No announcement yet.

Knife Thread: All about Knives and other edged tools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is pretty cool when looking for a good knife. This guy puts them though just about anything you could possibly think of. Its even funny to see some of the higher brand knifes not fair to well in his tests.

Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

haven't been on r3v much lately. response to old post.

it's a Chris Reeve "Neil Roberts"

All-Red/MHW style Professional Tinted Tail lights
      PnP EMS, fuel injectors, wideband o2 systems

Comment

God I cant wait to grab my self a Sebenza once I have the cash. For those who havent handled a CR knife, its the real deal and will make you want one badly.
        Beauiful Knife applesoda!

Comment

Originally posted by blueapplesoda View Post

=
          it's a Chris Reeve "Neil Roberts"

You should check out that knifetests.com link I posted just above this and see how well a Chris Reeve's knife really held up. Its well over priced knife that is more for decoration than anything else.

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

I have never used a fixed blade CR knife before, so maybe it differs but I do bleive that his sebenza is a great knife. I would NEVER pay the extra cash for the wood inlays as I have never understood that but the smaller 21( I think it is?) 'benzi is a sweet knife even though the price tag is high.
            If you want to talk an over priced knife, I would have to say ANY Strider knife. It was such an icon for me and once I got one it was so overrated, especially considering the stupid price to include the lanyard and skull, but I know that doesnt make the kinfe.

The way companies like spyderco and Benchmade have been making knives though lately, it really makes me question why anyone would spend the extra couple hundred to get one of these higher end knives, they just dont make sense. For literally 1/5 the price of a CR or Strider, a Spyderco will perform just as well or even outperform!

Comment

Originally posted by Vedubin01 View Post
              You should check out that knifetests.com link I posted just above this and see how well a Chris Reeve's knife really held up. Its well over priced knife that is more for decoration than anything else.
              My friend is a Green Beret and they all get "special" numbered Chris Reeve Yarborough knives upon graduation. He of course doesn't use it and when I asked him if its on display he said its in a drawer somewhere along with a special buck knife he received for being at the top of some class, lol. Tandoctools was going to make him a knife but I never followed up with it :/

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
              ~ John Adams ~

Comment

^^^ that right there is why everyone else would love to have a Chris Reeve's knife. Amazing marketing ploy!

Comment

Originally posted by Vedubin01 View Post
                  ^^^ that right there is why everyone else would love to have a Chris Reeve's knife. Amazing marketing ploy!
                  I was thinking about it and you know they surely like to say there knives are used by Special Forces when in reality my friend says he doesn't know anyone who uses their Yarborough in the field. Its basically like a trophy to them. My buddy uses a lowly Ka-Bar. I'd love to get him a Busse, Scrapyard, or Fallkniven, but they cost a lot. I wanted to get people together to help pay for a knife for him.

He's a modest guy and is frugal with his money but generous to others. When he was home he bought his mother and father a brand new computer. He also spent $1000 on fireworks so that all his friends and family would come and enjoy them while he was home (he won't be back for way over a year). Then when it comes to him he spends nothing. He was looking at my AR's and other guns and I asked him "what do you use?". He just uses the basic Beretta M9. For his rifle he has an M4 with nothing added to it except on of those grip pods which I've heard many people talk shit on. He said he likes because its quick and simple.

Get this too he made his own sling out of some paracord or something......its pretty pathetic and surely cuts into him. I've heard of adopt a soldier type things and I'd like to get him on a list...as long as it didn't embarrass him.

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
                  ~ John Adams ~

Comment

Bumping this thread for a For Sale Ad- thought more people would see it here-

I got a NIB Spyderco Endura 4 Wave for sale
                    -VG-10 steel, original box, Emerson opener How-To still in box.
                    -I bought this about a month ago, was a bit too big, went with a Delica. This is a great knife, still factory sharp(has not cut ANYTHING)
                    -For those who know, Spyderco is a very quality name and this is probably thier most famous knife for good reason!

Asking $50 plus shipping, can email pics, but it is still sealed in pouch. PM any questions

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

SC*AR (Schwarz Army)
                      No longer stock ride height, rolling as low as a daily driver in New England should without worrying about breaking an oil pan. :up:

Comment

I got some new SOG knives that are sweet thanks to the US Army.

~ John Adams ~

Comment

Hi, this is a bayonet I brought back from Lebanon from a couple of Kalashnikovs we own over there.
                          I believe it was from a Chinese model 47.
                          I don't know much but here is what I have to share :)

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

just bought a little cheap daily...Milano Stiletto index assisted. not a spectacular piece, but clean and well balanced, great for a daily hip steel. Multi-purpose knife is an old Boker Auto i bought about a year ago. Damn good knife, keep it clean adn it'll cut nigh anything.
                            ------------------------------------------------

Firefighter/EMT, Paramedic class of 2010. Yeah, i save Lives.

Comment

~ John Adams ~

Comment

^^Wooooo, pretty much same bayonet.
                                Any info? Where'd you get it from?

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Working...
                                X