Knife Thread: All about Knives and other edged tools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want these:

There's a bunch more I want so I'll just give the link: http://www.youwantit2.com/otherknives.html

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
    ~ John Adams ~

Comment

Gerber Mark II would be a good choice as well if you are looking for a dagger/fighting/survival knife. The vintage ones you can get with out the serrated portions and just have a plain blade.
      Originally posted by Fusion
      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
      William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
        Gerber Mark II would be a good choice as well if you are looking for a dagger/fighting/survival knife. The vintage ones you can get with out the serrated portions and just have a plain blade.
        Funny you mention it, I was about to post one but thought I was getting carried away with my pictures. I prefer the non serrated ones.

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
        ~ John Adams ~

Comment

The knife I'll probably get first is either a Rat-3/4 or a Gerber LMF II, but I really want a dagger too...mostly because they just look really classic.

~ John Adams ~

Comment

here is my waepon of choice. literally never leave home without it.

i use it for work everyday.
            Attached Files
            sigpic
            www.strictlyea.com

Comment

This bad boy makes me hundreds of dollars a day.

R.I.P 07/01/09 - 04/23/10 :(

Comment

Originally posted by e30nub View Post
                That is cool!

Do you happen to know where I can find videos of them testing the knife on a human body?

Maybe a video of the knife being used in action of self defense?

Comment

You could buy one and make your own video. Maybe stab and uncle or something?

How does an exacto knife make you money?

~ John Adams ~

Comment

Originally posted by 92 mtechnic cabrio View Post
                    Do you happen to know where I can find videos of them testing the knife on a human body?

Maybe a video of the knife being used in action of self defense?
                    That's not what those things are meant for. They're dive knives. They were designed for protection against shark attacks.

From their website:

As divers, we all know what the effects of compressed gas are underwater. Our training teaches us that our lungs would burst from over-inflation if we held our breath and rose to the surface. This principle is key to the effectiveness of the WASP Injection System.

This weapon injects a freezing cold ball of compressed gas, approximately the size of a basketball, at 800psi nearly instantly. The effects of this injection will drop many of the world's largest land predators. The effects of the compressed gas not only cause over-inflation during ascent when used underwater, but also freezes all tissues and organs surrounding the point of injection on land or at sea. When used underwater, the injected gas carries the predator to the surface BEFORE blood is released into the water. Thus giving the diver added protection by diverting other potential predators to the surface.
                    Anyway, it's a total load of crap. Pure fantasy mall-ninja b.s.
                    sigpic
                    1987 Mercedes 190E 2.3-16: Vintage Racer
                    2010 BMW (E90) 335xi sedan: Grocery Getter

Comment

Yeah I don't really see the knife ever being use in a tactical manner. I mean if someone actually was able to use it on a shark, cool, good for them, but I just don't see someone getting a good strike that goes deep and dumps the gas at the right time. Perhaps the bubbles would scare the shark even if you missed? Much better knives you could buy for the money, I also suspect that if I stabbed someone with one of those I would get sued or in legal trouble because it would be considered cruel and unusual.

~ John Adams ~

Comment

Originally posted by Nicademus View Post
                        You could buy one and make your own video. Maybe stab and uncle or something?

How does an exacto knife make you money?
                        It's my main tool, aside from a pair of tweezers, for making decals.

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Got a good friend of mine that dose the same thing, matter of fact I have to go pick up my local car club stickers from him today.
                          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                          William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by Nicademus View Post
                            Much better knives you could buy for the money, I also suspect that if I stabbed someone with one of those I would get sued or in legal trouble because it would be considered cruel and unusual.
                            Yeah, if I were going to carry a knife that's illegal and would get me tossed in jail, I would just go with my old Benchmade AFO

sigpic
                            1987 Mercedes 190E 2.3-16: Vintage Racer
                            2010 BMW (E90) 335xi sedan: Grocery Getter

Comment

There is no reason why that should be illegal. Is there some group of total waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffles bitches that like to find anything cool and make it illegal because they were made fun of by the cool kids when they were little?

~ John Adams ~

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Its considered a switch blade by many jurisdictions as is any assisted open knife.

Emre: I used to have one as well, till I lent it out and never got it back, I need to get another one.

William Pitt-

Comment

Working...
                                X