No announcement yet.

Knife Thread: All about Knives and other edged tools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well finally got it done. Took a new Skyline and polished the G10 scales and got rid of the stone-wash on the blade and polished it up. Not a hard process, just sanded everything by hand progressively from 400g to 3000g then hit it with a polishing compound on a drumel until shiny. Was going to try and find some screws that were colored to give it a little contrast and I still prolly will at some point

Like noted above its not a bad carrying knife if you dont need to every do any really heavy work with it. Its very light at 2.5oz, decent 14c steel that will take very good edge, looks good. The "flipper style deployment" takes some getting used too though as the studs are really blade stops and not really meant to be used as a thumb stud. lock up is decent for a thin liner lock, it fits in the pocket well. If all your ever going to do is open boxes, mail, maybe cut up some food once in a while or some string, or other mundane tasks your going to be just fine with one of these.

Couple of knicks in the scales already from getting dropped, basically did this one for the wife.
    IMG_1685 by mrsleeve, on Flickr

IMG_1686 by mrsleeve, on Flickr

what they look like right out of the box G-10 still textured and stone-washed blade on the right as compared to a little "refinement"
    IMG_1687 by mrsleeve, on Flickr

My frame lock family shot top to bottom Kershaw Skyline, Bradley Alias II, Lone wolf Lobo, and the spartan again. I love s30v
    IMG_1688 by mrsleeve, on Flickr
    Last edited by mrsleeve; 06-06-2014, 02:35 PM.
    Originally posted by Fusion
    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
    William Pitt-

Comment

H and K 14440.
      Great weight with the lightening holes and the very generous sized ambidextrous Thumbhole for quick and effecient opening.

Have put this knife through hell and it works as well as the day it was new

Comment

Hey this thread is right up my alley!

I run a knife company here in Jackson Hole Wyoming. We primarily work in Damascus steel custom knives as well as our full production run of S35VN kitchen blades.

An example of what I can do below. This is an 8" Chef, San Mai damascus with a 52100 high carbon steel center. Blue Coral handle (full tapered tang) with mosaic pinwork and nickel silver bolstering.

From decades of innovation, New West KnifeWorks crafts its products to combine beauty & word-class performance. Experience the ultimate American-made knife art!
        Back to my roots

Comment

got one of deez on the way, first semi-highend piece pretty excited
          88 325is Five Speed
          Lachssilber

Comment

This kind of fits in this thread. Edwin Jagger with rubber coated handle.

Comment

Originally posted by Herr Faust Schinken View Post
              got one of deez on the way, first semi-highend piece pretty excited
              Is the lock only to keep it open? To me it would kind of defeat the purpose of a SpiderCo knife to have it locked closed and not be able to spider drop it open.

I had an old knife I got from Canadian Tire for like $5 on sale that I had a lot of fun spider dropping. I think it was made by Buck and was Bears Grilles branded.
              For all things 24v, check out Markert Motorworks!
              Originally posted by mbonanni
              I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

^
                the bear grilles shit is gerber afaik. I dont think I have seen anything with that branding from buck
                Originally posted by Fusion
                If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                  ^
                  the bear grilles shit is gerber afaik. I dont think I have seen anything with that branding from buck
                  Yeah, I lost/gave it way/broke it a while ago, so I don't really remember. Not a bad little piece for $5, but I wasn't super bummed to loose it. It was a pretty solid piece and I abused it a decent amount, too.
                  For all things 24v, check out Markert Motorworks!
                  Originally posted by mbonanni
                  I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

Gerber makes some decent stuff. They I think are an OEM for some U.S. and Canadian military knives as well...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
                    Originally Posted by ACMF74
                    i clicked on this cuz i saw p3nis

Comment

Originally posted by Roysneon View Post
                      Is the lock only to keep it open? To me it would kind of defeat the purpose of a SpiderCo knife to have it locked closed and not be able to spider drop it open.

I had an old knife I got from Canadian Tire for like $5 on sale that I had a lot of fun spider dropping. I think it was made by Buck and was Bears Grilles branded.

I don't have it yet because ups keeps fucking up and sending it to Barstow, but that little slider has a hardened steel bearing and a spring behind it, so it acts as the detent as well as the lock it's kinda like a reverse axis lock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      88 325is Five Speed
                      Lachssilber

Comment

Originally posted by Herr Faust Schinken View Post
                        I don't have it yet because ups keeps fucking up and sending it to Barstow, but that little slider has a hardened steel bearing and a spring behind it, so it acts as the detent as well as the lock it's kinda like a reverse axis lock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        well i ended up not getting the manix at all so i returned at bought a new tool box but i did get this tenacious for free so thats pretty cool

IMG_0360 by Matthew w wiseman, on Flickr
                        88 325is Five Speed
                        Lachssilber

Comment

I daily one of those Kershaw Skylines and its a bad as knife. Super light and thin so you never notice it, and its strong and sharp. Best pocket knife I have had so fare, plus its cheap so you dont have to stress about loosing it.
                          sigpic
                          "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Oldest to newest:

Swiss army muli funciton knife

Two cheap little blades for key chains

Gerber para-frame knife I picked up for $20 at wallmart

Benchmade 551 Griptilian G10 Special Edition Knife from REI

Smith and Wesson Tomahawk I just picked up from Bass Pro.

Im really liking tomahawks right now

Comment

Just grabbed a crkt k.i.s.s. For a whopping 18 bucks on woot.com. Love how insanely slim it is. Still getting used to the opening/closing function.

Swanny!
                              SUCKERS.

Comment

Swanny;4369935]Just grabbed a crkt k.i.s.s. For a whopping 18 bucks on woot.com. Love how insanely slim it is. Still getting used to the opening/closing function.

I have their Drifter model. It is probably the best knife I've owned. Carry it everywhere, use it on everything.
                                sigpic

Rebellion Forge Custom Fabrication

1988 325is - TrackRat in progress

Instagram @rebellionforge

Comment

Working...
                                X