The Perfect Saturday Morning
Collapse
X
-
Today was a good day for me also. For the most part that is.
Woke up and it was warm out like in the begining of May. So i went and got the parts to finish the motor/trans swap in my Corvair. All went well, till i went to drive it. 1st gear was nowhere to be found?
.. So i said fine then i'll just take it for a test drive starting out in 2ed.
It drove just fine, just no first. Although 2ed pulled pretty hard for a 2ed gear. So i pulled it back in the garage. And sat there for a minute, and then it came to me. I never checked the numbers on the trans and it was shifting in a 3 speed pattern (ohh noes!). My dumbass put in a 3 speed trans instead of a 4 speed. I was able to laugh about it though
So i guess i'll be changing the trans in it here sometime. Although i will run it with the 3 speed for now.Leave a comment:
-
Did ya go?
How was the buffet at the Wynn? Did you visit the Ferrari dealership (that's at the Wynn, right?)
Hey, at least it wasn't freezing or boiling while you swapped...
I lul'd
Okay, too much pizza and an entire box of Girl Scout cookies. Miracle at St. Anne's awaits in the DVD player, but until the wife is done doing the dishes, (stepping into the flame retardant suite), Bring It On is on... can this day get any better?Leave a comment:
-
Damn ok you win. Just go kidnap another dog from around the neighborhood tie it up around where your dog was killed sit and wait. Oh make sure you have a gun too.Ive had the worst friday and saturday in history. Fucking coyote killed my dog and left his guts strewn all over the woods. What makes it worse is its actually my mothers dog i was entrusted to watch while she is on vacation. This dog is her whole life and i cant begin to imagine what this is going to do to her. Im going to hunt that fucking coyote until i find him and kill him. I swear i will kill that thingLeave a comment:
-
Ive been spending all day swapping my motor because for some reason I felt like the time was right. Fuck it was such a nice day today too.Leave a comment:
-
Woke up in vegas... Not hungover.
Brunch @ Wynn, Shopped @ Cesears, lost money @ cesears and bellagio.
Down on the weekend, but oh well, I only brought what i was willing to lose.Leave a comment:
-
Blue skies, not a cloud in the sky
+
a shit ton of fresh snow
+
a couple of my close friends
=
perfect satrudayLeave a comment:
-
how much are they? crazy john, my neighbor is the one who found the dog in the woods. he took his hunting dog out and told me if the dog was out there hed find it. his dog found it in like 5 minutes. he said he had a plan to kill the coyote and he would talk to me when his wifes not around. ill post pics of this fucker when we get him.
They make a cheap one you can get for 30ish bucks I think maybe less, but if you have a neighbor named "crazy John" with hunting dogs I think you will be set. I used to hunt so much I spent more time in the woods than in the house during the seasons (deer through small game sept to march in MI anyway) but sadly I can count on 1 hand one hand the number of times I have made it into the wood hunting in the past 6 years.
When I lived in MI we used to hunt coyotes and we ended up chasing one nearly 17 miles before we could get a good shot on it to kill it. Poor dogs were so wore out after that we had to rest them for 2 weeks. (helps when you know every big land owner in the county and have permission to chase coyotes on their lands)Leave a comment:
-
The common thread seems to be good food...-I ran 9 miles in the snow/hail. :loco:
-Made some fantastic caesar wraps.
-Played some COD4, got a 17 kill streak on a map I hate.
-Sent out some fundraising emails.
http://www.llswa.org/site/TR/Events/...nal&fr_id=1040
^Donations Welcome!
-Going to the 8:45 showing of watchmen at the IMAX :p
I once had to walk 2 miles and carry four rotors for a Nissan Maxima... they are heavy! My arms hurt like crazy the next day. I wasn't covered in grease though.
Um, I don't think I could run for six minutes.I only ran 6 miles today. Getting ready to race a hilly 25K tomorrow. I did install my Mtek carbon insert on my rear spolier. Hopefully the 20 bricks on my trunk lid will the get the doubled edged tape to stick. The edges were up a bit since the piece isn't as hard to form as the original M tec insert. Now I have a 80lb dog and I have bear and coyotes and I never let the dog out alone unsupervised. That's what 2000 acres of woods for a backyard will do to you. Sorry to hear about your loss Blunt. Will buy you a beer at the Vineyards. Shoot me an e-mail on a e30 fender and current 2002 fenders price. dlmrun2002ix at yahoo dot com.
•••dlm•••
So, I got a homepage coded, went for a walk with the wife and kid, and now for some 'za as Michael Scott would say. Ground beef, mushrooms and extra sauce on a deep dish. The only thing lacking so far is a nap.Leave a comment:
-
how much are they? crazy john, my neighbor is the one who found the dog in the woods. he took his hunting dog out and told me if the dog was out there hed find it. his dog found it in like 5 minutes. he said he had a plan to kill the coyote and he would talk to me when his wifes not around. ill post pics of this fucker when we get him.go to you local outdoor supply store I believe there is a Cabelas near gods country (Rogers) get a electronic predator call (one with a rabbit in distress call in it) place it in the your yard. Turn it on, sit on the deck or in the kitchen window with a beer binoculars and your trusty Varmint rifle and wait. You will get that fucker. when you see him (if in the house) open window slowly and shoot him.
I had to kill a few coyotes last dec. as they were messing with my dog when he was out side.Leave a comment:
-
I only ran 6 miles today. Getting ready to race a hilly 25K tomorrow. I did install my Mtek carbon insert on my rear spolier. Hopefully the 20 bricks on my trunk lid will the get the doubled edged tape to stick. The edges were up a bit since the piece isn't as hard to form as the original M tec insert. Now I have a 80lb dog and I have bear and coyotes and I never let the dog out alone unsupervised. That's what 2000 acres of woods for a backyard will do to you. Sorry to hear about your loss Blunt. Will buy you a beer at the Vineyards. Shoot me an e-mail on a e30 fender and current 2002 fenders price. dlmrun2002ix at yahoo dot com.
•••dlm•••Leave a comment:
-
I had to walk a couple miles today all greasy and angry to the NAPA to get an oil filter wrench. I looked like a bum
FMLLeave a comment:
-
Ive had the worst friday and saturday in history. Fucking coyote killed my dog and left his guts strewn all over the woods. What makes it worse is its actually my mothers dog i was entrusted to watch while she is on vacation. This dog is her whole life and i cant begin to imagine what this is going to do to her. Im going to hunt that fucking coyote until i find him and kill him. I swear i will kill that thing
go to you local outdoor supply store I believe there is a Cabelas near gods country (Rogers) get a electronic predator call (one with a rabbit in distress call in it) place it in the your yard. Turn it on, sit on the deck or in the kitchen window with a beer binoculars and your trusty Varmint rifle and wait. You will get that fucker. when you see him (if in the house) open window slowly and shoot him.
I had to kill a few coyotes last dec. as they were messing with my dog when he was out side.Leave a comment:
-
-I ran 9 miles in the snow/hail. :loco:
-Made some fantastic caesar wraps.
-Played some COD4, got a 17 kill streak on a map I hate.
-Sent out some fundraising emails.
http://www.llswa.org/site/TR/Events/...nal&fr_id=1040
^Donations Welcome!
-Going to the 8:45 showing of watchmen at the IMAX :pLast edited by E30Eric; 03-07-2009, 03:45 PM.Leave a comment:

Leave a comment: