I got them to tinker with and give away as gifts to family that think the 4 dollar knife on the check out isle is a great deal....
                    Last edited by mrsleeve; 05-30-2014, 12:44 PM.
                    Originally posted by Fusion
                    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                    William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by ParsedOut View Post

I like my SOG Access card for this.
                      For all things 24v, check out Markert Motorworks!
                      Originally posted by mbonanni
                      I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

Originally posted by Roysneon View Post
                        I like my SOG Access card for this.
                        Those are pretty sweet. I'm thinking about going with the Kershaw Chill. Cheap, good size, light weight, when carried tip down the clip stick out is very minor.

Comment

That spartan is sweet. Definitely on my short list of knives I'd like to have someday.
                          sigpic

Comment

I ended up getting a Kershaw 1660DSBLK Leek Desert Knife. From what I found, it's a LE of 550 units. I like the clip depth.

Comment

^ good knife.

Comment

Well, with a Scallion, and a Chive, I figured I should get the Leek. I've just become a fan of its easy one hand opening. I wanted to stick with something I wouldn't miss if it went missing. (Still a damn plastic bladelock though...)

Comment

Working...
                                X