Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Its considered a switch blade by many jurisdictions as is any assisted open knife.

Emre: I used to have one as well, till I lent it out and never got it back, I need to get another one.
    I smuggled one in from the old country.. it's kind of crappy, though.
    cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by Nicademus View Post
      There is no reason why that should be illegal.
      Believe me, you're preaching to the choir here. American and Canadian knife laws are even more nonsensical than our firearms laws.

Originally posted by Nicademus View Post
      Is there some group of total waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffles bitches that like to find anything cool and make it illegal because they were made fun of by the cool kids when they were little?
      Just look at when auto-opening knives were made illegal. In the late 50's and early 60's there were all these movies about motorcycle gangs and street punks terrorizing small town America. Their weapon of choice? The evil "switchblade" knife. Hysteria ensued. Brain-damaged lawmakers started banning auto-openers, butterfly knives, and gravity knives.

Now the streets are safe! The whole thing is so ridiculous:
      1. How many street thugs are running around with $500-1000 custom auto-knives?
      2. How is an auto-knife or balisong any more lethal than any other knife of the same length?
      3. If I ever decide to murder someone with a blade, I think I'll reach for my 11" forged Global chef's knife, 7" Ka-Bar USMC, or 22" Ontario machete ... not my 3.75" Benchmade AFO.
      Evidently, logic is not a strong point with these lawmakers.
      sigpic
      1987 Mercedes 190E 2.3-16: Vintage Racer
      2010 BMW (E90) 335xi sedan: Grocery Getter

Comment

Its considered a switch blade by many jurisdictions as is any assisted open knife.
        That's what we find so ridiculous!

Emre: I used to have one as well, till I lent it out and never got it back, I need to get another one.
        I love them. The autos and balisongs are the only Benchmade models I find interesting. I also had a Mel Pardue-designed Benchmade 3550 auto that I gave to a friend of mine many years ago. They're sweet knives. To bad they never leave my desk drawer
        Last edited by Emre; 03-11-2009, 04:58 PM. Reason: typo fixed
        sigpic
        1987 Mercedes 190E 2.3-16: Vintage Racer
        2010 BMW (E90) 335xi sedan: Grocery Getter

Comment

I agree and I would carry one any way, I used too all the time, really when at work, many times I need my knife and only have one hand to open it, because I am holding heavy shit up or holding a water main band on with the other hand in a hole that 20 feet deep. (I work construction). Not in the water sewer business anymore, but it still would come in handy as much of the time my hands are kinda tied up hanging on ladders in a refinery or chem plant, or in a hole on a pipe line somewhere.
          Originally posted by Fusion
          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
          William Pitt-

Comment

My latest toy that my gf got me for my birthday. Kukri for the win!

This thing is the thickest heaviest knife I have owned.

Oh and yes, i agree. our knife laws make no sense.

Comment

how did you smuggle that into PRK looks dangerous, I like it !!!!
              If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
              The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
              William Pitt-

Comment

My new knives that came in the mail.

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
                ~ John Adams ~

Comment

I'll add to this thread:

CPM-S30V is a pretty nice steel. This knife is just for fun...don't really have a use for it outside of opening packages or whatever.

Last edited by shiftbmw; 04-20-2009, 11:00 PM.
                  sigpic
                  "The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." - Winston Churchill

Comment

Did it come with a sheath?

Originally posted by shiftbmw View Post
                    I'll add to this thread:

CPM-S30V is a pretty nice steel. This knife is just for fun...don't really have a use for it outside of opening packages or whatever.

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
                    ~ John Adams ~

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

How you like the LMF II???? I still need to get one ordered.

I think I may just go buy that bench made small auto open that my local guy just got in today.

William Pitt-

Comment

I have one of these.

kabar usmc, usmc kabar, best hunting knives, kabar knives for sale, ka bar knives for sale, knives kabar, best outdoor knife, us made knives, combat knives, military knives

The thing is badass, Heavy and thick. AND it is very intimidating...

But it is ragged out from clearing campsites for a year.

I have been looking at this one next.

kabar usmc, usmc kabar, best hunting knives, kabar knives for sale, ka bar knives for sale, knives kabar, best outdoor knife, us made knives, combat knives, military knives

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

How you like the LMF II???? I still need to get one ordered.

I think I may just go buy that bench made small auto open that my local guy just got in today.
                          Its really nice. Feels good, looks good. I only paid like $30 plus shipping for it off eBay used, although the only use it seems to have had was going in and out of the sheath. I have yet to use it myself other the stabbing the cardboard box it came in a few times 8)

The knife I really want is the RC-5 Survival knife. I also want a small last ditch kinda knife sorta like that little k-bar above or a small fixed blade. I'd also like an assisted opening folder of some type in 3" or above.

~ John Adams ~

Comment

Just got my Spyderco Endura 4 Waved
                            Love the wave, good cheaper alternative to the Emersons.

I have an RC-3 Love the feel, some of the best fixed blades for the money. I just ordered an Izula, deffinilty something to look into for a smaller fixed blade.

Comment

Originally posted by MasukBMW View Post
                              Just got my Spyderco Endura 4 Waved
                              Love the wave, good cheaper alternative to the Emersons.

I have an RC-3 Love the feel, some of the best fixed blades for the money. I just ordered an Izula, deffinilty something to look into for a smaller fixed blade.
                              Yeah the Izula looks pretty cool. Are you wrapping the handle with paracord or leaving it raw?

Who waved your Spyderco for you? Picture? :p

~ John Adams ~

Comment

The New Endura and Delica 4's come factory waved, bought the patent from Emerson( has the Emerson pat. on the blade) I really like the knife, very sharp out of the box and acutally kinda like the Spyderco wave a bit more than the emerson, its a bit bigger although the overall knife falls short of the Emerson.
                                It is G10 blade steel though!

The Izula is getting wrapped, should be here by the end of the month, bought it throuhg a family friend, was out of stock when I purchased it.

Comment

Working...
                                X