• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's your point?
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I’ll admit I made a CT reservation the night they first showed it. Here is my reasoning:

I‘ve been wanting an EV for a long time but I have a 340 mile round-trip commute (that I do 2x per month) so most EVs weren’t going to cut it. I thought the CT would not only replace my DD commuter but also my Ranger that I keep for utility and off-roading. Also I have a new need to tow a race trailer to track days. Perfect!

The more I have read about EVs I’m not sure that even the $80K 500-mile CT could reliably commute in the cold or tow 160 miles to the track. Forget towing in the cold.

I am intrigued by Ford’s idea of putting a removable range-extending generator in the new E-150... that could be viable for me.

Comment

You've got it, especially in trucks where there is lots of space, a range extender/generator is exactly what's needed. In static operation certain engine types are highly efficient, so it's only really a case of if regulations do or do not count generator emissions.

Comment

Working...
        X